Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

To all of you who are helped by the Wage Subsidy legislation I’m truly happy for you.

For those of you who have been left on the wrong side of this package and forced onto Jobseeker benefit I feel sorry for you that you will receive less money because of a twist of fate.

For those of you who have been jettisoned and left to fend for yourselves in these times of crisis I feel truly ashamed that our inhumane streak has found a way to express itself again.

For those of you out there who may choose to exploit the circumstances rest assured that the vast resources Commonwealth Fair Work Ombudsman will eventually catch up with you.:tearsofjoy:

Europe starting to talk about de-confinement -at last! Testing and Apps are key.
Even Italy and Spain are beginning to talk about it. Lets hope our goverment think about it now rather than in 2 -3 weeks

My concern is that, especially in Italy and Spain, there would have already been a huge amount of people who have already been exposed to it and built immunity which will help, possibly millions in each country. They are also coming into the warmer months. We have just gone for a hard lockdown in warmer months and with significantly less exposure, relaxing everything just in time for flu season. It’s the problem I have had with our whole strategy, it’s never going to ever go away completely.

My concern is that, especially in Italy and Spain, there would have already been a huge amount of people who have already been exposed to it and built immunity which will help, possibly millions in each country. They are also coming into the warmer months. We have just gone for a hard lockdown in warmer months and with significantly less exposure, relaxing everything just in time for flu season. It’s the problem I have had with our whole strategy, it’s never going to ever go away completely.

I see your point. Your assumption that there is partial herd immunity in Italy and Spain though may not be as significant as we hope. But I sincerely hope you are right. We need serology surveillance ASAP - which is coming. Hopefully these tests are accurate as we rush them to market.
Yes the colder weather will be working against us, but we have a huge advantage given to us by being behind the northern hemisphere- let’s not blow it by being complacent. We have a second chance and we h@vent had to lose a huge amount of lives yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much got my head around no footy any month soon and if it does start up again in July sometime it won't be such a terrible thing for our senior side as it should mean for much more of season that we expected, we will see more games with Harry McKay, Kruezer and Charlie Curnow in it.

Financial hit is biggest problem but given every club has this issue, not end of world stuff, if we get back sometime in middle of year.

I think a lot of good can come out of it for the game as a whole by getting rid of so much of the excess that really adds nothing of substance to the pure sport and game itself. Also gives a rare time to reflect on what gone on in past.

Of course footy not played at all this year would be terrible but still plenty of months to go before that could happen.
Fingers crossed for a return in July or August.

On a bit of a different note, it's a bit disturbing to see the cops being heavy handed dishing out fines for 'infringements' that clearly are within the guidelines....guidelines that seem to be changing every day.

Following on from the learner driver, I just read that a lone mountain biker who drove close to his home for a ride was slapped with a hefty fine after a copper told him he’d breached coronavirus safety restrictions....'unnecessary travel' apparently according to the interpretation by the officer. Which was subsequently rescinded, but only because it was publicised.

I'm 100% behind the restrictions being introduced by the Gov't...but this seems to be either blatant revenue raising, or some of the constabulary just don't understand the regulations!!!
Clear as mud mountain biker was in Torquay
Drove to dirt bike track relatively quiet spot
Yet the car parks are full of surfers at bells and surroundingg beaches
Apparently this ok if you’re a local
But I shouldn’t drive my kids into the bush for a walk

Valid point

You would say they would have a valid option in 12-18 months? Still a nice return after that 1st year. Even if production/administering, etc, costs are $40 a pop, that's still $7.7 Billion a year in profit, a year for 10% population vaccinations
Be nice to get a tip on the company that comes up with a vaccine and buy shares .
Probably get jumped on for this attitude but hey.....things are gonna get mighty tough financially out there and I am not against making a buck

I still think the cruise ships offer the most accurate snapshot of this pandemic.
The "Greg Mortimer" latest reported one returning from Antarctica. Has over half the people testing positive, mostly Oz and NZ.
No fudging these figures. No politics, no agendas , simple facts.
What a nightmare to be on board.
I feel for all on these ships, they know fully what we are dealing with.

Last edited:
It’s looking like vitamin is being recocomended 10,000 iud a day for a few weeks
Then down to 5000 also good if you contract the virus good luck finding any now this information is out

It’s looking like vitamin is being recocomended 10,000 iud a day for a few weeks
Then down to 5000 also good if you contract the virus good luck finding any now this information is out
Sorry Haven’t worked out how to link articles but if you look up William.b.Grant phd from Berkeley you should be able to find it👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clear as mud mountain biker was in Torquay
Drove to dirt bike track relatively quiet spot
Yet the car parks are full of surfers at bells and surroundingg beaches
Apparently this ok if you’re a local
But I shouldn’t drive my kids into the bush for a walk
More free verse poetry on these boards!

Majority of our cases were travel related. Airports are closed mostly so that's dropped off. We're left with mostly community transmissions now.

We are in very good shape, well as much as anywhere thoughout the world

The daily death toll of New York City really depresses me (I have a wonderful cousin who has a young family there, last time I checked they were fine, which is a relief)

My Mother who is 78, is really struggling being isolated and cut off from friends and loved ones is the hardest bit for me, when she cries, I start cryinf myself (yes, I am a Mummy's Boy)

I encourage anyone who has elderly family (parents, grandparents, Aunts and Uncles etc) to call them on a regular basis and let them know they are okay (and loved)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back