List Mgmt. All things Ben Jarman father-son (nominated by...err...nobody)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still am.

images

I like what you did with the extension - but your roof looks like it has a comb-over.:D

Ben Jarman doesn't really fill a need for Hawthorn given our small forward stocks are already packed.

I'd rather the club take a young key forward or key defender with pick 88.
Most key position players taken so late in the draft don't make it
More chance a small makes it at such a late pick

Most key position players taken so late in the draft don't make it
More chance a small makes it at such a late pick

I'd rather they fill the deficiencies on our list first, then if Jarman is still available then draft him.

Who knows, but in my view you can never have enough small forwards as they are critical for winning games.
When poppy and cry retire and the potential of bruest leaving during f/a it does cut our depth short.
Small fwds can also generally play some midfield as-well so I'm all for it.

Yeah, although I don't think pick 88 will fill a deficiency on our list somehow, which is why we topped up with Henderson

Exactly picks 88 and 90 is just an early start to the Rookie draft. Although in recent times we got Brand and Poppy with pick 66 and Duryea with 69 getting anyone decent with late picks is Hail Mary territory.

Ben Jarman doesn't really fill a need for Hawthorn given our small forward stocks are already packed.

I'd rather the club take a young key forward or key defender with pick 88.
But can we risk waiting until pick 90 to pick him up?? :huh: Sleepless nights coming up yet again this year as I try to contain the excitement of who our first pick in the ND is gonna be.

But can we risk waiting until pick 90 to pick him up?? :huh: Sleepless nights coming up yet again this year as I try to contain the excitement of who our first pick in the ND is gonna be.
Pick 88 is now pick 81, I don't expect another club to us pick 82 so our 90 becomes 82. Still father son and academies will push us up to 78 and a couple of clubs finishing the draft amd we will likely end up with pick in the early 70's. Gold Coast will be done drafting by pick 30 so their later picks will be a pass.

Pick 88 is now pick 81, I don't expect another club to us pick 82 so our 90 becomes 82. Still father son and academies will push us up to 78 and a couple of clubs finishing the draft amd we will likely end up with pick in the early 70's. Gold Coast will be done drafting by pick 30 so their later picks will be a pass.
I 'm hoping that the picks continually whittle down and we end up with pick 8. Hey, it's no pick 4, but we really can't expect too much from a starting possie of 88. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I 'm hoping that the picks continually whittle down and we end up with pick 8. Hey, it's no pick 4, but we really can't expect too much from a starting possie of 88. :p
Gold Coast don't have a pick between 10 & 72. Not expecting Brisbane to use both Pick 75 & 76 considering they have Picks 3, 16, 21 & 22

Pretend it was JOM and next years first TOM...not that bad I'd say, sweet dreams

Didn't
Lake go very late in the draft ?

Yep pick 71.

Also Gibbo was a rookie.

It can happen but I think we'll just take whoever we rate the best player.

As others have said we essentially have the first 2 picks in the rookie draft so it's a long shot either way.

I would be searching the sanfl wafl and everywhere around Australia for a mature big that can play backline.

Brand and Schoey worry the heck out of me and if they both are out of form and at box hill or dare I say it injured we are in big strife with Chip Stratts and Gibbo trying to stop the monsters.

I would be searching the sanfl wafl and everywhere around Australia for a mature big that can play backline.

Brand and Schoey worry the heck out of me and if they both are out of form and at box hill or dare I say it injured we are in big strife with Chip Stratts and Gibbo trying to stop the monsters.
If they are mature and still playing sanfl/wafl then they ain't stopping AFL monsters

I don't understand the worry on Brand. He's played 11 games to date and from what I saw, he showed quite a bit in his first year in the seniors. Bit tough judging a key back on 11 games.

I don't understand the worry on Brand. He's played 11 games to date and from what I saw, he showed quite a bit in his first year in the seniors. Bit tough judging a key back on 11 games.

Brand takes one of the better overhead marks of our defenders I felt from watching his games this year. Get him some more confidence and exposure to senior footy and I think he will come along nicely. Granted he's not as bulky as Brian, but he has a couple of centimeters on him. I am really confident he can become something good for us.

If Brand can improve his core and lower body strength so he can't be bodies out as easily and improve his focus on field he's going to be a handy defender, he reads the ball in the air well, has a good reach and is decent overhead.

If Brand can improve his core and lower body strength so he can't be bodies out as easily and improve his focus on field he's going to be a handy defender, he reads the ball in the air well, has a good reach and is decent overhead.
This is what is perplexing for me. The delay in re-signing had me thinking that if another club came along and offered more we could have lost him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back