All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer Kross is teasing on Twitter the date February 2nd, which happens to be a Dynamite episode. I think Khan would be insane not to sign the guy, they need more guys in AEW who can actually pull off the character side of wrestling because most of their guys suck at it.
Nah. The guy would get lost in the shuffle. Seems like good fit for Impact.

Skimmed over most of it due to time but watched majority of the people that interest me, there was some really good parts. Wardlow is impressive and love MJF got to be one of my favourites across the entire industry at the moment.

My issue with WWE is seeing the same match to often and on the flip side my gripe with AEW is trying to follow WTF is going on sometimes more so around the mid card/tag team scene. Feel like the roster is huge and there a ton of completely random matches or very short "feuds" if you call it that.

Is Adam Cole being used right? Some might enjoy it but when he jumped ship it felt like a big thing but so far it's a bit of a let down him working with Best Friends etc. Not even that excited about the Bucks vs Cole and co. He went from the competition where the entire show was built around the UE for a few years to now just floating in the middle. I know eventually it will probably end up around the top with Omega but to me has been a bit flat so far.

Kingston - Jericho probably the least interesting thing on the show at the moment.

Agree with earlier comments about the MJF - Punk is basically a complete rinse and repeat with Jericho situation but MJF on the mic has been amazing and it will be a great match with Punk.

Andrade is very boring, there was a reason why he was so so in WWE and its no different on AEW, pairing with Matt Hardy is actually probably less interesting than Kingston - Jericho

Black should be a top line star , has the look and the whole package with a dark gimmick to me is cool. Will enjoy him having a stable behind him feel like he has been wasted so far to. With that gimmick its almost like the Taker in the ministry deal, when you have someone that dark twisted /bad ass whatever you want to call it there is you top dog for the heel side of things.

Loved Archers return but dare say it he is being set up to take another L in a big title match. Great look and moves well for a big guy match with Hangman will be good but obvious he will take the L.

Dynamite was good, but thought the booked finish of Wardlow/Punk made no sense. Roll up pins should really be reserved for high intensity mid card matches. Not from a guy who has copped numerous power bombs.

Having a DQ finish would have been a great way to not harm Punk either and build Wardlow.

Nah. The guy would get lost in the shuffle. Seems like good fit for Impact.
I seriously think Kross could be a (or one of) top heel in AEW or Impact. The WWE main roster run was snake bit as soon as they gave him the stupid helmet, things started to fall apart for him in NXT even when Adam Cole cut that promo on him about being reliant on Scarlett and the fancy entrance. I still think he can bounce back from it wherever he ends up.

Do you like tag team wrestling, or just hate 6-10 man tags?
Depends on who is participating.

If the match has a good build and/or some good in ring psychology for me to get invested in, I'm absolutely down for some tag team wrestling.

If it's just going to be a spot fest like last week's main event then I'm going to pass.

Depends on who is participating.

If the match has a good build and/or some good in ring psychology for me to get invested in, I'm absolutely down for some tag team wrestling.

If it's just going to be a spot fest like last week's main event then I'm going to pass.

With you there its why over the last say 5 years I am enjoying FTR and The Bar over most other tag teams because of the psychology. Both teams took the L more than a W but they could work with anyone and made tag team wrestling make sense.

Dynamite was good, but thought the booked finish of Wardlow/Punk made no sense. Roll up pins should really be reserved for high intensity mid card matches. Not from a guy who has copped numerous power bombs.

Having a DQ finish would have been a great way to not harm Punk either and build Wardlow.

it was a good finish from Bret-Diesel at Survivor Series 1995. ;)

Enjoyed the episode due to the chaotic feel. Felt like there wasn't a lot of time to breathe because something new was always happening. Even getting a random tag team match like Bear Country vs The Acclaimed just added to that feeling.

Nobody is talking about the main event though? I love me some Daniel Garcia and I thought he was fantastic in the match against Sammy. I didn't think it would happen, but for a split second there I thought Garcia was about to be going home with the title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's STANG!
FJHOaRKXsAkXjG1

FJHW9C8WUAAtFIT

Four singles matches announced, should be a good episode.
this is how I'd knew it'd be a below par episode. needed a fun match to break things up. main event was great because Garcia is great. Some of those knees by Sammy were a bit :grimacing: though.

the finish to Punk/Wardlow is obviously part of Punk's continued homages to Bret Hart which is fine and all. I just thought it didn't need to go beyond the fifth powerbomb. at this point, it's arguably building to MJF/Wardlow better than MJF/Punk.

Shida actually being properly written off while she leaves the country is certainly better than her just disappearing like after her title loss.

Rampage was very good. The three proper matches were all good & the out of ring segments too. One odd thing is that I figure Andrew Everett was used for that squash presumably because he's a very talented wrestler from North Carolina so it'd be good heat for Spears to squash him, but it didn't come across on TV. good promo from Spears afterwards tho.

That wardlow vs punk finish was the drizzling shits if that happened in wwe it would be rightfully blasted

Yet because it’s from tony it’s an apparent master piece according to the net
🤣 Was actually in homage to the Brett vs Diesel match on WWF.
Was great.
Makes Wardlow look powerful and dangerous, puts another link in the Wardlow MJF breakup story and shows the veteran in Punk has wrestling smarts.

🤣 Was actually in homage to the Brett vs Diesel match on WWF.
Was great.

Is paying homage to a match from 27 years ago an effective way to focus on "the demo"?

You are a strange wrestling fan and you have my pity.

This thread would be so much better if AEW super fans spent their time discussing the content rather than making personal attacks at others?

What happened to your mate MirosWife ?

Is paying homage to a match from 27 years ago an effective way to focus on "the demo"?

It's a legit question--- what's the purpose of a homage to an event from 27 years ago, considering most of the "demo" either wasn't born or is to young to remember it.

This thread would be so much better if AEW super fans spent their time discussing the content rather than making personal attacks at others?

It's a legit question--- what's the purpose of a homage to an event from 27 years ago, considering most of the "demo" either wasn't born or is to young to remember it.
If the ‘demo’ aren’t aware that it was a homage then it wasn’t a homage and hence a normal pro wrestling finish. You’re contradicting yourself.

I did discuss the match, even explained the reasons on why it was a great little match and furthered the story.
Your response was your usual shot in reply. Laughable.

This place would be a lot better without whingers taking shots in replies discussing a match. 👍

My mate? You love your little snide comments don’t you.
Every time I take you off ignore to have a discussion I instantly regret it.

I did discuss the match, even explained the reasons on why it was a great little match and furthered the story.
Your response was your usual shot in reply. Laughable.

This place would be a lot better without whingers taking shots in replies discussing a match. 👍

My mate? You love your little snide comments don’t you.
Every time I take you off ignore to have a discussion I instantly regret it.

Care to try responding to my question rather than go on another little rant.

How does a homage to a 27 year old match attract the attention of the "demo" that you talked about every week during the Daily's Place era.

Care to try responding to my question rather than go on another little rant.

How does a homage to a 27 year old match attract the attention of the "demo" that you talked about every week during the Daily's Place era.

I’ve stated that the match furthered the story of both Punk and MJF and also the story of MJF and Wardlow.
I’ve said it showed Wardlow as being a monster and strong but still under the sway of MJF, barely.
I also said that it showed Punk is intelligent in how he took an opportunity.

So for those that don’t give a stuff about WWF from 20 years ago you have a good story continuing.
For those that do enjoy the call back and reference it’s also great.

As for the demo. Well good stories will in the end grow it.
It’s what Triple H and Mick Foley said when they were losing to WCW. They knew they had the better stories overall and better crowds so were patient.

Not a rant at all. You as usual have nothing to add. I advised why I thought it was a good match and you make your usual rubbish smart ass comment.
No one thinks the AEW is perfect. It will improve as it grows.
It’s a hell of a lot better than the competition in my eyes though.
Back on ignore.

I’ve stated that the match furthered the story of both Punk and MJF and also the story of MJF and Wardlow.
I’ve said it showed Wardlow as being a monster and strong but still under the sway of MJF, barely.
I also said that it showed Punk is intelligent in how he took an opportunity.

But I (and if you read through the thread) thought the match was mediocre and did more to build MJF/Wardlow than it did Punk. It made Punk an undefeated CM Punk look weak. Literally the ONLY people who thought it was a good finish were those that understand the 27 year old homage.
So for those that don’t give a stuff about WWF from 20 years ago you have a good story continuing.

It's not good storytelling-- it made Punk look weak and Wardlow look like a fool.

As for the demo. Well good stories will in the end grow it.
It’s what Triple H and Mick Foley said when they were losing to WCW. They knew they had the better stories overall and better crowds so were patient.

Relying on references to matches & storylines from before the demographic was watching wrestling (or in many cases even born) to carry matches just means that the demographic is going to be less connected to the overall product.

The inside cradle Bret Hart style was good as was the beat down from Wardlow but it finish or should I say result of the match completely sucked. Purely from the moment the match was made you knew how it was going to end and the MJF-Punk build up is virtually a carbon copy of the Jericho angle.

I’d have thought if you suffered that many power bombs, then the ambulance would have to be called to ringside. Not actually be able to roll up and pin a guy like Wardlow.

Either way I enjoyed it because Wardlow has so much potential, he’s going to be star, whether that’s in AEW or WWE I don’t know. I’d love him to be featured more prominently going forward. I’m a lot more invested in a Wardlow v MJF feud than I am a Punk v MJF feud. Maybe because outside of his debut night, Punk hasn’t done much for me or the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back