Universal Love All things Collingwood - Vintage Photos and Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZAC Day 1984 (vs Carlton)

cloke_carlton.png

Loved the Ron Todd photos. Here is some playing footage of him:

The great Ron Todd slams through a goal.
View attachment 857037

He flies for a mark v St Kilda. What a leap!
View attachment 857038

Big contested mark in 1939 Grand Final with Des Fothergill waiting for crumbs
View attachment 857039

Another spekkie. This time at Vic Park.
View attachment 857040

And yet another v Geelong
View attachment 857041

What a grab! Todd at his finest.
View attachment 857042

My post from when I first saw the photo....

modern everything now society might be accused of having no appreciation for photography and the image it can bring, compared to video which is at everyones disposal. BUT modern society allows this powerful image to be shared on the evening it means so much.

award winning IMO.

The image is the pieces of black tape on the wall before the final after jmacs passing in 2012.

I cannot find it. I know someone has it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANZAC Day 1984 (vs Carlton)

cloke_carlton.png

I remember pretty clearly listening to the end of that game on the radio. Upstairs in a bedroom at my parents’ house lying in the foetal position as Ralph lined up to take his shot. Overcome with joy when he missed. A lot of scar tissue with the Blues so it was a good day.

I remember pretty clearly listening to the end of that game on the radio. Upstairs in a bedroom at my parents’ house lying in the foetal position as Ralph lined up to take his shot. Overcome with joy when he missed. A lot of scar tissue with the Blues so it was a good day.

The Ump was lucky the Carlton Player Missed

The Ump was lucky the Carlton Player Missed

Yep a little soft given the moment in the game. Have to admit though the tap from Madden to Maylin was a beauty.

Ralph was the next big thing at the time - he kicked 35 goals in the first 7 rounds of that season. Didn’t end up fulfilling his promise though. Won $880,000 in the lottery a few years later. Prick. 😏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back