Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Current AEW injury list:

Omega
Punk
Danielson
Cole
Samoa Joe (could probably work with it but is away doing a movie)
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy (banged up after TripleMania)
Buddy Matthews (working with a bad shoulder)
The Bunny
Leyla Hirsch
Penelope Ford
Darius Martin
Lee Johnson
Current AEW injury list:
They have plenty of talent; it's just they haven't booked to build many up. Putting so many of these guys in prominent positions above younger, home-grown talent is part of their problem. Just baffling they shoved aside so many of their own products to make way for NXT guys, when the former had beaten the latter in the ratings, and now their ratings are plummeting.

Adam Cole is not a draw, baby.

Nicho50

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
The ratings are plummeting because the general wrestling fan gives two shits about new Japan wrestlers and forbidden doors.

WWEs ratings went up and even went up in the younger category so there are younger people still watching the wrestling but just don’t think they care about these “no name “ wrestlers.

Adam Cole is fantastic he just isn’t a CM Punk , Brock or Roman and that’s unfair on him to expect him to make the ratings a slam dunk.

Keep in mind that the home grown AEW guys defeated WWEs third brand / developmental show not the main ones which again is unfair to put blame on Adam Cole for that. If you were watching Raw and SD why wouldn’t you want to chose AEWs main show over NXT?

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just can’t wait for it to be over and they can get back to focusing on their own talent again. Outside of what should be an incredible gate in Chicago, it’s been a flop for television.

Side note, the New Japan logo just looks like a grade 4 kid has drawn and coloured it in. Looks minor league. Hate looking at it

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Spent this week catching up on the last 3 weeks of AEW

- can’t believe Aussie Open jobbed to Trent last week. They should be signing Aussie Open, not jobbing them out. (Being pinned by OC made sense) I know Cobb & O-Khan are IWGP tag champs, but I would’ve preferred Aussie Open on the show, O-Khan sucks.

- I’m not thrilled by how much they’ve left up in the air. I marked out for Okada, but if it ends up a tag match I’ll be real dirty.

- Danielson seemed to be talking about someone knew. And if he’s talking up technical wrestling… it has to be Gargano doesn’t it?

- I was happy with the Hiromu announcement. It’s weird that we’ve ended up with so many AEW factions unofficially aligning with NJPW factions without them acknowledging it.

- I wouldn’t usually spend money on a Draft Kings ad, but it’s showing as only bring $25 on Fite. That’s tough to turn down.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I just can’t wait for it to be over and they can get back to focusing on their own talent again. Outside of what should be an incredible gate in Chicago, it’s been a flop for television.

Side note, the New Japan logo just looks like a grade 4 kid has drawn and coloured it in. Looks minor league. Hate looking at it

Says the WWE mark/guy who spent the last week blowing a sex criminal. Dunno why I’ve only just thought to block you, you add nothing to this board.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And if he’s talking up technical wrestling… it has to be Gargano doesn’t it?
200.gif

is my thought

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spent this week catching up on the last 3 weeks of AEW

- can’t believe Aussie Open jobbed to Trent last week. They should be signing Aussie Open, not jobbing them out. (Being pinned by OC made sense) I know Cobb & O-Khan are IWGP tag champs, but I would’ve preferred Aussie Open on the show, O-Khan sucks.

- I’m not thrilled by how much they’ve left up in the air. I marked out for Okada, but if it ends up a tag match I’ll be real dirty.

- Danielson seemed to be talking about someone knew. And if he’s talking up technical wrestling… it has to be Gargano doesn’t it?

- I was happy with the Hiromu announcement. It’s weird that we’ve ended up with so many AEW factions unofficially aligning with NJPW factions without them acknowledging it.

- I wouldn’t usually spend money on a Draft Kings ad, but it’s showing as only bring $25 on Fite. That’s tough to turn down.

I was thinking Cesaro or CSRO. As he also mentioned about being brutal as well as technical.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
They announced it's a four way on the show?

I have no idea how I missed that. I hate the match though. I’ve been following New Japan on and off for 10 years (time flies). In that time they’ve literally only had 1 multi man match for the title… maybe a 2nd on a co-promoted show when AJ was champ?

It’s just not something they do. If it’s meant to be a bit of a representation of New Japan pro wrestling, a fatal 4 way for the title doesn’t achieve that.

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Says the WWE mark/guy who spent the last week blowing a sex criminal. Dunno why I’ve only just thought to block you, you add nothing to this board.

Blowing a sexual criminal? LOL What the hell are you on about?

Go ahead and block me…Does that mean I won’t have to see your unfounded claims of sexual assaults, racism and what ever else you get a hard on for being outraged at with the other mob?

Edit: apologies to everyone else trying to discuss what they like and dislike about the AEW.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Reasonable Dynamite given the circumstances. I'm definitely looking forward to FD. Shingo and Hiromu added to tag involving Derby and Sting great but very random and late and needed better explanation and a package on the two from Japan.

Also have to say while I love Tana he looked a tad rough here. Timing usually better. 'US style' run ins also don't really suit Okada but was good to see him and great that he will be on the show.

I think some overlook how good this will be for AEW in the Japanese market and their potential growth there. Dynamite and Rampage are now shown weekly on the NJW streaming service as FD will be.

Last edited:

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thoughts on the Christian promo? Haven’t seen much made of it in here compared to other places.

I thought it was excellent. One of the highlights of the show. I know there’s many who don’t like the reference of passed fathers, but fans invest when a feud feels truly personal imo, and it doesn’t get much personal than that.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
He isnt even a repuplican, he is a libertarian.

He became a political grifter for the power, and did so by appealing to morons.

Back