No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand this thread.

They're just not a top team nor someone I have any particular rivalry with. They're more error prone than us so we should rejoice in their existence.

If you don't feel a particular rivalry with * I'm guessing you must be a youngster. Under 20 at least.
Apart from that, it's just fun to take the piss out of them.

Can't speak for everyone else, but for me, it's the well known fact that significant Essendon powerbrokers, led by Ron Evans who pushed hard for our severe salary cap rort punishment which nearly killed our club off (financially) and left us in a state of (mostly) misery in the past 17 or so years is why we should never show any mercy to them, and the healthy levels of hatred and mocking them should continue. The Hird/Peptide scandal does seem a bit Cathartic to me, only wish that corrupt ******** Ron Evans was still around to see how his Bombers caused the biggest scandal in VFL/AFL History, given how he put our club to the sword.

To sum up, we cannot mock Essendope enough or celebrate their constant failures, it's been a form of solace in our struggles in recent years.

Massive hypocrisy, given they were also serial cap offenders and are distinguished by the fact that they won a flag during a year they were found to have been in breach. Why were they never stripped of that flag?

Massive hypocrisy, given they were also serial cap offenders and are distinguished by the fact that they won a flag during a year they were found to have been in breach. Why were they never stripped of that flag?
Ron 'expletive deleted' Evans had friends in very high places at the AFL, as did his son. Despite the best efforts of his son's friends, the Dopers eventually got penalised for their more recent episode of cheating.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

79743244_2757756647578386_8241314540420071424_n.jpg

I really don't understand this thread.

They're just not a top team nor someone I have any particular rivalry with. They're more error prone than us so we should rejoice in their existence.

I remember going to auskick as a six year old the morning of the 99' prelim and having adult * supporters telling me that it was cute we made it that far, but we've never beat 'the mighty bombers' or that 'kouta wasn't that good a footballer' ( I had his number on my jumper). It wasn't in a joking manner, either. He was serious. What kind of adult tries to gloat on a six year old?

I remember the feeling of beating them that day.
I remember the feeling of copping it from their supporters during the early 00's.
I remember watching them drive carrazzo's shoulder into the ground.

Perhaps growing up during the worst period of the clubs history has made me cynical, but I really couldn't care less about them. Spinning the wheels of mediocrity while being unable to live up to modest objectives is worse than blowing up the list and going through some lean years. Having them be 'just okay' is what they deserve. Not good enough to win finals or premierships but not bad enough to put themselves in a positions to get better. Perfect. They keep doing the same thing thinking it'll improve their positions, but they end up exactly where they started- average.

Long may it continue.

* champion sam lonergan - playing highlights, attempted to break carrots' back but only manage to break his shoulder blade - banned for taking illegal supplements by world anti-doping agency - delisted by * - told to retire by richmond after 2 mesmerizing games - what a career to discuss with the kids.....

Sam_Lonergan.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screw em... and Hird and Dank were the best things since sliced bread!
Certainly were ...

... for the rest of the competition

This is about Collingwood but well, * Essendon too.

Yesterday my brother and I went to the dentist with someone we know who got a tooth removed which is about the 4th one they have lost over the years. My brother turned around and said, “If you lose anymore teeth you will be eligible for a Collingwood membership”. It was one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

This is about Collingwood but well, fu** Essendon too.

Yesterday my brother and I went to the dentist with someone we know who got a tooth removed which is about the 4th one they have lost over the years. My brother turned around and said, “If you lose anymore teeth you will be eligible for a Collingwood membership”. It was one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

And if you mutate and grow a third eye, you’ll be eligible for Essendon membership.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back