Status
Not open for further replies.

bellpark

All Australian
Aug 18, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
On a positive note - maybe our footy dept will decide to be best in class at long breaks (as opposed to worse in class after a bye), and spend this time creating an innovative way to deal with our list predicament, etc and reinvent our game style. In the end we need to get 5-10% better as we just fall short when we play well. I'm hoping that the game changes may be better adapted to by our footy dept and players than others. One thing I'm sure of is they should NOT use the bye approach or approaches they have because they just don't work. Good luck to them in sorting through this, lets hope they get innovative.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been living on the Society Religion and Politics board since this s**t all started. Poking my head back in here... it feels WEIRD. Even in the off-season I don't get the sense of irrelevance I get from wondering about where the club is at right now.

It seems irrelevant, like a nothingness. Anyone else have that feeling of dissociation?

For those in & around the Geelong region that knows someone who is struggling at the moment or can use some help in the way of groceries

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
I've been living on the Society Religion and Politics board since this s**t all started. Poking my head back in here... it feels WEIRD. Even in the off-season I don't get the sense of irrelevance I get from wondering about where the club is at right now.

It seems irrelevant, like a nothingness. Anyone else have that feeling of dissociation?
Yeah I've felt the same way for quite some time actually.

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
On a positive note - maybe our footy dept will decide to be best in class at long breaks (as opposed to worse in class after a bye), and spend this time creating an innovative way to deal with our list predicament, etc and reinvent our game style. In the end we need to get 5-10% better as we just fall short when we play well. I'm hoping that the game changes may be better adapted to by our footy dept and players than others. One thing I'm sure of is they should NOT use the bye approach or approaches they have because they just don't work. Good luck to them in sorting through this, lets hope they get innovative.
Maybe...we live in hope. It is possible that a reduction in coaching staff may simplify matters and stop the 'too many cooks spoil the broth' effect.

Had a story on the news about a mother who took her teenage daughter out for a driving lesson, and got slapped with a $1600 fine for ignoring isolation rules, even though they were just intending to stay in the car.

Had a story on the news about a mother who took her teenage daughter out for a driving lesson, and got slapped with a $1600 fine for ignoring isolation rules, even though they were just intending to stay in the car.

I can see both sides of the story - what probably hurt their case is that they were like 40 minutes from home, having travelled like 5 suburbs away. Next time they'll remember to just drive to the shops for jigsaw puzzles

Kinda like me on the Bellarine & being taken for a driving lesson through to Lara - probably not needed at the moment

I can see both sides of the story - what probably hurt their case is that they were like 40 minutes from home, having travelled like 5 suburbs away. Next time they'll remember to just drive to the shops for jigsaw puzzles

Kinda like me on the Bellarine & being taken for a driving lesson through to Lara - probably not needed at the moment

Interestingly one of the DJs on K-Rock this morning was saying he went for a drive over the weekend while trying to get his infant daughter to fall asleep and drove to Meredith and back. He also defended it by saying, like the mother and daughter on the news, that he thought it was OK because he was staying in the car.

It is an interesting one though.

Haha, just had another story about a group of celebrities competing in a virtual online version of the Melbourne Grand Prix, and 16 NBA stars are playing NBA2K online, and the winning player gets given $100k to donate to the charity of their choosing.

Need something similar to happen for AFL now since AFL Evolution is out.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Haha, just had another story about a group of celebrities competing in a virtual online version of the Melbourne Grand Prix, and 16 NBA stars are playing NBA2K online, and the winning player gets given $100k to donate to the charity of their choosing.

Need something similar to happen for AFL now since AFL Evolution is out.

2 problems.

1. AFL evo sucks, whereas NBA2K and Madden are actually pretty good.
2. AFL players don't have 100k to donate :tearsofjoy:

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

I feel the same. There’s nothing of interest happening at all. Usually during the off-season you have the draft or trade week to look forward to. But at this stage there is nothing.

I reckon this is the first season i haven’t even bothered tuning in to footy classified. I must have watched just about every episode, and the show has been going for what, 12-13 years? What’s the point, they have nothing worth discussing bar the afl’s financials, and who cares about that now the line of credit has been secured.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

I felt like that since before the season started. Didn't help we were absolute hot trash in the pre season. No one cares about the results in the pre season but style of play and things to look forward to was capped at about Narkle and Clark. People arguing that Zuthrie deserved his round 1 spot on the back of the pre season said it all really.

Its called a "police state" mate...better get used to it.

Fining people such amounts when the large majority have lost their jobs is unAustralian IMO...why are parking officers still employed...essential requirement?

Interestingly one of the DJs on K-Rock this morning was saying he went for a drive over the weekend while trying to get his infant daughter to fall asleep and drove to Meredith and back. He also defended it by saying, like the mother and daughter on the news, that he thought it was OK because he was staying in the car.

It is an interesting one though.
No way should they be cracking down on that. Trying to get a baby to sleep like that has two impacts, one to the showing baby, the other to the sleeping mother at home. Could you imagine being stuck indoors with a screaming baby at 4am who won't sleep and you're not allowed to drive them around the block? You can tell the cop has never had kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back