No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I reckon it reeks of mediocrity and saving face for supporters.
I know there are a lot of * supporters who want Woosha gone.
No doubt the cows would have been eyeing Rutten off.
They know their list isnt as good as they’d hoped so now if things don’t work next season they have an excuse.
Why isn’t Rutten coach now? Surely if he’s good enough to take the reigns then, now is as good a time as any.
To be honest...if it helps with them (hopefully) having another typical * year next season, then all good from where I sit.

Generous. I was thinking he could distribute the oranges at half time.

Don't want him stuffing up our tactics by accidentally rubbing something off the whiteboard.
You are letting him near the food???

Blanket bans for all players as soon as AFL house fills in the paperwork

They know their list isnt as good as they’d hoped so now if things don’t work next season they have an excuse.
Why isn’t Rutten coach now? Surely if he’s good enough to take the reigns then, now is as good a time as any.
To be honest...if it helps with them (hopefully) having another typical * year next season, then all good from where I sit.
I kinda think * were hoping Woosha would walk out of sheer annoyance at the whole situation (reducing payout), he's called their bluff beautifully.

Very cynical.

It's genius......apparently.....

I don't mind the concept of the "handover" or "succession" year.

I do think there needs to be a very specific set of circumstances for it to be feasible.

The existing senior coach, with a year left on his contract, would need to have minimal opportunities elsewhere, or a desire to move away from coaching in the near future. They'd need to be performing well enough, or have a good enough track record, that their support would be of value to a new senior coach rather than teaching bad habits. And they'd need to have the integrity to remain fully engaged even when their input is disregarded at times.

The assistant coach, with aspirations for senior role, would have to believe they'd be benefited by working collaboratively with someone else for a season rather than just taking the reins entirely. They'd need to have clear strong suits to make them worthy of the role, but also be conscious of which areas they are lacking in and require support in developing. This points to someone who is highly regarded internally, but perhaps lacks the confidence to jump straight in.

You'd then need to ensure both individuals have clear expectations about what their responsibilities are, and a strong enough relationship that when their ideas or strategies clash they'll be able to work through it professionally and to the benefit of the team.

Presumably the new coach is the one to take you forward, so their ideas need to form the basis of what the club does in the transition year. I'd assume the best structure would be for the assistant to develop the game plan (with input from other assistant coaches), and the incumbent coach to simply assist with implementing and coaching it, and providing a sounding board when the new guy has questions.

Maybe Essendon are in that ideal situation and can make it work. I hope it all falls apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFAIC Trotsky has a striking resemblance to Brendan Goddard with a beard, hair, and glasses
Trots was run out of town and some of Stalin’s henchmen ‘caught’ up with him in Mexico and ended his life violently. Let’s hope BJ steers clear of psychotic despots in his post retirement pursuits. :oops:

Ha. Memories of this "gee..ius"....(1:17min)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's not that Botox Brad from those insufferable Sportsbet Ads ? Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe those commercials ??

Who is everyone's all time most disliked Essington player ? This is mine

images

Sean Denham a very close second, but there was something extremely annoying about Darren 'Spewick' that always grinded my years.

Probably my all time disliked player from any club

Who is everyone's all time most disliked Essington player ? This is mine

images

Sean Denham a very close second, but there was something extremely annoying about Darren 'Spewick' that always grinded my years.

Probably my all time disliked player from any club
Thread worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back