footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I know it's been a sh1tty year (or two) for many of us for various reasons, primarily due to the pandemic. And I think (know!) a lot of that angst has translated to some of the discussions on here. But at the end of the day, we're all Bulldogs through and through, so I just want to wish everyone on here the best for the festive season, however you celebrate it. I hope you and your families/friends/loved ones can spend some quality time together, regardless of external circumstances.

And let's hope 2022 is the year of the Dog, across all our teams! Woof, woof, woof! :bulldogs::largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:

I know it's been a sh1tty year (or two) for many of us for various reasons, primarily due to the pandemic. And I think (know!) a lot of that angst has translated to some of the discussions on here. But at the end of the day, we're all Bulldogs through and through, so I just want to wish everyone on here the best for the festive season, however you celebrate it. I hope you and your families/friends/loved ones can spend some quality time together, regardless of external circumstances.

And let's hope 2022 is the year of the Dog, across all our teams! Woof, woof, woof! :bulldogs::largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:
Good on you footscray1973, Happy Christmas to you and all our Bulldogs family on here.
Looking at your profile pic there is one thing that stood out for me from Wheel's time as coach - we had been going fairly ordinary before he took over as usual, and in his first year [I think] at one stage won 6 or 7 in a row. He was asked about it in an interview and said he told the players there was no reason they couldn't win a good number of matches on end or something like that. It was a bit like in 2016 where Bev got the players to believe in themselves and play to the best of their abilities. :rainbow:

Good on you footscray1973, Happy Christmas to you and all our Bulldogs family on here.
Looking at your profile pic there is one thing that stood out for me from Wheel's time as coach - we had been going fairly ordinary before he took over as usual, and in his first year [I think] at one stage won 6 or 7 in a row. He was asked about it in an interview and said he told the players there was no reason they couldn't win a good number of matches on end or something like that. It was a bit like in 2016 where Bev got the players to believe in themselves and play to the best of their abilities. :rainbow:
Good man wheels who got the most out of the team 90-92. He was overjoyed with the flag win. Still passing on his knowledge now to juniors. Merry Xmas everyone.

To all the Doggies Family, all the very best for the festive season, have a great 2022 and look forward to our 2022 season.
Cheers
Stephen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christmas tradition is now watching either the '16 Prelim or GF after lunch. (for me anyway... And possibly now the 5 yo. Definitely not the Melbourne Membered MrsChristo... 😭)

(I tried to add last year's Brisbane win to the rotation last night, but it's just not the same. 😔)

Have a great, healthy and safe day all.
I'll be roaring "BONT! " and "JAKEY!" real soon. 🍻😎

Merry Christmas doggies - after a day at the in-laws and dealing with the kids I’m about to top up my mild beer/wine drunk with some decent bourbon. Was going to watch a new Netflix movie but have had some inspiration from some on here and might chuck on the 2016 PF.

Have a safe and happy holidays, here’s to being back at the footy in the new year.

Merry Christmas all,

Hope 2022 finishes off what wasnt achieved this year! Have a happy new year and see you ready for footy next year

Go Dogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back