All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn that was a good main event. You think AEW, and the first thing you probably think about is the young talent who’ve benefited from its existence - Page, MJF, Jungle Boy, Starks et al

I wonder if the biggest beneficiary isn’t Jericho. He went from being amazing but not one of the greats in WWE to this - he’s solidifying a GOAT legacy by elevating guy in his factions and by having awesome matches into his 50s.

That post match was pretty epic too. I didn’t see it coming, but bloody hell the next ppv looks a belter already.

My feed started with Brody King and Allin already in the crowd and King was busted open. How much did I miss? Was everyone else in the same boat?

Damn that was a good main event. You think AEW, and the first thing you probably think about is the young talent who’ve benefited from its existence - Page, MJF, Jungle Boy, Starks et al

I wonder if the biggest beneficiary isn’t Jericho. He went from being amazing but not one of the greats in WWE to this - he’s solidifying a GOAT legacy by elevating guy in his factions and by having awesome matches into his 50s.

That post match was pretty epic too. I didn’t see it coming, but bloody hell the next ppv looks a belter already.
Yeah he has been sensational , the only slight negative I have is he has been involved in to many big matches with silly gimmicks or dud finishes but everything taking into account has certainly elevated his status even further.

Meltzer who is a big AEW running with story on Tony struggling mentally at the moment because the gap between AEW and WWE has gotten has big as it’s ever been and wrestling works in weird ways AEW had all the momentum with signings and freshness but now it’s swung back with people tuning in to see what it will be like with Vince.

There was some speculation that Black Andrade and Miro are trying to get out of their contracts and go work for Hunter but I don’t see that happening as they all would have signed long term deals you would imagine.
I can see Black going back to WWE. He was utilised great in NXT.

I hate the interim title story it just seems lazy and stupid. Would have much preferred they stripped Punk of the title Mox wins the tournament Punk returns and claims he wants what was his.

You really don't think Jericho was considered one of the greats before AEW?

You really don't think Jericho was considered one of the greats before AEW?

WWE certainly didn’t think he was top tier. He was never Rock, Austin, HBK, Hogan or even a Triple H. You could argue that Bryan Danielson has a greater WWE legacy than Jericho.

I think the fact the he’s left WWE, he’s done stuff in New Japan, he’s been even greater than ECW Terry Funk and had a bigger impact, and he’s moved tickets as THE guy is almost putting him on Mount Rushmore of wrestlers who changed the business.

His huge list of WWE accomplishment suggests otherwise. This is the guy that beat the Rock and Austin in the SAME NIGHT to become Undisputed WWF Champion. You can't be the top guy for ever, but Jericho had more than his fair go at it.

1660200127680.png

And to say DB has a bigger legacy is just laughable imo.

1660200180731.png

Looking at just these accomplishments, and omitting the stupid Slammy awards, how can you say DB stands taller than CJ? Not to mention everything else jericho has done. Constantly reinventing his character. Very rarely being bad in the ring, even when he was in s**t shape physically.

WWE certainly didn’t think he was top tier. He was never Rock, Austin, HBK, Hogan or even a Triple H. You could argue that Bryan Danielson has a greater WWE legacy than Jericho.

I think the fact the he’s left WWE, he’s done stuff in New Japan, he’s been even greater than ECW Terry Funk and had a bigger impact, and he’s moved tickets as THE guy is almost putting him on Mount Rushmore of wrestlers who changed the business.
Even now with what he has done he still ain't anywhere near Austin, Hogan , Cena and Rock for that star factor, not even on the level of Roman and Brock either. Hitman and HBK didn't get the draw power like the guys above but superior in the ring and then you throw in the Undertaker, Goldberg , Sting for the presence and recognizable to even those outside of wrestling.

Jericho falls into the next tier down with the likes of Angle, Hitman, HBK etc great performers probably superior to any of names mentioned above but no where near the draw or star power factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trio.webp

presumably the Bucks & House of Black will be booked in other matches at the PPV. so then Team Andrade vs Dark Order or Best Friends in the final?

Last edited:
Even now with what he has done he still ain't anywhere near Austin, Hogan , Cena and Rock for that star factor, not even on the level of Roman and Brock either. Hitman and HBK didn't get the draw power like the guys above but superior in the ring and then you throw in the Undertaker, Goldberg , Sting for the presence and recognizable to even those outside of wrestling.

Jericho falls into the next tier down with the likes of Angle, Hitman, HBK etc great performers probably superior to any of names mentioned above but no where near the draw or star power factor.

I wouldn’t be putting Roman in that higher bracket personally. Cena, Rock, Austin and Hogan all had main stream recognition, mainly through tv or movies. With Brock and his UFC accomplishments is also well known outside of wrestling due to that. . While Roman did have a cameo in a Fast and furious spin off, the movie was more entered on the 2 leads, one of which was The Rock. I’d be classing Batista as a bigger star than Roman if your looking at main stream appeal, due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, and more recently the army of the dead. I’d even say that Angle has more appeal than Roman, due to being a real life Olympic gold medalist.

Id be putting Jericho in with the likes of Hart, HBK, Undertaker, Goldberg, Flair and the like. Just on that second tier, where most wrestling fans and lapsed viewers have such high regard for them.

trio.webp

presumably the Bucks & House of Black will be booked in other matches at the PPV. so then Team Andrade vs Dark Order or Best Friends in the final?

Osprey and Aussie open vs the bucks and Omega? It makes sense, seeing both Osprey and Kenny have been slinging crap at each other through social media for a while…

Talk about cluster*s more titles on and AEW show with the mixed AAA title match on rampage and another non regular roster member in Redbeard in a match.

It’s almost like Tony is using one of those old school wrestling simulators and just punches in names and gets random matches and goes yep that’ll do on TV.

Osprey and Aussie open vs the bucks and Omega? It makes sense, seeing both Osprey and Kenny have been slinging crap at each other through social media for a while…
Should have been the main event. I like the HOB guys individually but as a group they interest me less than Bucks & Omega v United Empire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back