No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** em

They are mid table at best unless they refresh that list by releasing some value

DODO doesn't have the courage to undertake that strategy
They don't have a lot of value and will need to keep what little they have that doesn't retire.

Might get lucky if a few with currency like Saad, Merrett and Daniher ask to be traded. Won't leave them with much else they can afford to lose.

Ah, *.

The club that keeps on giving.

As poor as we've been for all but a few seasons this millennium they've got to be more disappointed.

Constantly talked up as premiership dark horses. A list manager and board who has constantly fuelled those expectations. Yet letting themselves and their brain washed supporters down at every turn.

*, please don't stop being you.

Last edited:

Now, there's a reason the comparison to Richmond could be apt; they - Richmond in 2016 - didn't stack up against the teams above them, either. They were mentally weak in each of the three years they made finals, and they struggled when sides brought pressure to them, so they changed their game from a time in possession game to a pressure game. It took astute coaching and a bit of innovation, but they created one of the cleverest gameplay innovations in AFL history; a means by which to exhaust an opposition through their own game.

Essendon are doing something different, and for all intents and purposes it looks as though they could be f’ed. After all, Richmond's key movers were in their prime in 2016, they weren't going to get more from Riewoldt or Cotchin and they traded Deledio; how were they going to respond without him to get them going when the game got hot, and who would make it work? We now know the answer to that; Dusty, and they built their games around him using his power as a weapon against tired players.

I hope you're right, and you're welcome to bookmark this and these posts to have a giggle at me in future. But I think there's more going on here, and they're at least 2-3 years before the good players truly start to taper off; they sort themselves out in that time, there's plenty of time to add layers or correct the coaching. They have enough there for me to be wary of their prospects.

You might be onto something ...

Just stumbled upon this:

1600581402314.png
1600581457645.png

Ladder Position: Richmond 13. Essendon 13.
Win % Richmond: 36% Essendon: 38%
Percentage: Richmond: 79.5. Essendon 79.2
Both lost their last 3 and only won 1 of last 5.

Ominous? ;)

Just stumbled upon this:

View attachment 966064
View attachment 966068

Ominous? ;)
I bloody hope not.

First indication will be whether they keep Merrett, Fantasia and Joe. They keep all three whilst adding to the list (with a Wines, Viney, Boek; an inside player with leadership chops) and they implement a gameplan that maximises what they do well - coupled with a blessed injury run, something Richmond needed to become what they are now - and they have every chance to be thoroughly superior to where they are now.

I bloody hope not.

First indication will be whether they keep Merrett, Fantasia and Joe. They keep all three whilst adding to the list (with a Wines, Viney, Boek; an inside player with leadership chops) and they implement a gameplan that maximises what they do well - coupled with a blessed injury run, something Richmond needed to become what they are now - and they have every chance to be thoroughly superior to where they are now.

Yep. There needs to be an "agree but don't like" button ...

Just stumbled upon this:

View attachment 966064
View attachment 966068

Ominous? ;)
Did Richmond win early games looking like premiership favorites after round six, then drop like a dead deer and miss / scrape into the eight, not going into the second week of the finals for ten years. If your answer is yes

Then I can see the comparison :p;):cool:

Did Richmond win early games looking like premiership favorites after round six, then drop like a dead deer and miss / scrape into the eight, not going into the second week of the finals for ten years. If your answer is yes

Then I can see the comparison :p;):cool:

Haha. Not sure about their start to the seasons, but I think they did narrowly scrape in and lose 3 straight elimination finals in the 3 years prior to 2016.

As you could probably tell, my comparison was fairly tongue-in-cheek and I'm not genuinely worried about the Bombers doing much next year.

Haha. Not sure about their start to the seasons, but I think they did narrowly scrape in and lose 3 straight elimination finals in the 3 years prior to 2016.

As you could probably tell, my comparison was fairly tongue-in-cheek and I'm not genuinely worried about the Bombers doing much next year.
Bit of tounge in cheek x 2
All those gun recruits and there still rabble
Can't take the smile off my face (pure bliss)

They only scraped in for the 2014 series. In 2013 they were half a game out of the top 4. And only 1 game out of the 4 in 2015.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Value bet of the day - Bombers for the spoon 2021. Get on before the players actually leave.

Players rumoured to leave Merret, Saad, Daniher, Hooker, Hurley and Fantasia.

Senior players filthy Tbell did get a send off after 13 years including one with a drug ban. Such a crappy way to treat someone who suffered for the club especially when they weren't playing for anything ( especially pride given the effort in that first half)

Rutten might be the first coach to have lost the players before he starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Value bet of the day - Bombers for the spoon 2021. Get on before the players actually leave.

Players rumoured to leave Merret, Saad, Daniher, Hooker, Hurley and Fantasia.

Senior players filthy Tbell did get a send off after 13 years including one with a drug ban. Such a crappy way to treat someone who suffered for the club especially when they weren't playing for anything ( especially pride given the effort in that first half)

Rutten might be the first coach to have lost the players before he starts.

Do you think they might ask Hird and Thompson back to steer the ship into clear waters, if Rutten is causing so much destruction.
Maybe Hird/ Thompson could also talk the players into staying, selling them the history and the culture of the place.
I don't know what your source is but that's great news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back