Sport All things CRICKET

Remove this Banner Ad

Is a large crowd expected for the Renegades-Strikers clash at Kardinia Park tomorrow? 23k last season was pretty decent and possibly enough for CA to consider Geelong as a suitable market to expand into.

Is a large crowd expected for the Renegades-Strikers clash at Kardinia Park tomorrow? 23k last season was pretty decent and possibly enough for CA to consider Geelong as a suitable market to expand into.
The talent is spread way too thin already, 9 teams would be ridiculous.

The talent is spread way too thin already, 9 teams would be ridiculous.
Definitely a legitimate concern. Although I have heard people suggest an increase in international spots per team could be utilised to combat that issue.

It's always difficult to balance the desire to increase TV rights dollars vs maintaining the standard of a competition. Some will argue the introduction of GC and GWS was counterproductive to the AFL competition but they were able to secure a billion dollar TV deal as a result of expanding into those markets. Was it worth it? I think so but others will have their opinions. The A-League has just recently taken an interest in the Geelong market over the summer months so that could be a very good reason for CA to further explore expansion at Kardinia Park.

What I would like to see for a 14 man squad for Sri Lanka series

Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Labuschange
Head
Stoinis
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
Hazelwood

Starc
Siddle
Renshaw

16 man squad for Ashes

Harris
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Stoinis
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
Hazelwood

Burns/Renshaw - picked on previous form
Labuschange/Handscomb - " "
Carey
Starc
Siddle
Bird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not world class, apparently.
Which dick head said that? Is our best quick and I've long felt if he got a good run at it he would become the best quick in the world.

Hopefully he starts getting the new ball..

He isn't. The sample size is too small, hasn't played all countries away yet either.
Very good match, and very good summer, but world class is held to a higher standard

Steyn, Broad, Anderson et al. are world class.
None of ours are, maybe Lyon is now given he's doing well all around the world. Maybe.

Has played in Bangladesh and India and SA.
SA is very impressive in Aussie like pitch conditions.

Sub continent is to be expected for a pace bowler as being merely ok.
No away ashes series yet. No UAE or NZ.

Let's see how that goes before announcing him as our next test great.
Just a tad premature with 90 wickets and only 14 of them are outside pace and bounce friendly SA and Aus.

Has played in Bangladesh and India and SA.
SA is very impressive in Aussie like pitch conditions.

Sub continent is to be expected for a pace bowler as being merely ok.
No away ashes series yet. No UAE or NZ.

Let's see how that goes before announcing him as our next test great.
Just a tad premature with 90 wickets and only 14 of them are outside pace and bounce friendly SA and Aus.

Equal with Lillee at the same stage, and better than McGrath.

Huh?
I have literally just spent weeks praising Patterson for doing well.

He's not world class.
End of.
Equal with Lillee at the same stage, and better than McGrath.
Good for him. If he's equal or better than them after playing everyone home and away and does well in all conditions then we'll talk.
Bloke beats up on SL and people get all hyperbolic.

Huh?
I have literally just spent weeks praising Patterson for doing well.

He's not world class.
End of.

Good for him. If he's equal or better than them after playing everyone home and away and does well in all conditions then we'll talk.
Bloke beats up on SL and people get all hyperbolic.
You are the most predictable person on the planet.

You are the most predictable person on the planet.
Right back at you stud. Predictably a flog all the time.
Put words in my mouth, stir the pot, and most importantly are often wrong with whatever we disagree on.

I told you the Marsh's weren't good enough.
I told you the same with Watson.
I fear I'll be right on Langer too.
I was right to back up Ronnie McDonald who knew Finch wasn't an opener's a-hole. You argued with me.

I am not saying he's not good or can't be world class, just that to suggest that he is now is way OTT. He's proven his credentials in Aus and RSA conditions.
That's all. When he does it elsewhere he'll earn that tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back