All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to skip Rampage because I had zero interest in watching the Japanese female Freddy Mercury in the main events, but you guys convinced me to give it a go.
Much prefer Sukara looking like a genuine badarse.

However, I thought Yuta and Hangman stole the show. Excellent modern style match between those two.
Yuta is massively improved. My only wish is that he had a more imposing physique. I'd take him as a serious main event chance in the next couple of years if he looked the part a little more. He's not big enough to get away with it like Eddie Kingston IMO.

Was going to skip Rampage because I had zero interest in watching the Japanese female Freddy Mercury in the main events, but you guys convinced me to give it a go.
Much prefer Sukara looking like a genuine badarse.

However, I thought Yuta and Hangman stole the show. Excellent modern style match between those two.
Yuta is massively improved. My only wish is that he had a more imposing physique. I'd take him as a serious main event chance in the next couple of years if he looked the part a little more. He's not big enough to get away with it like Eddie Kingston IMO.
In a way Yuta reminds me a little bit of Dean Malenko. Excellent in ring skills, just has that dour personality, he would make an excellent heel…

Hangman vs Mox (despite my feelings about Mox needing to blade less), Takeshita vs Cage, and The TNT title match my highlights for the night.

Good to see Wardlow back from injury, perhaps we'll get Joe vs Wardlow finishing their feud at Revolution next month?

Rush in the spotlight the next week, wrestling Christopher Daniels on Rampage, and then Danielson on the next Dynamite.

Other matches advertised next week.
1675313433261.png 1675313406420.png
1675313455129.png 1675313479876.png

These Hangman vs Mox matches are so good.
  • I thought they might do a time limit draw, and then you have the rubber match at the PPV.
  • The Jade vs Red Velvet (while not awesome like the crowd chanted) exceeded expectations.
  • Darby vs Joe was nuts.
  • I get the feeling that Takeshita is beating MJF next week, even if it's a distraction finish.
  • Seems kind of odd to have angles featuring 2 gauntlets and 2 eliminator matches on the same show next week.

Did I miss the explanation in regards to MJF taking part in a backstage brawl then suddenly being dressed perfectly with sunnies on carrying a briefcase full of cash 5 minutes later?

The argument that it was filmed earlier doesn't fly either because if Bryan had lost to Thatcher in storyline there wouldn't have been a need for MJF to pay Rush off.

Aside from that, another excellent, entertaining program. Great week to be a wrestling fan coming off the Rumble.

Did I miss the explanation in regards to MJF taking part in a backstage brawl then suddenly being dressed perfectly with sunnies on carrying a briefcase full of cash 5 minutes later?

The argument that it was filmed earlier doesn't fly either because if Bryan had lost to Thatcher in storyline there wouldn't have been a need for MJF to pay Rush off.

Aside from that, another excellent, entertaining program. Great week to be a wrestling fan coming off the Rumble.
Fun, but slight schmozzy show.

That Mox blade job was hilarious - but I never mind a bit of blood, so I won't complain. Hopefully someone in production got a smack.

The Thatcher match was a waste of time. The gauntlet has been disappointingly booked so far. Takeshita and Bandido were great and I quite like Rush, but Cage and Thatcher haven't added much. I would have rather seen a Miro return - or maybe he finishes with Ospreay? Or Mark Briscoe? SOMETHING with a bit of heat or interest.

I thought Darby and Joe was a lot of fun, just a great time. And Jade is incredibly impressive, though she seems to live in a parallel universe, apart from the rest of the division?

Hopefully they've given Wardlow a bit of tweak while he's away - he lost his edge, but as a performer he shows massive promise.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

39913054fac154c9ee949f2357ec2fc0.jpg

this image just appeared on my download site. :laughing:

I love AEW, but I think Tony is spending a bit too much time booking matches where it's really clear who's going to win, and too much time with talent that I don't think are going to get over.

So, I started working through the roster, to see where folks should be in the hierarchy.

I know this is dorky, but it amused me.

MEN'S WRESTLERS

MAIN EVENT
MJF
Adam Cole
Adam "Hangman" Page
Bryan Danielson
* CM Punk
Jon Moxley
Keith Lee
Kenny Omega
Malakai Black
* Will Ospreay (I know, but he's my absolute favourite)

UPPER MIDCARD
* Andrade El Idolo
Brody King (of House of Black)
Chris Jericho
* Miro
Orange Cassidy
Takeshita
Wardlow
Claudio Castagnoli
Daniel Garcia
Darby Allin
Jungle Boy
PAC
Powerhouse Hobbs
Ricky Starks
Rush
Sammy Guevara
Swerve Strickland

MIDCARD
Bandido
Buddy Matthews
Eddie Kingston
Ethan Page
Hook
Jake Hager
Kip Sabian
* Kyle O'Reilly
Lance Archer
W Morrissey
Luchasaurus
Wheeler Yuta

LOWER MIDCARD
AJ Fox
Brian Cage (w/ Prince Nana)
Nick Comoroto
Parker Boudreaux
Pres10 Vance
Scorpio Sky

UPPERCARD TAG TEAMS
The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens)
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)
Young Bucks
Lucha Bros. (Rey Fenix & Penta El Zero M)
Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin)
Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett

MIDCARD TAGTEAMS
2Point0 (Angelo Parker & Matt Menard)
Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent)
Butcher & The Blade of AFO
The Gunn Club/The Ass Boys
Tony Nese & Josh Woods (w/ Smart Mark Sterling)
Private Party (Marq Quen & Isiah Kassidy)

DARK MATCH TALENT
Angelico
Anthony Ogogo (of The Factory)
Fuego Del Sol
John Silver (of The Dark Order)
Lee Johnson (of The Factory)
Lee Moriarty (w/ Stokely Hathaway)
Matt Sydal
QT Marshall
Ryan Nemeth
Serpentico
Bear Country (Bear Boulder & Bear Bronson)
Dark Order (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)
Brian Pillman Jr. and Brock Anderson* (of Nightmare Family) (w/ Arn Anderson)

CUT
Aaron Solo (of The Factory)
Ariya Daivari (of Trustbusters)
Colt Cabana
Dustin Rhodes
Evil Uno (of Dark Order)
Jeff Hardy (of The Hardys)
Luther (of Chaos Project)
Matt Hardy
Matt Sydal
Ortiz
Santana
Shawn Dean
Slim J
Sonny Kiss
The Pretty Picture (Peter Avalon & Cezar Bononi)

Wanting anyone to lose their job is bullshit.
Settle down - the roster is too large. He can keep hiring people to do dark spots as independents. But I think the roster needs to be more focused and Tony needs to be more strategic with how he uses them.

Or just keep paying them - it's not my billions, use it however you like. But don't keep booking too many matches that aren't interesting because the result is obvious.

Settle down - the roster is too large. He can keep hiring people to do dark spots as independents. But I think the roster needs to be more focused and Tony needs to be more strategic with how he uses them.

Or just keep paying them - it's not my billions, use it however you like. But don't keep booking too many matches that aren't interesting because the result is obvious.

Its funny you say this:

I just got into AEW after Xmas, hadn't watched much wrestling in forever (Late 90s/early 00s, basically the end of WCW/ECW) but I feel I have a fairly strong grasp of the wrestling world regardless.

Now, I really enjoy watching AEW, and its not really a criticism per se', but there are A LOT of wrestlers, and coming in as someone new, I feel pretty confused as to who are the stars and who are not, unless its some kind of one-minute squash. Doesn't help that they usually open shows with a upper card or main event quality match. I haven't even seen MJF wrestle yet! Plenty of enjoyable vignettes and such, but no idea if he can put on a match!

The face/heel divide is really hard to work out too, but I'm guessing they're opting to go fairly neutral in that regard?

Anyway, just m 2c.

Its funny you say this:

I just got into AEW after Xmas, hadn't watched much wrestling in forever (Late 90s/early 00s, basically the end of WCW/ECW) but I feel I have a fairly strong grasp of the wrestling world regardless.

Now, I really enjoy watching AEW, and its not really a criticism per se', but there are A LOT of wrestlers, and coming in as someone new, I feel pretty confused as to who are the stars and who are not, unless its some kind of one-minute squash. Doesn't help that they usually open shows with a upper card or main event quality match. I haven't even seen MJF wrestle yet! Plenty of enjoyable vignettes and such, but no idea if he can put on a match!

The face/heel divide is really hard to work out too, but I'm guessing they're opting to go fairly neutral in that regard?

Anyway, just m 2c.

The dog collar match between MJF and Punk was pretty good. MJF is pretty solid in the ring, tells a decent story. His promo work is what he is more renowned for.

I tend to agree with the other poster, that the current roster is currently too bloated. Really hoping that ROH get a tv deal, and then both rosters become more balanced, then what it currently is. Also hoping that both promotions have their own PPV’s with cross promotions being less frequent.

Its funny you say this:

Anyway, just m 2c.
I love a good squash match - very happy for Powerhouse Hobbs to come in and smash some people.

I'm also happy for a few matches where it's pretty clear who's gonna win, but there's been a lot of them recently.

The dog collar match between MJF and Punk was pretty good. MJF is pretty solid in the ring, tells a decent story. His promo work is what he is more renowned for.

I tend to agree with the other poster, that the current roster is currently too bloated. Really hoping that ROH get a tv deal, and then both rosters become more balanced, then what it currently is. Also hoping that both promotions have their own PPV’s with cross promotions being less frequent.
MJF is great in the ring but the biggest problem with MJF is the storylines have been rinse and repeat this is the second or third time almost in a row of his feuds where its booked like a gauntlet style. It happened with Punk and correct me if I am wrong it happened with Wardlow to so this with Danielson will be the third time.

MJF is great in the ring but the biggest problem with MJF is the storylines have been rinse and repeat this is the second or third time almost in a row of his feuds where its booked like a gauntlet style. It happened with Punk and correct me if I am wrong it happened with Wardlow to so this with Danielson will be the third time.

Along with Jericho and Cody… so at least 5 times I can remember.

In a way I understand what the focus is. His opponent(s) are chasing him. He is not chasing the opponents.

It is more a you need to wrestle me, rather than I need to wrestle you type of situation.

Tony really needs to build someone up, where they put MJF through his paces…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back