Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** - not really want you want to deal with

Took me mum for our annual flu shots on Sunday and they were done in the carpark with us not getting out of the car - then just sat in the car for 15 minutes to make sure we're ok

Probably the least painful flu shot I have received - be happy for future flu shots to be fine the same way
Yeah my 2 year old barely noticed it, just looked at the nurse shocked and said "You pricked me!". The actual shots were done in a room next door to the clinic but you had to go into the waiting room to pay. Was probably the most surreal stand off I've ever seen

Never said it was my set up...

And I've only just got an espresso coffee machine (like only delivered this week) - it's currently sitting on the kitchen table while I read the manual and work out what parts need to be washed before use & making sure I set things up correctly

Besides that, I have a enough of a collection of beer and RTD cans sitting in boxes on the floor, meaning no Pepsi required. But if I do need to break into the JD that's in the cupboard, I've got ginger ale to mix with it

Never said it was my set up...

And I've only just got an espresso coffee machine (like only delivered this week) - it's currently sitting on the kitchen table while I read the manual and work out what parts need to be washed before use & making sure I set things up correctly

Besides that, I have a enough of a collection of beer and RTD cans sitting in boxes on the floor, meaning no Pepsi required. But if I do need to break into the JD that's in the cupboard, I've got ginger ale to mix with it

Yeah I believe I will also be investing in a coffee machine shortly quality investment.

I spend so much more time at home now and lots of the coffee shops around aren't open anymore.

And I realised how much I spend on coffee everyday now lol. Reckon I spend $5.50 ot thereabouts basically every day of the week. Either before work or on the weekend Haha

Should pay itself off in no time, in saying that I'm pretty lazy with food prep so it also could just gather dust in the corner

I wonder how many other sporting leagues and events will take notice of this and act on it once the covid-19 stuff is all over...

Wimbledon is preparing to submit an insurance claim 'in excess of £100million' following the the cancellation of the tournament this week.

The All England Club's insurance policy, in the region of £1.5m a year, was updated in 2003 after organisers asked for a virus-related clause inserted following concerns over the SARS outbreak...

...According to the Times, Wimbledon chiefs are to see their insurance triggered by the cancellation with the clause that covers infectious diseases set to be worth as much as £100m.

The exact amount of the pay-out they will earn from their policy remains unclear with the organising costs and the prize money, to the tune of £40m, to be considered as deductions now it has been cancelled.

Apparently by the time you are on a ventilator you are dead anyway
its not good to get on a ventilator - but the metric seems to be you can get off a ventilator however the longer you are on it, the less likely you are to come off it alive.

Go Catters

I wonder how many other sporting leagues and events will take notice of this and act on it once the covid-19 stuff is all over...

Wimbledon is preparing to submit an insurance claim 'in excess of £100million' following the the cancellation of the tournament this week.

The All England Club's insurance policy, in the region of £1.5m a year, was updated in 2003 after organisers asked for a virus-related clause inserted following concerns over the SARS outbreak...

...According to the Times, Wimbledon chiefs are to see their insurance triggered by the cancellation with the clause that covers infectious diseases set to be worth as much as £100m.

The exact amount of the pay-out they will earn from their policy remains unclear with the organising costs and the prize money, to the tune of £40m, to be considered as deductions now it has been cancelled.

Mark Cuban praised Wimbledon as incredibly smart for having the pandemic clause in their policy - allegedly it was worth about 2 million a year as a clause for them to add.... and well its paid off like a mofo right now.

The CLub has just insulated itself against financial issues this year and going forward. Mind you .. some Swiss underwriters just went broke.

Go Catters

during all this, people like david icke should not be free to disperse their views. they are wrong, and lead susceptible people into believing and spreading all sorts of misinformation.

icke believes and has stated, amongst a lot of other things, the following:
  1. AIDS is not real;
  2. vaccine denialism;
  3. basically every royal family / politician is a 5th dimensional shape-shifting reptile;
  4. reality is an illusion created by advanced beings being harnessed and intercepted via hollowed out bases on the moon, siphoning out all but the 5 senses we expereince, and sending these restricted beams onto the earth to harness and control us and feed off our negative energy created as result;
  5. he is the son of god.
people like this shuldn't get a platform simply because 'free speech!' dangerous, unverified and plain stupid ideas should be ferreted out and restricted. abstract thinking, thinking that challenges the norms, should be encouraged and promoted. as long as it has basis in demonstrable science and utilises the scientific method to its full effect.

to use an extreme black and white example, 3 people on a street corner offer advice on raising children: 1. feed them a wide range of foods, including plenty of healthy fruits, vegetables and grains (pretty inarguable); 2. play them classical music from a young age, as the patterns in the music match brain waves and will promote intelligence (a bit out there, and difficult to prove, but largely harmless); 3. douse them in petrol and light it, as the skin is a containment measure imposed by the alien overlords, and our spirits must be freed from it.

not all those views should be tolerated because of 'freedom of information rights, [people] should be able to broadcast [their] views'. one of them is demonstrably stupid, dangerous, and should not only be discouraged but halted.

lastly, david icke has never given 'pretty solid evidence' supporting any of his lunatic beliefs.
All fair points. But hey, treat it like I do... Its just a bit of entertainment, sometimes its worth a good laugh. Its just like watching Trump. :)

The one thing Icke is definitely right about, is that social conditioning/programming does occur from the entertainment sector, and the mainstream media is usually just a PR engine for the Govts around the world.

Last edited:

80%+ death rates and they are now changing up the treatment.

I'm sorry, but what you posted was just not so, and this link in an attempt to justify your post only exposes its inaccuracy.

....SOME medical professionals ....
....COULD be harming
....CERTAIN patients

vs

by the time you are on a ventilator you are dead anyway

This is not a personal attack mate....we just must be very careful with the language we use when commenting on the situation we find ourselves in. There have been a number of posts that have put forward positions that are blatantly wrong that we have let go through to the keeper.

I think its time we just step back for a moment and add that extra touch of consideration before we post positions that are inaccurate and possibly hurtful for those whose loved ones may be fighting the virus right now, or have lost ones close to them as a result of contracting this disease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

80%+ death rates and they are now changing up the treatment.
There's probably a lot of other factors not coming through in the data. Would 100% of these people die without? Then you're giving dead people a 1 in 5 chance they didn't already have. I'm my professional experience as an engineer, people who use data without knowing exactly how it is collected and the circumstances under which it is collected are flying blind.

There's probably a lot of other factors not coming through in the data. Would 100% of these people die without? Then you're giving dead people a 1 in 5 chance they didn't already have. I'm my professional experience as an engineer, people who use data without knowing exactly how it is collected and the circumstances under which it is collected are flying blind.

If you just left 5 people in the corner with no treatment whatsoever would 1 out of 5 survive? Who knows. If doctors are shying away from using them then it says a lot. That's the benfit that we have here. Keep the numbers low and collect the data from all these other countries that are in a way worse position than we are.

If you just left 5 people in the corner with no treatment whatsoever would 1 out of 5 survive? Who knows. If doctors are shying away from using them then it says a lot. That's the benfit that we have here. Keep the numbers low and collect the data from all these other countries that are in a way worse position than we are.
How much are doctors "shying away" though? The article runs contrary to the weight of articles claiming they're desperate to get more. None of us have enough context to interpret that data. Even in the article it says 86% died in a small study in Wuhan but the data in the UK is 66%. "Small study" is a giant red flag in data analysis. The article says normal death rate for anyone who needs a ventilator is 40-50%. The article doesn't say ventilators don't work, it says doctors are avoiding ventilators when they can, it also says doctors always avoid ventilators where they can. That's a long way from:

Apparently by the time you are on a ventilator you are dead anyway

Be prepared for the Anti-China campaign, both from Politicians and the Media in the Western countries. Now to the casual observer, this is starting look like an opportunity to curb a rising power amidst US-China trade talks.

The reality is the vast majority of innovation now comes from China based on the Patent applications as a guide. In addition, they now have the economic power to rival the US especially with its supply chain and trade surpluses. Within 7-9 years China will exceed the US in GDP terms, maybe even sooner.

In "the past 500 years have seen 16 cases in which a rising power threatened to displace a ruling one. Twelve of these ended in war."

To me, its looking more like an economic war at hand now, hopefully it doesn't lead to an actual war.

Be prepared for the Anti-China campaign, both from Politicians and the Media in the Western countries. Now to the casual observer, this is starting look like an opportunity to curb a rising power amidst US-China trade talks.

The reality is the vast majority of innovation now comes from China based on the Patent applications as a guide. In addition, they now have the economic power to rival the US especially with its supply chain and trade surpluses. Within 7-9 years China will exceed the US in GDP terms, maybe even sooner.

In "the past 500 years have seen 16 cases in which a rising power threatened to displace a ruling one. Twelve of these ended in war."

To me, its looking more like an economic war at hand now, hopefully it doesn't lead to an actual war.
Hopefully china gets flogged economically after this whole mess. The whole thing could have been avoided if they didn’t lie, deceive and cover up the initial outbreak. China is a serious threat to the world and they need to be crushed like an ant. They truly do not give a stuff about humanity, freedom and fairness.

And they do not innovate, they just steal tech secrets from everyone else. They have plants inside universities, research facilities and tech companies all over the globe stealing info for the ccp. I have no doubt they have many here in australia as well. They are a parasite.

they need to be crushed like an ant.
Too late for that...
They work with long term goals and long memories, whereas the western governments can't see beyond the next election. Like it or not, they will influence the geopolitical course of this century and perhaps beyond. I suspect they have not forgotten being screwed over by the west during the 'opium wars' .
They just have to stop eating bats and pangolins :p

Hopefully china gets flogged economically after this whole mess. The whole thing could have been avoided if they didn’t lie, deceive and cover up the initial outbreak. China is a serious threat to the world and they need to be crushed like an ant. They truly do not give a stuff about humanity, freedom and fairness.

And they do not innovate, they just steal tech secrets from everyone else. They have plants inside universities, research facilities and tech companies all over the globe stealing info for the ccp. I have no doubt they have many here in australia as well. They are a parasite.
That is all true. Horrible, oppressive, deceptive and bullying regime.
But it's also hard to complain. I like cheap s**t and I like getting work.
They're campaigners of the highest order but I look at stuff I buy my kids.
No way could nearly anyone afford to buy them all this s**t when I was young.

Too late for that...
They work with long term goals whereas the western governments can't see beyond the next election. Like it or not, they will influence the geopolitical course of this century and perhaps beyond. I suspect they have not forgotten being screwed over by the west during the 'opium wars' .
They just have to stop eating bats and pangolins :p
Yeah they've been well on their way to creating and investing in their belt and road initiative for quite a while.
As you said, unfortunately it's a bit too late. They thought about the future and looked ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back