Sport All things CRICKET

Remove this Banner Ad

463486_986c217611ff7b3cb102acd152498314.png

Tight as *!

Darkest day in Australian Cricket History.

We've played hard, over the edge at times but always fair. And never cheated.

Now we are cheats.

It invalidates 150 years of what has gone before them.

I could GAF how hard the SA tour has been - and it has been rough. But you are grown men paid well to play the game you luv and and the best. If it does not go your way - find a way thru it.

Dennis Lillee worked thru it. Merv Hughes worked thru it. AB worked thru it. They all did

And you *ers not only cheat but conspired to do so.

You should all be suspended without pay for the rest of the calendar year at the very least.

And by losing the Australian public the way you have, you may have also killed Test cricket in its current form. It needs popularity to survive... and the leading nation in terms of Test cricket support just shot themselves in the face.

Well done you idiots. I hope it was worth it.

Darkest day in Australian Cricket History.

We've played hard, over the edge at times but always fair. And never cheated.

Now we are cheats.

It invalidates 150 years of what has gone before them.

I could GAF how hard the SA tour has been - and it has been rough. But you are grown men paid well to play the game you luv and and the best. If it does not go your way - find a way thru it.

Dennis Lillee worked thru it. Merv Hughes worked thru it. AB worked thru it. They all did

And you ******s not only cheat but conspired to do so.

You should all be suspended without pay for the rest of the calendar year at the very least.

And by losing the Australian public the way you have, you may have also killed Test cricket in its current form. It needs popularity to survive... and the leading nation in terms of Test cricket support just shot themselves in the face.

Well done you idiots. I hope it was worth it.

Most disgraceful day in Australian Cricket History, darkest day was November 2014.

I was so disappointed & angry watching it unfold live, still just as angry yesterday for the exact reasons you’ve said.

My anger’s all gone today though so now I’m just looking at the 2 positives from this situation:

1. We get to see some new/inexperienced faces in the team. I’m expecting/wanting the leadership group to be suspended (Smith, Warner, Lyon, Hazlewood, Starc) along with Bancroft. We won’t win the final Test of course. But assuming all those players are suspended our team for the final Test would look something like Renshaw, Burns, Khawaja, Handscomb, S. Marsh, M. Marsh, Paine, Cummins, Sayers, Richardson, Holland. Whoever they bring in either way I’m always excited to see some new faces (Sayers/Richardson) along with some inexperienced guys getting another go (Holland, Handscomb, Burns).

2. That this has happened now & not in the middle of 2019 when we’re trying to defend the Ashes in the UK. If this happened in the first test of that series we’d be disgraced (as we should be) and would lose 1-4/0-5. We need to get to the bottom of this, make some changes to staff (Lehmann out along with some assistant coaches probably, possibly Langer or Ponting in as head coach) and players like Smith/Warner stripped of captaincy and only available as players with no leadership roles, appointing a new captain who understands winning isn’t everything & we have to think about how we look to the Aussie & cricketing public, who the players like and can follow, who’s serious but fair. So whatever punishments come out of this, we can reset and move on and start preparing for a massive Ashes defence (as well as World Cup defence also in the UK in 2019).

Happy with the suspensions.

Its harsh - may be to harsh - especially considering Du Plesis did it twice and missed 0 days cricket

However

The precedent has been set. Dont * with Australian Cricket.

Boof IMO was not part of this. And i wonder how much Smith was actually in it as much as going along with it. Im tipping we will never really know. But to be aware of it and NOT stop it as Captain brings down the hammer as complicit and thats just as bad.

This should dissuade any further stupidity and they will forever be known as the cheating Aussies.

Others before them have been morally questionable and walked the boundaries of the spirit of the game, but none had even cheated.

My hope is that they serve their time and come back. They are losing $$, face, respect and part of their career.

That is enough.

They should also be afforded the chance to return post fact and allowed to rebuild themselves should they choose to.

And they should be left alone once their suspension starts. They ****ed up majorly and have been whacked for it. Let them serve it out.

They should also be supported and not hung out to dry. We all make dumb mistakes, theirs was just public and massively tracked by 24 million Aussies.

They deserve a second chance when the time comes.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching steve smith talk about it it's clear he is hurting so much from these events and genuinely loves the game.
So so so dissapointing this has happened, it may even show Smith wasn't really the right man for the job if he can't control his team mates, could Warner be the sole bad egg though?
I can't wait to see him come back in a year and be an even more incredible player.

Why don't we ball Marsh more overs! His suppose to be a All Rounder. If his a All Rounder balling only 4 overs isn't much. Should of bowled at least 10

Unfortunately the aussies are being embarrased this match just like i feared
We were never going to be competitive this test. Team would be mentally shot and just ready to get home, and whilst the new blokes have been in good touch they've also had about 2 days to try get used to the place

It didn't take long on social media for people to start mentioning "match fixing" - it is such a s**t dismissal that it's hard to believe 2 international batsman could make that mistake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back