doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers

WELCOME Ladies, Gentlemen and Tim_saints to the 2009 All SFA Team Presentation Evening. The team will be released in playing positions in accordance to how teams are named in the SFA (none of this 4 interchange crap). In addition to the team being named, a captain and vice captain will be named.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
ALL SFA BACKLINE

The Southern Dragons, despite missing out on the ultimate glory, had one of their most successful seasons in recent history as the dominant side of the home and away season. While Zainta finished the year in emphatic style playing in the midfield, he first made his mark as a *forward* and due to team balance it is on the *forward flank* that he is selected. Zainta joins a prestigious list of players to be selected in the All SFA Team in their first season.
Relevant Statistics: 19 games, 146 kicks, 51 marks, 110 handballs, 37 tackles, 29 goals.

The Mount Buller Demons struggled on field all season, however, the story could have been far worse if it wasn’t for their rock in defence: Cooney. Statistics are hard to give for the full back position, however, there is no doubt conceding anything under 4 goals per game should be considered a good effort considering how frequently the ball was coming in to the Demons defensive 50. Cooney largely gets his position as well on the back of his off field posting, one of the only key defensive players to remain highly active through the entirety of the season.
Relevant Statistics: 19 games, 3.3 goals conceded per game (avg) where both FB and FF stayed in position.

A last minute addition to the All SFA Side, Hawks1523 was almost left out after a rather poor finish to the season. He bolted out of the blocks with the East Side Hawks, however, possibly due to injury he only completed 2 of the last 7 games in his starting position and as a consequence his statistics dropped to just below an average of 20 possessions per game. His long, effective kicking and solid overhead marking make him well suited to a defensive post as the man trusted on most occasions to clear the ball from the defensive zone.
Relevant Statistics: 21 games, 217 kicks, 106 marks, 181 handballs.

ALL SFA TEAM
Zainta (SHA)** – Cooney (MBD) – Hawks1523 (ESH)

*** admin error, Zainta actually selected on HFF, BP position is Tim_saints (SHA).

Zainta

Club Legend
EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star
Sep 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal and Shagons!
Thanks for putting me in the team...but I didn't spend 1 game anywhere near the defence. I started as a Forward Pocket, moved to a Half-Forward Flank then finished in the midfield. But hell, just making the team is great!

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
ALL SFA HALF-BACK LINE

The Demons captains were in fine form this season in the midfield despite the fact that the team they took charge of got beaten week in, week out. Tiger Glory and EBIAC are the two half-back-flanks in the 2009 All SFA Team. While they took their opposition on running forward, combining for 47 goals (20 for TG, 27 for EBIAC), it was their defensive pressure which stood out. Playing from rover and ruck-rover, the two Demons stars lead the competition in tackles to the half way point of the season and didn’t drop off at all. The two were not standouts in the handball department, however when it came to kicking, Tiger Glory and EBIAC regularly lead the competition and were sitting 2nd and 3rd in this department when official stat taking stopped after round 13. While it was tempting to play both in the midfield or on the forward flanks, ultimately due to team balance and their dominance in the tackles category it was decided to play them off the back flanks.
Relevant Statistics (TG) – 256 kicks, 208 handballs, 130 tackles, 20 goals.
Relevant Statistics (EBIAC) – 243 kicks, 204 handballs, 127 tackles, 27 goals.

League admin Doggiesin08 is listed in the centre half back position despite having not played there all season. Doggies has played his career as a swingman playing in the ruck, on the wing or in the full back position (as was the case for much of the Bombers premiership season). It is Doggiesin08’s experience in a key defensive position, combined with the fact that he had to play somewhere as admin:D and that no other key defenders really seemed to demand a position in the team, which earns him his position along the spine of the All SFA Team for the second consecutive season.
Relevant Statistics (Doggiesin08) – Can’t be bothered looking my own stats up and the probably won’t flatter me either.

ALL SFA TEAM 2009
Zainta (SHA) – Cooney (MBD) – Hawks1523 (ESH)
Tiger Glory (MBD) – Doggiesin08 (BB) – EBIAC (MBD)

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Thanks for putting me in the team...but I didn't spend 1 game anywhere near the defence. I started as a Forward Pocket, moved to a Half-Forward Flank then finished in the midfield. But hell, just making the team is great!
Yes, I may have mixed up the positions of 2 Shagons young stars (guess who just found out they're getting a spot:D). You'll end up on a HFF mate, sorry for the mix up.

Zainta

Club Legend
EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star
Sep 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal and Shagons!
Thanks, I must admit I guessed that's what happened.

Great job so far. TG and EBIAC on the flanks is great, but our biggest success story for mine is cooney. Kudos to the selectors who looked past the propoganda to see that cooney has had a massive impact this year. Top job COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN :thumbsu:

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
[FONT=&quot]ALL SFA CENTRE LINE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The East Side Hawks started slowly to the season before getting a role on later in the season. Gilbert_Hodge was one of few players who performed consistently across both periods and reaffirmed his status as one of the best wingmen in the game. GH’s ability to use the footy especially be hand, was a highlight of his game. GH’s ability to win the hardball in close was a feature of his game when the Hawks were struggling, gathering double figure handballs in 9 of the first 11 matches (finished the season with 14 games in this category), before starting to use the ball more by foot later in the season when other players stepped up and were able to feed the ball out to him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Relevant Statistics: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]21 games, 200 kicks, 105 marks, 216 handballs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The centreman position in the All SFA Team is a very dubious decision when based on statistics, however, you don’t earn the reputation of the best midfielder in the premiership team without being half decent, and a player of this stature certainly warrants selection in a prime position. PHX started the season in stunning form before what can only be described as a horrible finish. Affected by perhaps injury, PHX moved himself out of his usual position either before the match or was quickly rotated during the match. Winning less than 10 disposals on average in the last 2 months ruined his figures, however, through this time PHXs posting remain very strong and he still managed to lead his team to a double chance finish.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Relevant Statistics: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]21 games, 195 kicks, 161 handballs, 82 tackles, 19 goals.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You didn’t have to be a genius to work out who was going to be named on this wing. As captain of the most successful team in the home and away season, Ljp86 starred and ultimately won himself an unprecedented 2nd Mobbenfuhrer Medal. Ljp’s overhead marking and clean ball use were a highlight of his stunning season as he again mastered the position he has called his own for over 3 seasons. Ljp’s leadership ability to get his team back to a posting and on-field force after what looked to be troubled times only over a season ago must also be commended and is a reason he is in with a shot for the All SFA Team captaincy later in the night.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Relevant Statistics: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]21 games, 183 kicks, 107 marks, 207 handablls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
ALL SFA TEAM 2009[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]_____________ – Cooney (MBD) – Hawks1523 (ESH)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Tiger Glory (MBD) – Doggiesin08 (BB) – EBIAC (MBD)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Gilbert_Hodge (ESH) – PHX (FUR) – Ljp86 (SHA)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
All SFA Half Forward Line

**** BACK POCKET ****
The selection committee has realised it's mistake and has moved Zainta from the back pocket to the half-forward-flank after an unfortunate mix up of names. The back pocket position is in fact Tim Saint's who like Zainta joins an exclusive club of players to make the All SFA Team in their first season of football. Tim_saints started in defence for the Shagons before a late season, and successful, move to the midfield. Tim Saints has often posted crap according to some, however, his participation in the league has been top quality and his improved posting (even if I am a little biased:D) is certainly waranting of an All SFA position.
Relevant Statistics: 19 games, 148 kicks, 50 marks, 137 handballs, 33 tackles. *** Zainta's statistics have been edited also.

The Centre Half Forward position was a hard one to choose with many full forwards demanding a key forward position, while there was also the option to use the CHF position for a 2nd ruck or versatile midfielder. In the end Efl_represent was chosen, fitting all of the above at different stages in the season. Starting the season in the ruck Efl was solid but not as league dominating as his off field posting. He then moved to a centre-line position before a late season move to full forward, a position he jumped at during Hawk Patrol's absence. While Efl's season was solid his selection in the team is just as much a reward for his off-field contributions to both the league and his club, where he has without doubt been one of the seasons strongest posters.
Relevant Statistics: similar to myself in the his statistics aren't a true representation of his final positon. Finished with 29 goals for the season which included an average of 3.6 per week during his time at full forward (better than that of the leading goalkickers).

The other half forward flank position is taken by East Side Hawks hardman Biggie/Big Man. Biggie had a down year by his own standards, however he still shocked me when calculating his season statistics. It was well noted early in the season that Biggie was seemingly moved out of position by the sim every second week and the drastic impact this was having on his teams performances. However in the second half of the season this problem went away and the Hawks began to dominate. Biggie's pressure around the ball was again first class, however, he is chosen in a forward position due to his love to kick the ball and his large number of goals for a midfielder (kicked 4 goals on 3 occassions).
Relevant Statistics: 21 games, 242 kicks, 183 handballs, 104 tackles, 32 goals.

All SFA Team 2009
Tim_saints (SHA) - Cooney (MBD) - Hawks1523 (ESH)
Tiger Glory (MBD) - Doggiesin08 (BB) - EBIAC (MBD)
Gilbert_Hodge (ESH) - PHX (FF) - Ljp86 (SHA)
Zainta (SHA) - Efl_represent (BB) - Biggie (ESH)

Back