Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A return to live sport in 6 weeks?

The NRL could be set to return to TV screens sooner than anticipated, with the ARL Commission expected to sign off a return as early as May 21.

According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, a 15-round season centralised in Sydney is the likely option for the NRL as it aims to proceed with the current season...

..."The NRL is hopeful that by mid-June all states will relax their restrictions and it will be able to return to playing games at venues around the country, albeit without crowds in attendance."

If the NRL is able to successfully return in May, the season will be able to be completed with the Grand Final played in the originally scheduled date in October.

Wishful thinking. I’d rather see that shitful excuse for a sport go down the tubes and have afl as the true no 1 national sport. Rugby sucks balls.

It really isn't. He may as well be Malcolm Roberts claiming to know a lot about global warming because he's a mining engineer.

You're free to believe what you want. You're not free to spread misinformation. I'm simply explaining why censuring crackpots is the correct course of action.
No, that's like saying you need a Degree qualification in a specific field to make any opinion or contribution on specific matters. That would be wrong. People should be allowed to be analytical given data presented, some have more credibility that others.

If we go down this path of Censorship, then someone needs to be accountable with full examination of what is being purported and give reason for removing content before they randomly start pulling down content by an AI algorithm with no explanation whatsoever. Debate it I say, and allow for debate. If they are Crackpots, and they lose their debates they will eventually disappear anyway, and you can have your last laugh. :)

We're part of an international system, so we act when we are told to. As it was, we went against the recommendation of the CCP - I mean the WHO - by restricting travel from China when we did. Who knows how many more cases we might have now had that not been done. A move widely criticised at the time.
The leader of WHO, Tedros, is mates with the Clinton's and Gates. Surely those circles would be influencing his decisions. Gates is very keen on pandemic problems, and how to solve them. Event 201, Gates Foundation.

Sorry I didn't read it right. Thought you said drinking it. I was pushing that agenda a while ago.
Oh well at least it helps protect against the boredom of Corona.
Much needed with the most boring ass Easter ever coming up.

I just hope I can get some Lindt Chocolate delivered to me that’s all I want for Easter lol

A return to live sport in 6 weeks?

The NRL could be set to return to TV screens sooner than anticipated, with the ARL Commission expected to sign off a return as early as May 21.

According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, a 15-round season centralised in Sydney is the likely option for the NRL as it aims to proceed with the current season...

..."The NRL is hopeful that by mid-June all states will relax their restrictions and it will be able to return to playing games at venues around the country, albeit without crowds in attendance."

If the NRL is able to successfully return in May, the season will be able to be completed with the Grand Final played in the originally scheduled date in October.

Rather than being hopeful, why not just wait to see if it happens and then make the call? Then you don't have to keep making announcements and winding them back if things don't work out. I think it's pretty optimistic that things will be eased too much in the dead centre of our winter and at the height of flu season. Seems like that's going to be the most precarious time and a period the government will need to watch closely for outbreaks. I doubt they'll want to risk too much.

One reason that all the conspiracy theory stuff around a connection between 5G & Covid-19 would be getting deleted is because it's a dangerous conspiracy theory with no actual basis

A key fact that's ignored by those sprouting this conspiracy theory is that 5G has been rolled in across 40 countries, there's confirmed cases of covid-19 in over 180 countries

5G may well present it's own dangers, but that's seperate to this virus

Mis-Information the Chinese blame America for the coronavirus. 😂

The American president quoted it the "Chinese Virus"

The whole thing is a shambles of mis-information when you have two super powers blaming and or denying accountability.

How is the rest of the world meant to take it

PhotoPictureResizer_200408_235958358_crop_1440x2518.jpg

Good summary of the Covid-19 matter. Stamford University.

We are getting media sensationalism and censorship. This feeds panic.

Lol bloke knows what he is talking about I'm sure. Had a chuckle at the end though when he was talking about the media sensationalism being dangerous.

Then went straight to if you go the social distancing route it could take 18 months and that would place billions of lives at stake 😂

Great job on completely confusing the matter his plea for correct data is noted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its still an infringement of the freedom of information rights, he should be able to broadcast his views.
He gave pretty solid evidence from medical researchers that covid-19 testing is inaccurate and there is an agenda to report higher covid-19 numbers to ensure a fear campaign continues.
Long story short, they are rolling out 5G globally right as we speak and there has been inadequate testing on the harmful affects to human/life organisms. Scientists have been screaming about the lack of testing of 5G, but its barely had any media traction at all. The covid-19 campaign provides a distraction at the same time, and covid-19 may be in fact a new virus, but the same problem distracts people from any ill-health they experience whilst 5G is rolled out.

Now I am uncertain of the link to both scenarios, but I think its a reasonable question to ask online whether the timing was purely coincidental or to provide a distraction and also lead to further freedoms removed (eg everyone is tracked).

Now everything on the internet that questions a link between Coronavirus and the rollout of the 5G network is removed from social media websites like YouTube.

Long story short, as they are tracking those that have covid-19 globally, when a vaccine comes due, he predicted an implant for all. This will enable you to travel globally (that confirms you're not a carrier to spread covid-19), based on the fear that you may kill someone by spreading a virus. That implant will be used for tracking, and medical data.

Not sure you were aware, but Event 201 only recently rehearsed a pandemic scenario back in Oct 2019. This is run by the Gates Foundation, and Gates has been eagerly keen to dabble into the human virus space... maybe dealing with computer viruses are not enough for him ;)

Event 201:
" A severe pandemic, which becomes “Event 201,” would require reliable cooperation among several industries, national governments, and key international institutions. "
This is how powers are centralised...

Anyway, that's basically what Icke said and I'm on the fence with it... I always stay open minded in this environment. Its very obvious to me though that there is a fear campaign on local tv/radio. When you can't see the enemy, the fear is maximised - just like the war on terrorism, the war on the invisible virus has the same effect...

Anyway, if you want to read about 5G, you can start here.

during all this, people like david icke should not be free to disperse their views. they are wrong, and lead susceptible people into believing and spreading all sorts of misinformation.

icke believes and has stated, amongst a lot of other things, the following:
  1. AIDS is not real;
  2. vaccine denialism;
  3. basically every royal family / politician is a 5th dimensional shape-shifting reptile;
  4. reality is an illusion created by advanced beings being harnessed and intercepted via hollowed out bases on the moon, siphoning out all but the 5 senses we expereince, and sending these restricted beams onto the earth to harness and control us and feed off our negative energy created as result;
  5. he is the son of god.
people like this shuldn't get a platform simply because 'free speech!' dangerous, unverified and plain stupid ideas should be ferreted out and restricted. abstract thinking, thinking that challenges the norms, should be encouraged and promoted. as long as it has basis in demonstrable science and utilises the scientific method to its full effect.

to use an extreme black and white example, 3 people on a street corner offer advice on raising children: 1. feed them a wide range of foods, including plenty of healthy fruits, vegetables and grains (pretty inarguable); 2. play them classical music from a young age, as the patterns in the music match brain waves and will promote intelligence (a bit out there, and difficult to prove, but largely harmless); 3. douse them in petrol and light it, as the skin is a containment measure imposed by the alien overlords, and our spirits must be freed from it.

not all those views should be tolerated because of 'freedom of information rights, [people] should be able to broadcast [their] views'. one of them is demonstrably stupid, dangerous, and should not only be discouraged but halted.

lastly, david icke has never given 'pretty solid evidence' supporting any of his lunatic beliefs.

during all this, people like david icke should not be free to disperse their views. they are wrong, and lead susceptible people into believing and spreading all sorts of misinformation.

1. AIDS is not real;
  2. vaccine denialism;
  3. basically every royal family / politician is a 5th dimensional shape-shifting reptile;
  4. reality is an illusion created by advanced beings being harnessed and intercepted via hollowed out bases on the moon, siphoning out all but the 5 senses we expereince, and sending these restricted beams onto the earth to harness and control us and feed off our negative energy created as result;
  5. he is the son of god.
people like this shuldn't get a platform simply because 'free speech!' dangerous, unverified and plain stupid ideas should be ferreted out and restricted. abstract thinking, thinking that challenges the norms, should be encouraged and promoted. as long as it has basis in demonstrable science and utilises the scientific method to its full effect.

to use an extreme black and white example, 3 people on a street corner offer advice on raising children: 1. feed them a wide range of foods, including plenty of healthy fruits, vegetables and grains (pretty inarguable); 2. play them classical music from a young age, as the patterns in the music match brain waves and will promote intelligence (a bit out there, and difficult to prove, but largely harmless); 3. douse them in petrol and light it, as the skin is a containment measure imposed by the alien overlords, and our spirits must be freed from it.

not all those views should be tolerated because of 'freedom of information rights, [people] should be able to broadcast [their] views'. one of them is demonstrably stupid, dangerous, and should not only be discouraged but halted.

lastly, david icke has never given 'pretty solid evidence' supporting any of his lunatic beliefs.
Excellent points, made well. Wasting time though. His followers think of themselves as skeptics, but they're there opposite. Skeptics demand to be convinced with evidence, his followers ignore conflicting evidence and refuse to be convinced of anything.

People are groping at conflicting or unrelated narratives in the hope they line up to a worldview where someone is in control. This is what replaces religion, and there's no amount of evidence that would convert a religious person

1. AIDS is not real;
  2. vaccine denialism;
  5. he is the son of god.

Hey, some of us are awake to the fact that every royal family and its attendant aristocracy ARE parasitic organisms that feed off the working classes. The 'reptillian' factor may well be metaphoric rather than actual but that's the reality.

They ARE parasites.

Hey, some of us are awake to the fact that every royal family and its attendant aristocracy ARE parasitic organisms that feed off the working classes. The 'reptillian' factor may well be metaphoric rather than actual but that's the reality.

They ARE parasites.
That would be great if he was speaking metaphorically. He wasn't

Went to the local doctors surgery today for a standard flu shot for the family. Was an interesting trip.

The surgery had a note on the door to call them and wait in your car on hold until it was your turn to go in. No one is supposed to be in the waiting room and the door to the surgery is locked. I go to pay and while I was there paying there was a woman in the waiting room and one of the staff started telling her she wasn't supposed to be there and she had to leave.

Turns out the woman apparently worked at the airport (Adelaide airport had a big cluster of cases) and was supposed to be in isolation. The staff, who looked like they were constantly on the edge of a fight or flight response, were close to screaming at her saying "get out" and "you're not supposed to be here". The staff clearly wanted to physically throw her out by couldn't actually do so. She looked like she was on the edge of a nervous break down, like a small scared child.

FWIW I think she was probably a run of the mill hypochondriac who had claimed to be from the airport so she could get tested. But still. The whole scene just looked like it was well planned and orchestrated on paper, but everyone involved seemed a nervous wreck.

Went to the local doctors surgery today for a standard flu shot for the family. Was an interesting trip.

The surgery had a note on the door to call them and wait in your car on hold until it was your turn to go in. No one is supposed to be in the waiting room and the door to the surgery is locked. I go to pay and while I was there paying there was a woman in the waiting room and one of the staff started telling her she wasn't supposed to be there and she had to leave.

Turns out the woman apparently worked at the airport (Adelaide airport had a big cluster of cases) and was supposed to be in isolation. The staff, who looked like they were constantly on the edge of a fight or flight response, were close to screaming at her saying "get out" and "you're not supposed to be here". The staff clearly wanted to physically throw her out by couldn't actually do so. She looked like she was on the edge of a nervous break down, like a small scared child.

FWIW I think she was probably a run of the mill hypochondriac who had claimed to be from the airport so she could get tested. But still. The whole scene just looked like it was well planned and orchestrated on paper, but everyone involved seemed a nervous wreck.
* - not really want you want to deal with

Took me mum for our annual flu shots on Sunday and they were done in the carpark with us not getting out of the car - then just sat in the car for 15 minutes to make sure we're ok

Probably the least painful flu shot I have received - be happy for future flu shots to be fine the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back