No Opposition Supporters All Things Essendon* - Carlton Posters ONLY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healer

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2018
South West
AFL Club
Carlton
Thankfully most homes are not run that way
The "not for profits", "community care" and those owned and managed by "faith-based" organisations are typically far better but the "for profit" businesses don't stack up as well. Unfortunately they have significant market share. Same story as the super funds..... profit agenda, shareholder interests rather than customer service.
Royal commission will likely define standards of quality care, staff ratios, staff qualification, more rigorous "independent" audit and hopefully funding needs.

agro

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Listened to Sheedy's say on the "Sacked" series, always someone else's fault and likes to talk about other clubs shifty deals. Had to get rid of players due to poor planning for salary cap which cost him another 2 flags he reckons. Has his opinion on the drug saga but didn't give much as he said he is patient and hopes he is still alive to see the truth. Jab is still the Brownlow medalist and Fletcher was suspended for the year without being drug tested. Still doesn't understand the rules of WADA.

To me, it sounds like the AFL is paying him hush money, (he is still employed by them-World Ambassador) to not slander them re the DRUG saga. Kevin, the AFL were trying to help *, but WADA found them to run a systematic doping program of which not enough valid records were kept, not even to a standard of your local vet.

Nothing will make me think otherwise that the trade period where they got rid of Blumfield, Caracalla and Heffernan, was nothing more than a Ron Evans engineered AFL boys club heads up that they had in fact broken the salary cap that year so you’d better clear the decks before we send Ken Wood in to do a “thorough TPP” audit.

:rolleyes:

Blue Pulse

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Nothing will make me think otherwise that the trade period where they got rid of Blumfield, Caracalla and Heffernan, was nothing more than a Ron Evans engineered AFL boys club heads up that they had in fact broken the salary cap that year so you’d better clear the decks before we send Ken Wood in to do a “thorough TPP” audit.

:rolleyes:
Definitely the vibe you get when Sheedy talks about it, even though I have never thought it before. Why couldn't all the players just not take a pay cut to keep these blokes in? To me, it sounded like they had no choice but to get rid of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue__Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I understand the concept of delayed gratification! But next years final series starts in 356 days (assuming 3 Sept is first final) so the minimum days that * can be without reaching a final is 5843!

5843 is more delicious than 5487... :p
Don't rush it - the journey is so much more important than the destination :)

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
How would Shiel feel if Daniher and Fantasia left the Dons?

Weren't they meant to be in the premiership window?
Shiel went to Essendon for money, If he wanted finals success/a flag, he would have stayed at GWS.

Funny how crusty old Sheeds made no mention of this 'dodgy deal' when paying out on us and the Judd/Visy deal.

Just another example of that crazy coot's hypocrisy.

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
Jun 4, 2006
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
at least sheedy is holding true to his feelings towards his old tribal adversary - we were the number one enemy back then - nothing we do will ever be seen as anything other than wrong, bad, devious or illegal - the exact way we look at * now.........he keeps rivalries alive by being such a stooge.........

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
at least sheedy is holding true to his feelings towards his old tribal adversary - we were the number one enemy back then - nothing we do will ever be seen as anything other than wrong, bad, devious or illegal - the exact way we look at * now.........he keeps rivalries alive by being such a stooge.........
He should charge rent for how much space we occupy in Sheedy's (small) brain :)

Top Bottom