All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn’t think Bryan was behaving like a face anyway.

Also once he loses to Hangman a simple handshake at the end will get the crowd cheering him anyway.
yeah he's just facing a beloved face instead of a heel now. he's been a bit of a dickhead since he got in. he started the whole Kingston/Punk thing by needling Kingston. it's really just a slight tweak and the "you're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in" part of his theme is pumped up a little bit more, which is probably why it worked so well.

yeah he's just facing a beloved face instead of a heel now. he's been a bit of a dickhead since he got in. he started the whole Kingston/Punk thing by needling Kingston. it's really just a slight tweak and the "you're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in" part of his theme is pumped up a little bit more, which is probably why it worked so well.
He wasn't insulting the fans before. They've turned him heel because they needed someone in that spot once Moxley was out. Miro wanted time off and it's also questionable whether he should be in a main line program against Page for the title.

Melissa Santos complaining again that Brian Cage isn't being used. Have to agree, think AEW haven't used him to the best of his abilities and he should be a much more prominent figure on TV, let alone him being off TV completely for nearly 2 months now.

Amazing to think Billy Gunn is 5 or 6 years older than Jericho. Looks in great nick and still moves well. Jericho is moving as well as the titanic these days. Cooked and his stupid one liner dad jokes or screaming insults aren't much chop. Bring back the painmaker Jericho.

That Punk/MJF promo is wrestling done right, and AEW would be so much better if that's how they got their talent over. Giving your talent the microphone and having them cut promos is HOW YOU ******* GET YOUR TALENT OVER. If you can get the audience invested in you by how you talk you're going to go all the way. If AEW did more of this instead of relying on spotfests and indie fed bullshit they'd be great all the time.

Give more mic time to your young talent. Stop having Dante Martin, Daniel Garcia and all those guys wrestle all the time and let them try to get themselves over on the mic.

Loved every moment of that.
Best promos always have some , or a lot of, truth to it.

A lot of truth to the Punk not being as good as Cena or HHH to main event Mania? It was a good promo between both just not sure they needed to raise mention of WWE as much as they did. Couple of times would be have been sufficient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of truth to the Punk not being as good as Cena or HHH to main event Mania? It was a good promo between both just not sure they needed to raise mention of WWE as much as they did. Couple of times would be have been sufficient.

Said some or a lot of truth, not all truth. Did you comb through all of that to catch me out Lynchy?
Edit. Besides, according to WWE he wasn’t.

Thought the mentions were fine. All part of the fun.

Said some or a lot of truth, not all truth. Did you comb through all of that to catch me out Lynchy?
Thought the mentions were fine. All part of the fun.

No I mean do you think its truth that he wasn't as good as Cena in the ring? Not catching you out I was legit asking your thoughts on the comment. I think Punk runs rings around him in the ring but hard to argue he has been a bigger name in the industry than Cena and HHH hence why they never backed him in to main event Mania. I always found it odd that even as champion he was in a lot of midcard or pre main event matches. I saw he and Daniel Bryan put on a clinic at Rod Laver in a championship match that was from memory half way through the show only to watch a s**t show main event of Big Show and Laurinitis vs Cena.

I thought it was a decent promo exchange between them, just felt that they mentioned WWE to many times??

No I mean do you think its truth that he wasn't as good as Cena in the ring? Not catching you out I was legit asking your thoughts on the comment. I think Punk runs rings around him in the ring but hard to argue he has been a bigger name in the industry than Cena and HHH hence why they never backed him in to main event Mania. I always found it odd that even as champion he was in a lot of midcard or pre main event matches. I saw he and Daniel Bryan put on a clinic at Rod Laver in a championship match that was from memory half way through the show only to watch a sh*t show main event of Big Show and Laurinitis vs Cena.

I thought it was a decent promo exchange between them, just felt that they mentioned WWE to many times??
If true my apologies.
Punk was better in the ring than either.
On the mic, at that time, punk was also the best of the 3 on the mic, though Cena could be just as good, but wanted to be Superhero style for the kids, nothing wrong in that it made him a fortune, and so his earlier stuff that would of got him to that level he couldn’t use.
Triple H sucked on the mic, was good without being great, in the ring.
Was shoved down our throats to get go away heat and so WWE used their “he gets a response” narrative.
Thing was it wasn’t heel heat but go away heat. Not the same. The Rock & Punk knew the difference as does MJF
Punk should of headlined Wrestlemania instead of Miz, and Miz should of had a champions run during that period much later that decade(when he was amazing as a heel. Finally got there and they missed the timing).

The use of WWE names or hints was great as it wasn’t forced. They meant something. My opinion of course.

Last edited:
Very hard to ignore the topic of WWE when talking about CM Punk…

Very hard to ignore the topic of WWE when talking about CM Punk…

Exactly. He's been in AEW 5 minutes so absolutely makes sense to talk about it when talking about his history. Prefer that than just pretending wrestlers didnt exist prior to joining a company. Nearly everyone watching would know his WWE history so why wouldn't you go there. Not sure why people get upset with the mentions if its something like this. The brass ring and Cody crap is lame but otherwise I like it.

If true my apologies.
On the mic, at that time, punk was also the best of the 3 on the mic, though Cena could be just as good, but wanted to be Superhero style for the kids, nothing wrong in that it made him a fortune, and so his earlier stuff that would of got him to that level he couldn’t use.
Was shoved down our throats to get go away heat and so WWE used their “he gets a response” narrative.
Thing was it wasn’t heel heat but go away heat. Not the same. The Rock & Punk knew the difference as does MJF
Punk should of headlined Wrestlemania instead of Miz, and Miz should of had a champions run during that period much later that decade(when he was amazing as a heel. Finally got there and they missed the timing).

The use of WWE names or hints was great as it wasn’t forced. They meant something. My opinion of course.
The miz winning the championship and headlining wm was the day wrestling started to die for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If true my apologies.

You honestly think HHH sucked on the mic and wasn’t great in the ring?

LOL OK.

It was a great promo segment between punk and MJF. 2 of the greatest talkers in wrestling. Just the way a promo segment should be.

You honestly think HHH sucked on the mic and wasn’t great in the ring?

LOL OK.

HHH could talk, but mostly it was the same crap. His matches were solid, but very rarely great. His best 2 matches were the three way’s with Michaels and Benoit. Both of them 2 could make something by wrestling a mop, HHH was miles behind them guys in term of ability.

So I agree, his in ring was solid, without ever being great. His single matches at wrestlemania main events were hugely disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back