All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately for HHH and everyone else to follow in the top level spots even for guys to this day they are following a bar that was set that high it will never be repeated again.

The Attitude Era and Monday Night Wars produced one of if not the hottest angles ever in the NWO resulting in Ultimate Heel Hogan who was complete dog s**t in the ring and then the likes of Stone Cold The Rock Sting Undertaker Kane Goldberg Mankind HBK. I’d even throw Hitman and Angle in who were at the very start and at the end of the peak respectively.

Made it extremely hard and unrealistic for the next lot after them like Cena Punk etc and now to the current day guys like Roman and Omega to live up to the hype or expectation of being up the top end.

The MJF/Punk segment is one of the best segments of the year, in any promotion, surely.
Two of the absolute best on the mic just going at it. Really gripping stuff, especially from this self confessed work rate nerd.

What an episode. Enough has been said about the opening segment obviously. Just wow.

That main event though. Felt like a genuine showcase match. If you tuned in to AEW for the first time and wanted an idea of the in-ring talent on the roster, that's the perfect exposure.
The crowd was molten lava. It looked like every talent involved was having a ball like it was a house show. Andrade in particular. He was so up and about he lost his pants.

Well I can't wait to hear what Cornette has to say about Rampage after Punk used his method of saying 'Comoratto... Solo... Agogo'.

Also not sure who on here actually listens to Corny's reviews (I love AEW but still find them hilarious) but Brian Last said Darby vs MJF was the best PPV opener he's seen since Bret vs Owen which he was in attendance for.
For someone who’s apparently not relevant in wrestling anymore aew sure as s**t mention cornette often

Someone on commentary called omega Kenny olivieeea

Orange Cassidy got called pockets

Also, not that it's super relevant - but The Miz is sorely underrated as a character I think.
Maybe he's not amazing in the ring but he knows how to draw heat like few others.

This.

The MJF/Punk segment is one of the best segments of the year, in any promotion, surely.
Two of the absolute best on the mic just going at it. Really gripping stuff, especially from this self confessed work rate nerd.

Loved it. Was glad I saw the young MJF appearance on Rosie O'Donnell via YouTube, so understood Punk's reference haha.

Was great seeing two guys professionally one up each other one the mic. Felt organic and non scripted too.

Thinking about it, was great seeing the two veterans (Punk/Danielson) work with arguably the best young heel and babyface right now in Page/MJF.

Fun Rampage main event with Kingston toppling Garcia.

Finally figured out who Garcia reminds me of. There's a methodical approach to parts of his offence and mannerisms when selling and regaining his composure that absolutely screams Randy Orton. Once I noticed it I couldn't unsee it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just caught up with Dynamite - they just keep hitting home runs.
Loved loved loved the Punk/MJF promo. Two of the best mic workers going around. MJF (the less famous Miz lol) can draw heat so damn well.
WWE references shouldn't be buried, that sounds something WWE would do. Less scripting and more freedom feels refreshing.
Really enjoying Danielson's run, and the main event was on fire.

I thought Dynamite was excellent, probably the best one since I've started watching which has been since Punk debuted.

Rampage on the other hand wasn't so great. The main event was very good, I like Garcia's ring work and I love Kingston's ring style even though it's far from traditional but it suits him.

I thought Britt Baker losing was a poor choice. Atleast have Hayter cost her the match like Britt did to her on Dynamite and have that storyline continue. The match was pretty meh aswell.

And anything involving Pockets is going to get a downer for me. Change his gimmick or get him off TV cause it's just too much silliness. I want to see Cole involved in more serious stuff and this is far from it.

I thought Dynamite was excellent, probably the best one since I've started watching which has been since Punk debuted.

Rampage on the other hand wasn't so great. The main event was very good, I like Garcia's ring work and I love Kingston's ring style even though it's far from traditional but it suits him.

I thought Britt Baker losing was a poor choice. Atleast have Hayter cost her the match like Britt did to her on Dynamite and have that storyline continue. The match was pretty meh aswell.

And anything involving Pockets is going to get a downer for me. Change his gimmick or get him off TV cause it's just too much silliness. I want to see Cole involved in more serious stuff and this is far from it.

When I first started watching AEW, thought it was hilarious, but his gimmick is one that should run in its current form 2-3 months tops.

Watching Cole vs OC was pretty jarring. AEW is great when they straddle the line of humour, but the Ghostbuster 'proton packs', OC, and Young Bucks when they go overboard....that s**t needs to be reigned in big time. They all have their BTE YouTube channel for that stuff.

Cole's run has been something Vince would be proud of.

I really wish I had come back from my pro wrestling sabbatical to see Cole in NXT, he's been great. High level performer in and out of the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back