Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing can be fixed. Unfortunately for so many being on the Right is a way of life not just a voting preference.
Even if it's bad for themselves. (Which it is)
If the Republicans had a policy that everyone who votes Republican gets their house burnt down, They'd still vote for them!!!!!!
Makes it impossible to get anything through the Senate no matter who wins.
Over a third of their country are even more backward than Queenslanders here.

Yes you're exactly right. I've always been fascinated by Americans and their way of thinking. If anyone is like me and wants an insight into this sort of mentality, I highly recommend the book Friday Night Lights. It's about a town in Texas that's absolutely obsessed with high school football, and goes into detail about the mentality of the people in the town. It's crazy. People are just offering up the most racist comments without hesitation.

And it also gives insight into this Republican no matter what mentality. You don't need to know a thing about high school football to enjoy the book.

Perhaps the upside to this will be governments around the world will put their $$$$$ into their health budgets instead of climate change when we get back to some normality.
If everyone can work together and bring China down climate change is solved!
No money to spend.
And we don't have to worry about little islands popping up in the ocean.

Would be nice if countries decide to start making stuff in house again because of this to

I've seen a couple of videos & articles over the last 24 hours from both NZ (promoted by Ardern) and then of a Shepparton based company (Aus only medical face mask making company) who are making medical face masks and obviously how much production has increased in both places over recent months

The biggest issue facing the Shepparton company is a struggle to get the raw materials which come from overseas - there's no raw material supplies in Australia. As you can imagine with the current world environment, countries that Med-Con (company) would normally order supplies from are keeping supplies for domestic use.

The question then becomes, is there a way for those raw materials to be made or produced in Australia - clearly would result in jobs

And as for Med-Con in Shepparton, they have previously supplied about 2 million face masks per year which was about 5% which was about 5% of the Australian market - they are looking to increase productivity to 50 million units. So not only supplying more, but also increasing local jobs - previously it was approximately 17 employees, to assist with current production 14 ADF personnel have been deployed but long term they want to replace them with locals and help get local employment going

Totally agree with you; at the end of all this it would be great to see countries ask themselves, "how can we become more self sufficient, and boost local employment?"

Andrew's for prime minister !

Thinking back a few years, when Bracks wad Premier of Victoria, was there also some discussion or suggestion that he should look at going into Federal politics to lead the Labor Party, and essentially go against Howard at a federal election?

Maybe it's just being a Victorian that I pay more attention to our politics rather than other States, but I seem to recall we've have a couple of Labor leaders who have been highly praised with suggestions they should look at moving to Federal politics

Someone posted a video.

There's at least 50 cars on point Addis road.

WTF is wrong with people.

Just a matter of time till full lockdown with fines beening offered.
I was about to post the same thing - can't share the video but here's a photo

I guess now that they can't go to the beach in St Kilda they'll come down here. By 6pm tonight I expect that all beaches in Vic will be closed, and when you add this to yesterday's beach BS, it'll only accelerate the move to stage 3 & 4

I've heard stories of people enjoying day trips down the coast all week, strolling along with their coffees in hand & having a chat - just get out of the house & enjoy a day out, nothing essential about their activity

Also sick of people making excuses for those doing said stupid stuff and blaming those who bring these actions to light - apparently we should just ignore what these idiots are doing & by showing these videos it's the video takers fault if we go into lockdown. Like seriously - sorry the only people at fault are the idiots who can't stay at home

5A520862-C919-4E90-8BD7-EA116DB3F41C.png

I was about to post the same thing - can't share the video but here's a photo

I guess now that they can't go to the beach in St Kilda they'll come down here. By 6pm tonight I expect that all beaches in Vic will be closed, and when you add this to yesterday's beach BS, it'll only accelerate the move to stage 3 & 4

I've heard stories of people enjoying day trips down the coast all week, strolling along with their coffees in hand & having a chat - just get out of the house & enjoy a day out, nothing essential about their activity

Also sick of people making excuses for those doing said stupid stuff and blaming those who bring these actions to light - apparently we should just ignore what these idiots are doing & by showing these videos it's the video takers fault if we go into lockdown. Like seriously - sorry the only people at fault are the idiots who can't stay at home

View attachment 848229
Why is the guy taking the video there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you're exactly right. I've always been fascinated by Americans and their way of thinking. If anyone is like me and wants an insight into this sort of mentality, I highly recommend the book Friday Night Lights. It's about a town in Texas that's absolutely obsessed with high school football, and goes into detail about the mentality of the people in the town. It's crazy. People are just offering up the most racist comments without hesitation.

And it also gives insight into this Republican no matter what mentality. You don't need to know a thing about high school football to enjoy the book.

Also a T.V series and movie to go along with it, if you want a real fix....

On the American Legal system 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm not even sure America knows.....

It's so confusing..

The decentralization of the federal government gives them power.

But the individual states can also retain federal like power over the preciding state.

Then you work through Congress, Senate......

And trump still managed to build a big F off wall 😂🤮

I posted a week ago that those with money would be ok and those without would not and thats how f’ed up thi system is.

Case in point.

Go Catters

America must have a huge "homeless" community as well is my guess.

And the healthcare isn't cheap I mean Obamacare tried but I'm guessing that was mainly for people with health insurance.

It's scary for what is considered to be a world leading nation the healthcare infrastructure doesn't go anywhere even vaguely close to being able to support the public widespread in a time of crisis.

As Daz said good if you have a pocket full of cash it's all sweet

Why is the guy taking the video there?
The initial post is from a woman who said they were taking a drive - maybe they are from the area and wanted some sea/ocean air before going home?

I ran out of beer last night. I have a small supply of wine and whiskey that has to see me through the next 2 weeks until I get this dry IPA brewed. Gonna run close 😥
Can't get to the bottle shop or have someone drop something on the front step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back