All Elite Wrestling (On FITE and ESPN)

Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jaymie Hayter, Britt, Shida, Jade Cargill and Willow

Vs

Saraya, Mercedes Mone, Toni Storm, Ruby Soho and Athena

I like it.

I feel like the Originals need one more star - Willow maybe does an injury angle (sorry, but she feels a level below to me)? Have Thunder Rosa in there? Statlander? Tay Melo?

Jaymie Hayter, Britt, Shida, Jade Cargill and Willow

Vs

Saraya, Mercedes Mone, Toni Storm, Ruby Soho and Athena

I like it.

I feel like the Originals need one more star - Willow maybe does an injury angle (sorry, but she feels a level below to me)? Have Thunder Rosa in there? Statlander? Tay Melo?
Riho!

Wow. Fair effort. That's going to be a hard watch (from an emotional standpoint)

Hope they can get a tribute show organised sometime soon to help out his family.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Credit to Jay white, the emotion on his face. The reaction for Mark. This match is going to be very emotional

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Oooft. Damn. That was a lot. I remained in tact right up until the last 15 seconds. Great match, great tribute. The video before the match gave me goosebumps as well. I watched that video and thought "I wish they'd done a 'DemGirlz' fundraiser for his daughters, I might've been more comfortable wearing that" - but with everyone wearing that shirt at the end I think it's going to be synonymous, I think it'll be like that Bullet Club shirt that every wrestling fan seemed to own.

I'm glad they gave Mark that little bit at the end speaking to the camera, I could imagine TBS being a bit nervous about that.

Probably the only thing I would've changed about the whole thing? I doubt they're thinking about ROH or the titles yet. But given their history, given the tragedy of Jay's death through no fault of his own, you can't ask his family to send the belt back.

So the one thing I would've changed would've been a really nice surprise announcement at the start of the match - "Together with his brother Jay Briscoe, he is one half of the FOREVER RING OF HONOR TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS Mark Briscoe."

Come up with something else. Make your trios titles mean something. Even call your new tag titles the Jay Briscoe Memorial tag team titles. But I think you have to retire the "Ring of Honor Tag Team Championships" because the Briscoes were those titles for 20 years.

The rest of the show was great too. Darby vs Buddy was excellent - can't wait to see Buddy out here in a couple of weeks. Toni vs Ruby was a bummer in that I was looking forward to the triple threat, and it convoluted the story a bit for me. The MJF stuff didn't seem to have much point to it, you're not really adding any heat to that PPV match.

Man this sucks so much, was absolutely bawling my eyes out when that music hit, and when I saw the pictures of his family in the tribute.

The Briscoes are the GOAT tag team in ROH history. Hurts to know that we'll never see them tag again.

But I'm glad I got to see that trilogy with FTR. Would have to be up there with the best tag team trilogies ever.

1674726460335.png

Back