Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to my local supermarket just before and in the refrigerated section there are half a dozen late teens of both genders in their beach wear. Felt like having a crack at them but refrained on the off chance they all live together and have a communal pool.

Yeah don't get me started on them. There even worse! Focussed on appearances and outrage over every slight non issue and would rather whinge than want social change.
And at the same time they receive plenty from corporations themselves.
Trump won!! Deal with it. Why not stand for something and try and win than just whine.
The lefty woke w**nker s**t is increasingly starting to become a way of life too.
And it's far worse. At least the other side like to have a bit of fun and not censor everything.
Who would of thought the left would of been shutting down free speech and trying to take rights away. Embarrassing.
Ahhh, another rant.

Strongly recommend reading “The Righteous Mind” by Jonathan Haidt. Explains very well how right and left think the way they do, based on data. Excellent book.

We've always known that a percentage of the australian population is made up of idiots, bogans and low lifes.

But Covid-19 has revealed just how many there truly are. It's a sad indictment on our society.

The greed and panic in the supermarkets.....elderly people being physically assaulted.......people abusing others......spitting on police officers.....stealing hand sanitiser from hospital..............it's bloody shameful, disgusting and disappointing.

My faint hope is that people reflect, with shame, on their behaviour, greed, selfishness and blantant disregard for common respect, decency, and the wellbeing of their fellow Australians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CottonOn has shut up shop.
Paying employees for a month to begin.
Shame to see a sponsor doing it tough.
They'll still be operating online - I think it's just that people visiting bricks & mortar stores is hopefully decreasing, while I've also also read plenty of comments from those working in retail settings that they'd rather their workplace be closed because they feel uncomfortable going to work, in that setting during this current situation

If you could work in a warehouse away from the public, ensure all staff have their temperatures checked prior to building entry etc, that wouldn't be too bad at the moment as there's a bit more control in that environment

Are jokes on lockdown too?
Jokes and having fun is fine - plenty of the happening within this thread, but still needs to be tasteful

Need to remember that there's likely to be boomers who are members of the forum, while for others they may have family or parents who are classed as boomers, and unfortunately with covid-19, the older generations seem most susceptible

As for wishing ill in idiots - it's the actions of those who don't think the self isolation rules apply to them upon returning from overseas, or those who are continuing to ignore the "stay at home unless essential" & practice "safe social distancing", who are going to keep having more restrictions placed upon us & why this is going to continue to spread

If history has taught us anything it's that we'll always find a way to get on the piss.
Please don't start panic buying beer people.
They did that last week, hence the daily buying limits at BWS & Dan Murphys

The limits are such that you can only buy 18 bottles of wine per day...

At Dan Murphy's in NSW, Vic, ACT, Qld, NT, SA and Tas, the limit per customer per day is 18 bottles of wine, three casks of wine, six bottles of spirits and three cases of beer, cider and premix.

BWS has implemented similar restrictions, with all states and territories (except for WA) having per customer, per shop limits of 12 bottles of wine, three casks of wine, four bottles of spirits and four cases of beer, spirits, premix and cider.

WA has stricter limits, in-line with state regulations, with customers able to buy a maximum of two from the following categories: 11.25 litres of beer, cider or pre-mix spirits; 2.25 litres of wine; one litre of spirits; and one litre of fortified wine.

We've always known that a percentage of the australian population is made up of idiots, bogans and low lifes.

But Covid-19 has revealed just how many there truly are. It's a sad indictment on our society.

The greed and panic in the supermarkets.....elderly people being physically assaulted.......people abusing others......spitting on police officers.....stealing hand sanitiser from hospital..............it's bloody shameful, disgusting and disappointing.

My faint hope is that people reflect, with shame, on their behaviour, greed, selfishness and blantant disregard for common respect, decency, and the wellbeing of their fellow Australians.

We live in very lenient society , who would really want it otherwize yet at times ... too many people are just used to doing and expecting to do what ever they want without a care about others. spitting on policemen ... what will the punishment be .. a tch tch tch from the magistrate? Try $ 20,000 fine or 5 years in jail. Absolutely a vile choice of behaviour that should not be tolerated.

People whining about being put into isolation ..so many only thinking about #1. So yes there is a lot of behavior that sets off my irritation level.

The panic thing Im a little more forgiving about. To a degree I think it a bit seeing an 'englishman' in our summer wandering around without a shirt saying its not that hot and ending the day like a lobster.. There has been some poor preparation from the government. Im mean Toilet rolls? Woman having full on's about paper to wipe their toshies? Hardly life and death. Its not like they were fighting for the last bottle of water.

Can someone explain to me the definition of "essential service" Is a bottle shop an essential service. Just as well they have a 4 slab limit? A coffee shop.

I didn't need COVID-19 to tell me this- last years election result was proof enough.

Maybe some of those people learnt some humility lining up at Centrelink but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back