Game Day All things 2020 GF

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Richmond by 34

2. Dusty, not because he was the BOG but because the voters are media sychophants who love a good story.

3. Dangerfield's tears after the sirens.

Kudos for the prediction. But so, so wrong with the Dusty rationale. An absolute out and out match winner who doesn’t need a sycophant in the world. Good call on Danger, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Haha you are the only person who thinks Short was even close to Martin.

I reckon Short was the best player over the four quarters. But Dusty's impact was undeniable - his first goal gave them hope and then next two basically killed Geelong. Not to mention the first half of the third quarter when he was in everything.

I have no issue with the Norm Smith going to the guy who has the most impact on the result so it couldn't really be anyone else.

Bolton also huge in the second half.

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On a brighter note, I rewatched the ‘99 GF earlier.

Some observations:

- Capuano had a blinding first quarter. Possibly career best.
- Byron Pickett was absolutely amazing and would be one of the most valuable players in the league if he was playing now.
- McKernan was a better forward than any of the big boys going around in 2020 and it wasn’t even his best position.
- Peter Bell was a bees dick off finishing with 31 and 5 snags. Bonkers.
- Duck’s stint on the ball in the 3rd stopped Carlton in their tracks and he could have had an elite career as a mid.
- I miss the sight of Kingy taking an immediate bounce, tucking it under one wing and steaming off half back so very much.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kudos for the prediction. But so, so wrong with the Dusty rationale. An absolute out and out match winner who doesn’t need a sycophant in the world. Good call on Danger, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the Dusty thing was just a bit of fun, tongue in cheek. Absolue gun, stands up in the big moments unlike Paddy.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 993814
Perplexed as to why they hosted it in Brisbane. Optus Stadium is more modern and has the capacity for a loud crowd. Not to mention the weather is far better in WA than it is in QLD. The dry conditions in WA mean we actually see some good footy. Tonight will confirm we are just gonna see a slugfest.
And a bigger crowd, just saying! Gil you twot,!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I die after round 11 2016 and this is an alternate dimension?

Tell me honestly.

We'd flattened Richmond in a final the year before then pounded them mercilessly perched clear on top of the ladder that week.

What the **** happened to the universe after that?
This is all simulation.
In the AFL era this team being heralded as a dynasty and as all things great has a 70% losing record against us. 70 ******* percent.

To expand on that, if you went and watched North play Richmond each time since 1990 you would have attended 45 games in that period.
You would have walked away 31 times as a victor.

This is the team that is atop the league that we have bullied for decades. What the * happened?

This is all simulation.
In the AFL era this team being heralded as a dynasty and as all things great has a 70% losing record against us. 70 ******* percent.

To expand on that, if you went and watched North play Richmond each time since 1990 you would have attended 45 games in that period.
You would have walked away 31 times as a victor.

This is the team that is atop the league that we have bullied for decades. What the fu** happened?

vortex. we got stuck in a vortex. we laughed at them when they were drafting deledio, tambling, cotchin, martin, riewoldt and whoever the * else. and they steadily rose and now we're not laughing.

It's our turn to be laughed at and rebuild. we need to do it the right way. get the very best people in at every level.

Could well be a GF for the ages. 2 very good sides, awesome midfields, big power forwards, and first of many night GF’s.
People complaining about the sides or the season are just pissed we’re not there.

-Cats, 10 points
-Hawkins
-Danger concussed in first 10 mins and doesn’t remember any thing about the game
Close.

It was a good game too.

Night game tho ... I dunno about any more. The ball seemed like a cake of soap at times.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
On a brighter note, I rewatched the ‘99 GF earlier.

Some observations:

- Capuano had a blinding first quarter. Possibly career best.
- Byron Pickett was absolutely amazing and would be one of the most valuable players in the league if he was playing now.
- McKernan was a better forward than any of the big boys going around in 2020 and it wasn’t even his best position.
- Peter Bell was a bees dick off finishing with 31 and 5 snags. Bonkers.
- Duck’s stint on the ball in the 3rd stopped Carlton in their tracks and he could have had an elite career as a mid.
- I miss the sight of Kingy taking an immediate bounce, tucking it under one wing and steaming off half back so very much.
I’m in the Bell camp for that Norm.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
This is the team that is atop the league that we have bullied for decades. What the fu** happened?

They realised things weren't working within their culture. Hardwick was humble enough to realise he needed to delegate, they got better coaches in and the players were honest with themselves, particularly guys like Riewoldt and Cotchin. They head-hunted and got Balme. They got rid of Deledio, a club champ but not someone that was going to lead a culture change.

We gave Brad the keys to the joint and rolled out basically the same coaches year after year, thinking that throwing cash at a few big names would be the answer.

Last edited:

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m in the Bell camp for that Norm.

Having only 1 or 2 disposals in the first quarter, cost Belly. Shagga dominated when the real heat was on, in the first half. That's not to say that Belly didn't hit back hard, after quarter time. He blitzed it. F**k me dead, I'm overcome with memories....what is this?!

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Having only 1 or 2 disposals in the first quarter, cost Belly. Shagga dominated when the real heat was on, in the first half. That's not to say that Belly didn't hit back hard, after quarter time. He blitzed it. F**k me dead, I'm overcome with memories....what is this?!

Melancholia > old age > welcome.

Grumpy thread ➡️

Back