All In

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid show... Even the worst match (and that may actually have been the Cody vs Aldis bout) was perfectly acceptable... Overall, mostly entertaining and the 4 hours fairly much flew by.

But gee, running out of time is so 1990 WCW. And in retrospect, there were so many instances where they could have saved minutes (like excluding the entire opener). It's just a shame that we had to easily hear someone say "you need to take it home now" about 5 minutes into the main event.

Is that a typical Okada performance? He's like John Cena. Does he have a famous relative?

Overall it was pretty good but didn't live up to the hype. If this turns into an ongoing thing the production side, particularly the audio, will need to be better. If they're all going to be 4 hours long I won't bother with the preshow.

Is that a typical Okada performance? He's like John Cena. Does he have a famous relative?

Overall it was pretty good but didn't live up to the hype. If this turns into an ongoing thing the production side, particularly the audio, will need to be better. If they're all going to be 4 hours long I won't bother with the preshow.

I think if they do another one they'll stick to that 4 hour mark. I don't want to critique it too much since it was still a pretty damn good show despite being run by first timers, but they should really get the card right next time. The pre-show tag match should of been swapped with the opener (Since there was too many 1 on 1s, and the opener was bad) and they shouldn't of had the 3 most anticipated matches back to back to back.

Also I'm a massive Cody fan but his match sucked. So much time wasted with entrances and the ending. It should of been at the end considering it was the only title win.

Should see improvements at ALLIN 2 on an already monumental and fun show, which is exciting.

Also I'm a massive Cody fan but his match sucked. So much time wasted with entrances and the ending. It should of been at the end considering it was the only title win.

I suspect the Cody match was early because he and the Young Bucks were splitting directorial duties. And Nick Aldis isn't that great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, I love Marty Scurll

Was very impressed with him. Had my doubts whether he'd be able to look credible against a genuine heavyweight, but he and Okada pulled it off.

I'm probably biased, because I love Janela (and am happy that he got this chance to showcase himself to a wider audience), but I thought Hangman vs. Joey was possibly the best match on the card, along with Scurll/Okada. For those not familiar with him, it was pretty standard craziness for a Janela match, but they progressed and built up to the wild spots well, and Penelope's involvement was orchestrated perfectly too.

There was some cringey commentary and long-winded analogies used, and the small ROH ring always seems weird to me whenever I see it. It would have been cool to see more guys who are currently champions in different companies/organisations appear with their belts (eg. Kenny Omega, WWN Champion Janela, CZW World Heavyweight Champion MJF) outside of the main event, just to help promote those orgs as well, but I can understand they'd probably need approval to do so. I would have switched the six man main event with the Cody/Nick match on the line-up too (just feels odd putting the latter match on so early), but other than that, it was a good show.

Last edited:
Meltzer's ratings... He's getting very kind in his old age:

Kazarian & Scorpio Sky defeated The Briscoes in 12:33. ***3/4

Flip Gordon won a Battle Royal. ****

=

Matt Cross defeated MJF in 10:06. **3/4

Christopher Daniels defeated Stephen Amell. **3/4

Tessa Blanchard won the four-way over Britt Baker, Chelsea Green & Madison Rayne in 12:46. ***1/4

Cody defeated Nick Aldis in 22:02 to win the NWA title. ****

Hangman Page defeated Joey Janela in a Streetfight in 20:10. ****1/4

Jay Lethal defeated Flip Gordon to retain the ROH title in 14:23. ***1/2

Kenny Omega defeated Penta in 17:46. ****1/2

Kazuchika Okada defeated Marty Scurll in 26:46. ****1/4

The Young Bucks & Kota Ibushi defeated Rey Mysterio, Bandido & Fenix in 11:42. ****1/2

Penta / Omega was fantastic. Boy I hope Impact and NJPW work together again in the future. I personally think they will and we will see some exciting cross branded stuff in the future, starting with All In and the Jericho Cruise.

Watched this earlier, like his All In preview and his other non-related WWE videos - I love how he's talking about something and seems happy about it but then when he starts talking about and mentioning WWE he goes off his head. (The 4 PPV thing with WWE & the tag divisions)

Get Kind of Sick of his WWE Bashing every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back