Game Day All things 2020 GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong by 3 goals, would rather see Richmond than give fat bum Hawkins another flag.

Gary Ablett, turns back time and plays the game of his life.

Will be remembered as a game of water polo not football.

Could well be a GF for the ages. 2 very good sides, awesome midfields, big power forwards, and first of many night GF’s.
People complaining about the sides or the season are just pissed we’re not there.

-Cats, 10 points
-Hawkins
-Danger concussed in first 10 mins and doesn’t remember any thing about the game

Not sure about game for the ages but agree with your sentiment re 2020.

It's nothing to do with Covid we're just shitty because we have been a complete non factor for this millennia.

Richmond are one of the fittest and most disciplined teams at closing space and exploiting ground balls in history.

Geelong's ability to keep the ball moving at pace and hit passes to allow fast attacks is phenomenal plus they have quick thinking players on all lines. They've retained their 00s ability to free the arms while being tackled and how can you not appreciate Hawkins' old school powerful approach?

Every single last poster on here would've had their webcams on and beat it raw TAO style if we'd won this year and been able to recite 1000 reasons why it was still a credible flag had it been us.

Richmond by 1
K. Lambert
Dangerfield kicks it out on the full after the siren from 40 metres out. Ablett was all alone in the pocket screaming for it. Hawkins tears are taken to the lab and are found to be 70% effective as a corona vaccine. We get a first rounder for Higgins.

If there is an electrical storm do players come off like Golf?

Like I mean North Melbourne players would be expected to play (Cairns...?) but wat about the rest of the league?

They do. It happened in a final between Sydney and the Eagles in 2004, and it happened in a GWS/Swans game a few years ago. The game can stop for up to an hour, and they can't start until half an hour after the final thunderclap. If they can't restart and it isn't half time, they come back next week and start again. If it's after half-time, they play the remainder of the game some other time.

Would sum up 2020 perfectly if it happened tonight.

Last edited:
This will be two years in a row I haven't watched the granny. It's still light at 6:30, I'll be in the backyard kicking the footy with the kids, and enjoying that a lot more.

What I do expect though is that the game will be a low scoring slog (would expect the same even without the rain), but the AFL will still no doubt declare the night grand final a 'raging success' and vindication for having all future granny's played at night.

I hope that never happens.

Obligatory "No interest in watching despite posting in thread post"

Hopefully all in Sunbury are pelted with hailstones.

With Snake, Magnolias > Slippery throwing cheating douche fest.

In any event, go Storm.

And our boy Robert Whittaker tomorrow as well (Val Keating)

Last edited:
If there is an electrical storm do players come off like Golf? ... Like I mean North Melbourne players would be expected to play (Cairns...?) but wat about the rest of the league?

Bingo... And if that Cairns game was played in fair weather, BBB would have kicked a few, won the Coleman and therefore netted us another top 10 pick in this trade period (presuming Gil allows the trade period to go ahead).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha sucked in Gil and your Ivory tower mates, you wanted to push ya Qld agenda to the point the GF was gifted to Brisbane, but not only did they get knocked out early but the GF is going to be played in a Monsoon..

28 degrees and absolutely magnificent weather in Perth, we could’ve seen some crisp, clean footy but alas the Karma Bus strikes again!!

1603520242892.png
Perplexed as to why they hosted it in Brisbane. Optus Stadium is more modern and has the capacity for a loud crowd. Not to mention the weather is far better in WA than it is in QLD. The dry conditions in WA mean we actually see some good footy. Tonight will confirm we are just gonna see a slugfest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back