Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Wet markets open again in China. ( includes dogs according to Planet America Fireside chat last nite.. :( :'(:mad:

For those on daylight saving ... :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

92363391_2823419201080435_461929990452150272_n.jpg

Time for the AFL to sell Marvel Stadium and return the funds back to the AFL clubs.
Redevelop Princes Park and Waverley to accomodate 45k crowds and each Vic club regions.
Play all interstate sides at 2 suburban grounds, including Geelong and Western Bulldogs at Skilled Stadium.
:cool::D

Time for the AFL to sell Marvel Stadium and return the funds back to the AFL clubs.
Redevelop Princes Park and Waverley to accomodate 45k crowds and each Vic club regions.
Play all interstate sides at 2 suburban grounds, including Geelong and Western Bulldogs at Skilled Stadium.
:cool::D
The worst time to sell commercial assets is during a depression....Maybe in 5 years time of the worlds recovered. The listed REIT market is down 40% since 1 March

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t want to bring a dampener, as it’s a bloody good no. but unfortunately the numbers are about to ‘get ugly’ and back the other way, when some of the latest confirmations come in. Take care everyone - seriously.
Ok Surrey, obviously that’s why the powers to be are still talking about stage 4 restriction then.

Don’t want to bring a dampener, as it’s a bloody good no. but unfortunately the numbers are about to ‘get ugly’ and back the other way, when some of the latest confirmations come in. Take care everyone - seriously.

Is that you ScoMo.

So proud of Daniel Andrews, feel very comfortable with him in charge as Victorian.

No Politician is perfect/flawless, but Dan's leadership qualities have really shined through this time of crisis and panic.

I have seen dyed in the wool Lib Party/Tory friends and acquaintances and posters on Facebook sing his praises as well with regards to how he is managing Victoria throughout the crisis.

We are lucky to have him :)

So proud of Daniel Andrews, feel very comfortable with him in charge as Victorian.

No Politician is perfect/flawless, but Dan's leadership qualities have really shined through this time of crisis and panic.

I have seen dyed in the wool Lib Party/Tory friends and acquaintances and posters on Facebook sing his praises as well with regards to how he is managing Victoria throughout the crisis.

We are lucky to have him :)

Not this idiot who happens to be the Director of Policy at the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) :rolleyes:

Based on what?
Based on the fact that many of those yesterday are still in icu beds and using ventilators which there are limited resources in. So todays and tomorrows numbers will also need those resources. Once those resources are at capacity health care workers start having to decide who lives and who dies which is happening now in many countries. To slow the curve is to try and have the same resources save more people over a longer period of time. We're in for the long haul because it saves more lives

It was disappointing/scary to see 100 staff from the Alfred hospital in Melbourne, placed in to lockdown due to a cluster of deaths at the hospital and 1o confirmed staff contracting the virus.

I can only imagine the stress that these people put themselves through, for the good of the community. All of the people who work in places where they are put at risk everyday are fantastic, hopefully they are well stocked with whatever they need to work safely.

On a side note, i was assigned a job at the Alfred on 26/3, on entering and exiting the building, we used two seperate points, both had 2 sanitiser bottles, on both occasions, both bottles were either broken or empty, hopefully it was fixed shortly after. That day there was 3 corona related deaths. Although we didn't think anything of it at the time, after the 3 deaths that day, we put a halt to all non emergency works, at all of the hospitals in our zone.

It was disappointing/scary to see 100 staff from the Alfred hospital in Melbourne, placed in to lockdown due to a cluster of deaths at the hospital and 1o confirmed staff contracting the virus.

I can only imagine the stress that these people put themselves through, for the good of the community. All of the people who work in places where they are put at risk everyday are fantastic, hopefully they are well stocked with whatever they need to work safely.

On a side note, i was assigned a job at the Alfred on 26/3, on entering and exiting the building, we used two seperate points, both had 2 sanitiser bottles, on both occasions, both bottles were either broken or empty, hopefully it was fixed shortly after. That day there was 3 corona related deaths. Although we didn't think anything of it at the time, after the 3 deaths that day, we put a halt to all non emergency works, at all of the hospitals in our zone.
Box Hill halted all non emergency as well. After 6 staff tested positive they now screen all staff entering with a temp check, but stupidly that meant about 100 health workers all queed up without distancing waiting to get in to start morning shifts.

Based on the fact that many of those yesterday are still in icu beds and using ventilators which there are limited resources in. So todays and tomorrows numbers will also need those resources. Once those resources are at capacity health care workers start having to decide who lives and who dies which is happening now in many countries. To slow the curve is to try and have the same resources save more people over a longer period of time. We're in for the long haul because it saves more lives

there are 80 people in ICU according to the current numbers and our percentage of daily increase is coming down... that may change of course but I’d rather be in our position than the US or Europe.

If we get a peak In a few weeks time which is 6 weeks from when we started taking this seriously (that’s what the new modelling suggests) doesn’t that mean that in another 6 weeks it should be almost over?? If the peak is 6 weeks from the start doesn’t that mean it’s the same on the way down? Apologies I’m no expert on these matters but the graphs they keep showing with the peaks and troughs look pretty symmetrical to my eyes. It’s all very confusing and the longer we go the more livelihoods are lost as well ... we are on the way to a depression here, the economic fallout is affecting every sector bar the supermarkets. I’m down to 3 days a week in my role as with limited activity in the world there’s not much to do, most businesses big and small rely on people being active participants in society, if this goes for 6 months most businesses will be lucky to survive!

The government seems to be doing a good job with it all and I’d rather focus on the possibility that In this country at least we could beat this thing within a few months than be pessimistic and say this is going to be 6 months plus. I get the govt has to under promise and over deliver on this one so hopefully that’s what happens.

there are 80 people in ICU according to the current numbers and our percentage of daily increase is coming down... that may change of course but I’d rather be in our position than the US or Europe.

If we get a peak In a few weeks time which is 6 weeks from when we started taking this seriously (that’s what the new modelling suggests) doesn’t that mean that in another 6 weeks it should be almost over?? If the peak is 6 weeks from the start doesn’t that mean it’s the same on the way down? Apologies I’m no expert on these matters but the graphs they keep showing with the peaks and troughs look pretty symmetrical to my eyes. It’s all very confusing and the longer we go the more livelihoods are lost as well ... we are on the way to a depression here, the economic fallout is affecting every sector bar the supermarkets. I’m down to 3 days a week in my role as with limited activity in the world there’s not much to do, most businesses big and small rely on people being active participants in society, if this goes for 6 months most businesses will be lucky to survive!

The government seems to be doing a good job with it all and I’d rather focus on the possibility that In this country at least we could beat this thing within a few months than be pessimistic and say this is going to be 6 months plus. I get the govt has to under promise and over deliver on this one so hopefully that’s what happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back