All the best Cheney

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
A few comments on the list changes page, but I reckon Cheney deserves his own page recognising and sending him off. A reliable defender that I thought was that quarterback that was composed and solid when he was up and about. Great overhead, decent speed and the guy I always wanted to have the ball passed to when the defence was on edge.

Will always remember the job he did on Danger a couple of seasons back when the Vic commentators salivated that Danger would destroy us. Fetta shut him down and outmarked him all night.

Best of luck to the fella, got the utmost out of his AFL time.

I reckon Cheney’s a victim of list management more so than a lack of talent. His best is good enough for AFL, though a few factors that make him liable to be cut this year:
- competition for spots (Smith returning next year, Milera gaining form, Kelly still has potential upside)
- Superdraft year and lots of local talent

Hope he gets given another chance somewhere else. Good luck to him!

Really hoping we re-draft him, even as a rookie potentially, or else our depth of medium defenders who can ACTUALLY defend is looking a bit grim. Was always handy because he could play on medium to small, and loose also. Definitely deserves another shot.

He's a far better player than Kelly. If Kelly wasn't contracted I think Cheney would've stayed on the list.
From memory, Kelly is supposed to have excellent fitness, so he has the potential to play midfield roles eg. wing/tagger.
Also, Kelly is still only 23. Players can still improve at this age, which I’m hopeful to see next year.

From memory, Kelly is supposed to have excellent fitness, so he has the potential to play midfield roles eg. wing/tagger.
Also, Kelly is still only 23. Players can still improve at this age, which I’m hopeful to see next year.

Never say that again. Kelly is a utterly useless wing option.

Wingers, or outside midfielders in general need to be quick, can accumulate and have damn fine skills. Otherwise you're wasting your time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Cheney’s a victim of list management more so than a lack of talent. His best is good enough for AFL, though a few factors that make him liable to be cut this year:
- competition for spots (Smith returning next year, Milera gaining form, Kelly still has potential upside)
- Superdraft year and lots of local talent
- Lack of durability the last 2 seasons
Hope he gets given another chance somewhere else. Good luck to him!

FIFY

Rookie spot I hope

Won't be saying farewell till the fat lady sings

Surely they'll redraft him
After all , we kept Otten !
Good player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back