No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

I used to like and respect Woosha, but he clearly has been infected/brainwashed by the arrogance Essendon and its entitlement mentality.

I think it's perfectly fine and natural for any Irish lads to go home and play some Garlic footy with their friends and former teammates, provided they are properly prepared for injury prevention.000

We don't need more bad blood between the AFL and GAA.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I used to like and respect Woosha...
Why?

He's a chemist who coached a club with the worst in house drug problem, with the least interest in fixing it as long as results aligned on field. His tenure at WC has resulted in any number of his players being unable to move back to civilian life after their careers due to addiction and having not been provided any options for post career jobs. While they certainly can and do bear the consequences of their own decisions it is completely perplexing to me how Worsfold gets away scot free for his role there.

He was a leader. Many compare their coach to their father. He either didn't care, or didn't have an opinion, and that lack ruined any number of lives over there. Worsfold is - to my mind - the perfect match for Essendon, because he and they both have demonstrated utterly no remorse for their respective roles in their sordid history, and because both involved copious amounts of drugs consumed that may have had a role in improving onfield performance. And, if there was little to no oversight over WC's recreational activities, it certainly makes me wonder how a number of those players got as strong as they were, as fit as they were.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Why?

He's a chemist who coached a club with the worst in house drug problem, with the least interest in fixing it as long as results aligned on field. His tenure at WC has resulted in any number of his players being unable to move back to civilian life after their careers due to addiction and having not been provided any options for post career jobs. While they certainly can and do bear the consequences of their own decisions it is completely perplexing to me how Worsfold gets away scot free for his role there.

He was a leader. Many compare their coach to their father. He either didn't care, or didn't have an opinion, and that lack ruined any number of lives over there. Worsfold is - to my mind - the perfect match for Essendon, because he and they both have demonstrated utterly no remorse for their respective roles in their sordid history, and because both involved copious amounts of drugs consumed that may have had a role in improving onfield performance. And, if there was little to no oversight over WC's recreational activities, it certainly makes me wonder how a number of those players got as strong as they were, as fit as they were.

And he didn't want to coach us. Praise the football Gods.

Being a WA boy I have had a dislike for him as a player and coach, he was idolised in the Hird mould over there. Glad he is at *, they deserve each other.

* Also refers to them as a Chocolate starfish

ChrisKaias

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

I used to like and respect Woosha, but he clearly has been infected/brainwashed by the arrogance Essendon and its entitlement mentality.

I think it's perfectly fine and natural for any Irish lads to go home and play some Garlic footy with their friends and former teammates, provided they are properly prepared for injury prevention.000

I think it's perfectly fine for a coach to be annoyed that one of his players played organised sport without seeking permission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Why?

I have no doubt in my mind they were on something.

I remember someone saying they after a pre season they all of a sudden turned to men.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees

Nah mate, that’s a s**t thing to do and I’d be *ing ropeable if he was playing for us.

Ciaran Byrne had decided his career was finished, however, in his first game back playing Gaelic put himself out of competitive sport for 12 months. If he was still on the list at the time and played and injured himself that badly I would have been up on the rafters here baying for instant dismissal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Nah mate, that’s a s**t thing to do and I’d be f*n ropeable if he was playing for us.

Ciaran Byrne had decided his career was finished, however, in his first game back playing Gaelic put himself out of competitive sport for 12 months. If he was still on the list at the time and played and injured himself that badly I would have been up on the rafters here baying for instant dismissal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't he break his ankle whilst still listed and then retire? Retired on the 7th October, article on the 15th on CFC wishing him a speedy recovery after breaking his ankle at the weekend. Club came out a said they knew he was playing Gaelic?

Heard this morning that Essendon had wiped their debt and have lodged their first profit since 2011.
Have to say that was a pretty impressive effort, considering the debt they incurred from cheating.
Did they receive equalisation funds/assistance to help with the costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back