All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the easiest way to get around his no world title clause

Have him “threaten” to jump ship and bin the belt unless he gets a world title shot

But yeah he’s going nowhere

as AEW was his Idea

Pretty keen for this. Shame it wasn’t a surprise.

Didn't TNT complain about them having surprises because they can't use them to bring in extra ratings? Not sure if that's the reason.

Can we please focus on the content of the wrestling rather than throwing around personal attacks.

As I've said multiple times in the past month, this thread is at it's best when AEW is the focus.

I don't think that suggesting a reference to a match from 27 year ago probably missed the mark with most of the "key" audience AEW is looking for is worthy of a personal attack.

You do realise that there is a thing called youtube for them to look at past matches to give them an understanding? I do believe that a vast majority of the “Key” demo is tech savvy to do that?

What’s next Sammy Guevara wore red trunks instead of blue?

You do realise that there is a thing called youtube for them to look at past matches to give them an understanding? I do believe that a vast majority of the “Key” demo is tech savvy to do that?

What’s next Sammy Guevara wore red trunks instead of blue?

So fans have to watch 27 year old matches from the rival company to understand the storyline of the match?

It doesn’t matter how “tech savvy” the audience is, it’s bad storytelling.

Defending a bad finish by going — “but it’s an homage from a match 27 years ago” doesn’t prevent it from being a bad finish

So fans have to watch 27 year old matches from the rival company to understand the storyline of the match?

It doesn’t matter how “tech savvy” the audience is, it’s bad storytelling.

Defending a bad finish by going — “but it’s an homage from a match 27 years ago” doesn’t prevent it from being a bad finish

What I didn’t like was it was 1-3 power bombs too many. It told the story of both Punk and MJF. It told the frustrations of Wardlow losing because of MJF’s ego. It also tells a long term story about Punk and Wardlow sometime in the future. Ie Punk wins the world title, Wardlow is the challenger, where Wardlow dominated punk, but lost to the interference of MJF. This time there will be no MJF to interfere.

So in that match there is potentially 3 storyline’s that it could go down any path at any time. Sometimes it’s easier if you can view things objectively rather than being pedantic over small issues

I only managed to catch Rampage last night, but my previous thoughts were proven correct once again.
Shawn Spears is the most underrated talent in AEW. If anybody watched his promo closely enough they would have seen how flawless it was. His current position beneath MJF is absolutely perfect. A program between the two someday would yield unexpected gold, I guarantee.

I only managed to catch Rampage last night, but my previous thoughts were proven correct once again.
Shawn Spears is the most underrated talent in AEW. If anybody watched his promo closely enough they would have seen how flawless it was. His current position beneath MJF is absolutely perfect. A program between the two someday would yield unexpected gold, I guarantee.
Great promo work on the mic by Spears. Didn’t know he had that in him. I love that semi shoot style and he’s clearly a polished performer when given the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spears is great... Shame about the injury for FTR a little while ago feel like they haven't had the run that was expected so far. To me they are probably the best tag team in the world and them not being champions or right up there challenging is a bit mind boggling.

Spears is great... Shame about the injury for FTR a little while ago feel like they haven't had the run that was expected so far. To me they are probably the best tag team in the world and them not being champions or right up there challenging is a bit mind boggling.
The tag division is so stacked you could say that about a number of teams. I think Santana and Ortiz deserve the belt ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back