Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling a bunch of blokes to stay home for weeks/months with no footy and no beer is probably a good way to manufacture riots in Australia, so in that sense it is an essential service.

True.

There were a number of BWS stores told they were closing up.

You can't take everything away from people.

We live in very lenient society , who would really want it otherwize yet at times ... too many people are just used to doing and expecting to do what ever they want without a care about others. spitting on policemen ... what will the punishment be .. a tch tch tch from the magistrate? Try $ 20,000 fine or 5 years in jail. Absolutely a vile choice of behaviour that should not be tolerated.

People whining about being put into isolation ..so many only thinking about #1. So yes there is a lot of behavior that sets off my irritation level.

The panic thing Im a little more forgiving about. To a degree I think it a bit seeing an 'englishman' in our summer wandering around without a shirt saying its not that hot and ending the day like a lobster.. There has been some poor preparation from the government. Im mean Toilet rolls? Woman having full on's about paper to wipe their toshies? Hardly life and death. Its not like they were fighting for the last bottle of water.

Can someone explain to me the definition of "essential service" Is a bottle shop an essential service. Just as well they have a 4 slab limit? A coffee shop.

In regards to that incident, she should count herself lucky to not be in the USA - I've read stories of 2 individuals charged with making terrorist threats over their actions surrounding covid-19

One man was asked to stand back by a supermarket worker after he got up in her face - his response was to spit on her and say he had coronavirus

The other case involved another man who live streamed himself licking a variety of products at Walmart (including deodorants) and asking, "who's scared of coronavirus?"

Maybe a couple of charges along those lines would have others rethink their actions

All surfcoast beaches shut now.

If you live in the geelong area.
The Grovedale hotel are doing take away food though the bottle0 just ring up for a steak and a six pack.

Good to see the thinking outside the square.
Yes & no to the beaches being closed...

The Surf Coast Shire has made the decision to close all of its beaches effective from Saturday afternoon.

The ‘difficult’ decision was made after vision emerged of people packing into Point Addis earlier in the same day.

“We’ve taken this action after evidence today there were still large gatherings of people at a number of beaches in the shire.”

People will still be able to surf, swim, run, walk and exercise their dogs as long as strict social distancing rules are being observed.

So they are closed if you wish to sit around & chat or go sunbathing, but open for everything else

If history has taught us anything it's that we'll always find a way to get on the piss.
Please don't start panic buying beer people.
Worst case I can distill the ethanol out of the metho I'm using for sanitizer.

I do not recommend trying that one at home

Last night it was Myers announcing they were closing, today it's Cotton On, Country Road & now R.M. Williams

I guess if Morrison won't move to stage 3 or 4, and implement a lockdown that the retailers are going to take it upon themselves to close their doors, and give the pubic less & less reasons to go out

Read this.
Sickening.
that is so ****ed up.

Whilst everyone loves the foreign investment dollars - it comes at a price.

And this is just an example of it.

And its only goona get much much worse.

China is cashed up - and will come calling to bail out and buy out stricken Australian companies and asserts after this.

And the govt - whichever one is on power they are both as bad as each other - will let it happen to take the short term cash and be seen to be "popular now"

So Get used to Australia doing things good for mother China.

Its sad and I dont mean to sound poorly of foreign investment as it has upsides too - but its got a really bad side to it and we, IMO, are just seeing the tip of that iceberg.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if you were an alchaholic?

Sounds like a few people on here are...

Its sad and I dont mean to sound poorly of foreign investment as it has upsides too - but its got a really bad side to it and we, IMO, are just seeing the tip of that iceberg.

Foreign investment good, foreign ownership bad.

In regards to that incident, she should count herself lucky to not be in the USA - I've read stories of 2 individuals charged with making terrorist threats over their actions surrounding covid-19

One man was asked to stand back by a supermarket worker after he got up in her face - his response was to spit on her and say he had coronavirus

The other case involved another man who live streamed himself licking a variety of products at Walmart (including deodorants) and asking, "who's scared of coronavirus?"

Maybe a couple of charges along those lines would have others rethink their actions

Local authorities are treating flagrant flaunting of the social isolation laws - eg coughing on people or licking.. yes licking...public areas as a Terrorist act.

And you DO NOT WANT to go down that path here. They can do literally whatever the * they want to you as a person at that point.

And dont think you get before a judge to get bailed.

Seriously bad idea.

GO Catters

I didn't need COVID-19 to tell me this- last years election result was proof enough.

Maybe some of those people learnt some humility lining up at Centrelink but I'm not holding my breath.

I actually think that’s still the main reason people complain about Morrison, both for the bushfires and now. It’s not anything he does or would do, it’s because he dared to win an election he wasn’t supposed to.

We live in very lenient society , who would really want it otherwize yet at times ... too many people are just used to doing and expecting to do what ever they want without a care about others. spitting on policemen ... what will the punishment be .. a tch tch tch from the magistrate? Try $ 20,000 fine or 5 years in jail. Absolutely a vile choice of behaviour that should not be tolerated.

Sounds fair to me. I’d add a police baton to the jaw carried out immediately.

As soon as feelings become more important than crimes this is what you get.

I actually think that’s still the main reason people complain about Morrison, both for the bushfires and now. It’s not anything he does or would do, it’s because he dared to win an election he wasn’t supposed to.
Nah it’s cause he spends more time telling everyone how good a job his government is doing, than actually getting out there doing it. Hence scotty from marketing.

It’s not doing the right thing for the country, it’s doing to right thing to get votes. Treating running the country like a popularity contest.

That doesn't make a lot of sense partridge dared to win an election he wasn't supposed to.

Basically just the media got it wrong and hooked everyone line and sinker.

ALP were in, the local councils still have to lose the seats and it didn't even come close to happening.

So the narrative around it is nice, although that is where it ends shorten was a terrible candidate.

You can't dispose of a prime minister that shanks another in the back has an ordinary campaign your rubbish and that's how he ended

Last edited:
Won’t be 6 months. The economy would be absolutely destroyed and would take decades to return. A month at most imo.

Would love to agree but the problem is that each time conditions are relaxed, as I understand it you're likely to get a surge in new infections. It's especially difficult because the new research is saying 30-60% of those infected show no symptoms.

My gut feeling is that we will not be talking about a safe world for around 18 months, maybe two years.

I can see a situation where the AFL goes drastic, with steps like: closures and mergers of clubs - it would be way cheaper, for example, if two clubs shared staff, facilities, and headquarters, allowing sale of assets (but who to?!); sacking of all players over 30 (because games won't be played until the 2022 season); lists cut back to 30 or 25 for the duration of the hiatus.

In planning for a future with a lot less money, the logical way to take up the slack in terms of broadcast time is to put the women on an equal footing with the men and play double headers every time. In the end, that would give more 'product', not less, and minimise overlapping games. Twelve teams, six slots (thurs pm, fri pm, saturday 3 fixtures, sunday one).

The likes of McLachlan will use this to design the game they want, from the ground up. Put another way: the scale and severity and durection of the financial hit - effectively, no product so no income for at least a year, and probably two, allows for "rebuild" of the competition as a whole.

Because it's not going to get back to normal. It will be a new world.

Nah it’s cause he spends more time telling everyone how good a job his government is doing, than actually getting out there doing it. Hence scotty from marketing.

It’s not doing the right thing for the country, it’s doing to right thing to get votes. Treating running the country like a popularity contest.

Yeah he is a dooshbag, before the last 2 years anyone could of been PM literally you or me could do it. We just hire a bunch of people to do everything for us 😂😂😂.

When the s**t hits the fan it all crumbles apart, we should be surprised with how poor his leadership is really scotty considering malcolm still has a big scar in his back from morrisons blade.

Maybe. On some things I completely agree with you, but I get the impression it doesn’t matter what he does or says. I’m not convinced any choice on either team would be better either.

Local authorities are treating flagrant flaunting of the social isolation laws - eg coughing on people or licking.. yes licking...public areas as a Terrorist act.

And you DO NOT WANT to go down that path here. They can do literally whatever the fu** they want to you as a person at that point.

And dont think you get before a judge to get bailed.

Seriously bad idea.

GO Catters

The idiot coughed on the police officer here has been released on bail to undergo a mental health assessment - she won't get s**t for being an idiot unfortunately

Or maybe we take note of what they're doing in the UK with quick, decisive action taken this week -

A woman has been jailed after she coughed in a police officer’s face, claiming that she had coronavirus.

Joanne Turner, 35, became abusive when officers spoke to her after she had kicked and damaged a car parked outside Norwich train station at around 11pm on Wednesday.

At Norwich magistrates court on Thursday, Turner admitted assaulting an emergency worker, Norfolk police said. She also admitted being drunk and disorderly in a public place and criminal damage.

The force said Turner, from Norwich, had been jailed for 12 weeks.

Ch Supt Dave Marshall said: “Any abuse and threatening behaviour towards the emergency services is unacceptable at any time. However, this sentence reflects the seriousness of threats and acts of coughing to put others in fear of contracting Covid-19.

“This should act as a clear warning that there will be serious consequences for anyone who behaves in such a threatening way towards others during this pandemic.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back