They have plenty of talent; it's just they haven't booked to build many up. Putting so many of these guys in prominent positions above younger, home-grown talent is part of their problem. Just baffling they shoved aside so many of their own products to make way for NXT guys, when the former had beaten the latter in the ratings, and now their ratings are plummeting.Current AEW injury list:
Samoa Joe (could probably work with it but is away doing a movie)
Matt Hardy (banged up after TripleMania)
Buddy Matthews (working with a bad shoulder)
Current AEW injury list:
I just can’t wait for it to be over and they can get back to focusing on their own talent again. Outside of what should be an incredible gate in Chicago, it’s been a flop for television.
Side note, the New Japan logo just looks like a grade 4 kid has drawn and coloured it in. Looks minor league. Hate looking at it
Spent this week catching up on the last 3 weeks of AEW
- can’t believe Aussie Open jobbed to Trent last week. They should be signing Aussie Open, not jobbing them out. (Being pinned by OC made sense) I know Cobb & O-Khan are IWGP tag champs, but I would’ve preferred Aussie Open on the show, O-Khan sucks.
- I’m not thrilled by how much they’ve left up in the air. I marked out for Okada, but if it ends up a tag match I’ll be real dirty.
- Danielson seemed to be talking about someone knew. And if he’s talking up technical wrestling… it has to be Gargano doesn’t it?
- I was happy with the Hiromu announcement. It’s weird that we’ve ended up with so many AEW factions unofficially aligning with NJPW factions without them acknowledging it.
- I wouldn’t usually spend money on a Draft Kings ad, but it’s showing as only bring $25 on Fite. That’s tough to turn down.
They announced it's a four way on the show?