All NBA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He will catch in some categories just due to a greater volume of games played and years. Jordan would get 50 a night with the current defensive player rules with hand checking and not to mention what is now a flagrant 1 and 2 is a complete joke.

Yeah, nah. Not even close to being 'on course'.

Lebron:

Jordan:
And that's with him taking 2 years out of the game in his absolute prime to try his hand at baseball after the murder of his father. Maybe he'll be on course for all-star appearances and finish with more NBA MVP awards. I don't care how good LeBron is, he'll always be second to Jordan. Doesn't even come close. 6 rings, 6 finals MVPs. Scoring champion AND defensive first team at the same time, 9 times. GOAT.

So this Jordan guy ... was he good?

Last edited:

Lebron:

Jordan:
And that's with him taking 2 years out of the game in his absolute prime to try his hand at baseball after the murder of his father. Maybe he'll be on course for all-star appearances and finish with more NBA MVP awards. I don't care how good LeBron is, he'll always be second to Jordan. Doesn't even come close. 6 rings, 6 finals MVPs. Scoring champion AND defensive first team at the same time, 9 times. GOAT.
yeah but lebron is a cowboys fan so * jordan....

Cavs looked very tired today and were never in front after 1/4 time and went down easily to the Warriors 103-82 Smart move by Warriors coach to take out Andrew Bogut and played Andre Iguodala in his place from the start and he shot 22 pts, and Curry only shot 22 pts but it didnt matter as the scoring was spread around.

If you didnt watch Mike and Mile on ESPN last night they had their special correspondent Stephen B. Smith preview game 4. For those who watch Stephen A. Smith on ESPN First Take program you will get a good laugh out of this

Comedian Frank Caliendo does an impression of Stephen A. Smith as "Stephen B. Smith" live from Cleveland covering Game 4 of the NBA Finals
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13057029

Lebron:

Jordan:

And these stats do not take into account that the rules were different. Certain rules that make a big big difference.
Anyone who thinks Lebron is as good, or will be as good as Jordan is an absolute spud.

Don't get me wrong, Lebron is good. Certainly one of the best in modern times.
But nobody comes close to the greatest of all, Michael Jordan.
And all these stupid little whiny kids who think otherwise need some physical discipline from their parents.

Lebron is something else as a player.

But for me what sticks out is that Chicago were able to win 6 championships with Jordan playing with two reasonably different rosters in Chicago.

James has relied on moving around to chase a roster that will help him win. The max contract being set allowed Miami to chase a bunch of free agents. Again , at end of miami's reign he has to chase champs back at Cleveland who have been collecting top draft picks while he was away , to then trade for top players to play with Lebron again.

Also , while Lebron is a super player , I really don't think he make players around him considerably better. Just as bosh and wade were no better next to Lebron then they were before love and Irving have not been since Lebron any better as players.

Lebron is something else as a player.

But for me what sticks out is that Chicago were able to win 6 championships with Jordan playing with two reasonably different rosters in Chicago.

James has relied on moving around to chase a roster that will help him win. The max contract being set allowed Miami to chase a bunch of free agents. Again , at end of miami's reign he has to chase champs back at Cleveland who have been collecting top draft picks while he was away , to then trade for top players to play with Lebron again.

Also , while Lebron is a super player , I really don't think he make players around him considerably better. Just as bosh and wade were no better next to Lebron then they were before love and Irving have not been since Lebron any better as players.

Good points.

If you compare the eras in which they both played, now and then, it's very easy to see why Jordan is the better player.
I'll just post a quick quote instead of putting it in my own words.

Since 1990, the NBA has instituted a series of rules changes to increase the offensive player's flow and make physical play costly. First came increased penalties for flagrant fouls (1990) and fighting (1993), the implementation of the "five points" rule that called for automatic suspensions of players who amassed a certain number of flagrants (1993). Hand checking was eliminated in 1994. Using the forearm to defend players facing the basket went away in 1997.

In 1999, the league eliminated contact by a defender with his hands and forearms both in the backcourt and frontcourt, except on offensive players who caught the ball below the free throw line extended. Defenses were also prohibited from "re-routing" players off the ball. This freed up perimeter players who used screens to get open. Nor were defenders able any more to grab or impede offensive players setting screens. In 2001, the defensive three-second rule eliminated defenders camping out in the lane away from their offensive man to help.

Lebron has it easy compared to what Jordan had to contend with.
And Jordan did what Lebron is doing and MORE, in a far more physical and contact oriented era. The fact Jordan still comes out on top, stats wise, is enough to end the debate on Jordan v Lebron.

i find it a bit silly jordan fans bagging lebron because jordan was better....if youre second or third or fourth whatever to jordan, youre still pretty bloody good. lebron is great of this era, by the time he finishes his record will be phenominal. lets bag every cricketer because they are not bradman..... its a bt silly.

i find it a bit silly jordan fans bagging lebron because jordan was better....if youre second or third or fourth whatever to jordan, youre still pretty bloody good. lebron is great of this era, by the time he finishes his record will be phenominal. lets bag every cricketer because they are not bradman..... its a bt silly.

nobody is saying Lebron isn't great. o_O

Welcome to LA, D'Angelo!

Lakers take Russell with the #2 pick.

Guess that means front office will be after Aldridge or Cousins.

Towns went #1 as expected and Philly took Okafor with #3.

And I'm gonna take a wild stab and say, with duds like these, Russell is a natural fit on and off the court for Tinseltown...

Screen shot 2015-06-26 at 9.31.11 AM.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to LA, D'Angelo!

Lakers take Russell with the #2 pick.

Guess that means front office will be after Aldridge or Cousins.

Towns went #1 as expected and Philly took Okafor with #3.

And I'm gonna take a wild stab and say, with duds like these, Russell is a natural fit on and off the court for Tinseltown...

View attachment 146965
Who did we pick @ 27?

Three-time MVP Moses Malone has died.

"Fo! Fo! Fo!"

His death comes not long after Darryl Dawkins passed away...

Oh how I've missed basketball.

I know it's opening night, but Detroit have been impressive. SVG seems to have them gelling pretty well.

Gordon Hayward burning my fantasy team badly. Picked him in the third round, so far he's put up two s**t games and one below average.