All-Star Mile 2021 - Vote 1 The Harrovian - no Dominion Servers allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I must admit it surprised me somewhat for the vast majority of people to simply assume AQ runs past Probabeel next start. I didn't get that feeling watching the race and unless it was a very poor rating race I'd struggle to come that conclusion even now. It's not as if Probabeel is a inferior horse either those Cox Plate SPs hold in my memory.

You will disagree but I think the camel just about only one that could beat them on merit if he takes a step first up as a true 4yo. The rest hoping for others to go poorly or bias.
I would be surprised if the Camel could beat them unless the rain came but could truckload the trifecta still and feel very confident.

Behemoth next in the betting is only going to get beat further over a mile

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Probabeel just wins. Genuine miler who has everything covered comfortably that isnt called Arcadia Queen and no reason to suggest she will reverse the Futurity result just because it's 200m further. AQ will fill the quinella spot but at the Valley where Prob has the tactical speed to settle in front of her i can't see her running down the NZer
Seems a likely outcome especially at the Valley (Flemington different story) but you could have said the same re: AQ and the Camel underwood into Caulfield Stakes in the Spring. The Queen is the better horse and is very versatile so would not be shocked if she turned the tables and given her insane SP profile and the fact she is hammered in betting every start no surprise she currently holds the line against Prob (who everyone should be on antepost anyway after the first up win).

Remove this Banner Ad