No Opposition Supporters All Things Essendon* - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Mondyboy

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Mid eighties it really started. A few games where they played real dirty. Never been forgotten or forgiven.
To put it another way, if my son or daughter brought home a Collingwood supporter I’d be annoyed but I’d get over it.

However, if they brought home a * supporter however there would be strong, strong words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo's my hero

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
To put it another way, if my son or daughter brought home a Collingwood supporter I’d be annoyed but I’d get over it.

However, if they brought home a * supporter however there would be strong, strong words.
They would have to convert to Carlton before I’d let them into the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happydude

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, VIkings, Ravens
WCE fans boo Jab, after he admitted the Drug saga was true and that he took part in the injecting program the year he won* the Brownlow. = Bad Fans, scum, who boos a champion?, he's a good guy tho.

* fans boo Pendles after losing a match on ANZAC day after letting the wobbles manhandle them in the 1st qtr = fair player, anyonr would, aren't we allowed to boo anymore?

AFL Club
Carlton
WCE fans boo Jab, after he admitted the Drug saga was true and that he took part in the injecting program the year he won* the Brownlow. = Bad Fans, scum, who boos a champion?, he's a good guy tho.

* fans boo Pendles after losing a match on ANZAC day after letting the wobbles manhandle them in the 1st qtr = fair player, anyonr would, aren't we allowed to boo anymore?
Time and place for everything..

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton

Why boo at all?

AFL Club
Carlton
That’s what I thought as well. They didn’t get over that moment and I must admit I was surprised a player at his level quite obviously played for a free kick...
Yep, we complain about the standard of umpiring but give players a free pass when they exaggerate contact, drop at the knees, throw themselves forward etc.

It’s the biggest blight on the game and adds to the difficulty of umpiring it.

It’s crept into the game more and more, having evolved from the Selwood shoulder shrug / knee drop. Each teams have players that do it, Murphy being our worst.

With some teams it’s inherent, the Bulldogs are the class leaders.

If you go back and watch last weeks game almost all of their on-ballers (Bont gets a pass here) exaggerate contact, drop at the knees, duck into tackles etc.etc.

As an example, the Newman / McLean push in the back, it was there and should have been paid, but McLean after feeling contact deliberately folds his left leg to fall forward with outstretched arms. It’s blatant exaggeration, and I hope, the reason it wasn’t paid.

Bailey Smith, looks like really good kid, but he’s already doing it. Exaggerating, throwing himself backwards in the tackle. I don’t know if he did it in juniors? I believed he was hard at it (not normally the type to do it) but at the Bulldogs it evolves into their game.

It goes a long way in explaining the Bulldogs free kick differential, it’s systematic in the way they play.

jezzajay

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Giants, Lakers
Yep, we complain about the standard of umpiring but give players a free pass when they exaggerate contact, drop at the knees, throw themselves forward etc.

It’s the biggest blight on the game and adds to the difficulty of umpiring it.

It’s crept into the game more and more, having evolved from the Selwood shoulder shrug / knee drop. Each teams have players that do it, Murphy being our worst.

With some teams it’s inherent, the Bulldogs are the class leaders.

If you go back and watch last weeks game almost all of their on-ballers (Bont gets a pass here) exaggerate contact, drop at the knees, duck into tackles etc.etc.

As an example, the Newman / McLean push in the back, it was there and should have been paid, but McLean after feeling contact deliberately folds his left leg to fall forward with outstretched arms. It’s blatant exaggeration, and I hope, the reason it wasn’t paid.

Bailey Smith, looks like really good kid, but he’s already doing it. Exaggerating, throwing himself backwards in the tackle. I don’t know if he did it in juniors? I believed he was hard at it (not normally the type to do it) but at the Bulldogs it evolves into their game.

It goes a long way in explaining the Bulldogs free kick differential, it’s systematic in the way they play.
Yeah this is a blight on the game no doubt!
I know Tippa is exciting to watch...but for those that bang on about him and how good he is I see this element in his game and I cant respect him purely based on this. Saw it again a couple of times in yesterdays game...the buckling of the knees to gain head high tackles...and from memory he didn't actually get free kicks for them which I am fine with.

teagueyubeauty

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
It's almost funny, given the outcry when Jab Watson was booed during the drugs saga..

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This in its complete entirety....if a club thinks of bringing Hird back as a coach then they get what they sow. It’ll be unrelenting

Top Bottom