No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm tired of * s**t, please break it down in under 2 sentences..
Hey *, you cheated and got caught.

Hey AFL, you tried to sweep it under the carpet, you got caught.

Anyone just see that there’s going to be a doco on Fox Footy called the "Baby Bombers"

"It was so special because we were so young" - K Sheedy

Yes, Kevin, and over the salary cap....

#scum
Yeah I saw it last night and I almost spewed.

Anyone just see that there’s going to be a doco on Fox Footy called the "Baby Bombers"

"It was so special because we were so young" - K Sheedy

Yes, Kevin, and over the salary cap....

#scum
We’re they brave yet?

Bombers finish season on a high note - The Age

Obviously haven’t learned any lessons, over to you WADA, again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s just something not right about this club and their supporters. I know so many * supporters that are likeable and perfectly reasonable people in everyday life but as soon as you start discussing football become the most detestable and unreasonable people you could imagine.

This is not just a once off but I’ve experienced this over and over again. Started for me back in the early 80s when we had a period where we could beat every team except for this filthy mob. We were winning premierships but still couldn’t beat these pricks.

Can’t stand ‘em.

This is SO true.

I haven’t been around as long as you to remember the 80’s much (I was born in 1980) but I grew up REALLY following footy and taking a keen interest in the early 90’s. when I used to be at primary school the only arguments you’d get into when talking footy were bombers* fans. I’d say that kouta took mark of the week and straight away a druggie fan would chime in and say it wasn’t as good as ‘insert druggie player here’. Christ, every bloody thing was a competition with them.

Once the drug saga started, boy oh boy things got REALLY interesting. All of a sudden from talking about football almost every week (when they lose there’s excuses and then we don’t discuss footy) we went to a blanket ban on the game. My lovely wife is a druggie supporter but cares not for the game at all. Her father was the person who got his kids into footy. When the drug saga was going, we spoke almost nothing on football. He’d tell me he’s never going to a game again. The afl has lost him forever. All these bullshit excuses to not talk about what his cheating mob did.

Anyway, we were discussing footy last week on Monday. They’d just been 110% eliminated from this years finals race, and I wanted to subtlety rub it in that if they’d just beaten teams like us, freo and the doggies they’d be close to a top 4 team. He said not to worry, because 1 of their players came out recently and said that they’ve learnt from their past mistakes losing to bottom teams and, because their culture is so good, it won’t happen again. And my father in law told me to watch out next year cause the bombers* will be a really quality side! And because they’re so arrogant and cocky, somehow things they say ALWAYS work out for them.

I had another discussion with a druggie supporting mate a couple of days ago. Mentioned I’d been listening to the podcast That Was The Season That Was 93. They had a fantastic episode interviewing David Parkin. He spoke at length about how they’d figured out our centre bounce game plan, and after the plans were lost, a blues supporter handed them back to the druggies, effectively ruining our day and as we all know, we lost the grand final. Parkin mentions that after we figured out they knew what we were doing, which took them after the 1st quarter to realise, we were on an even keel and might have actually outscored them. I tell this to mate, and he got really defensive saying how regardless whether or not they had our game plan, they were still the superior side that year! Not acknowledging AT ALL that after we worked out what they had worked out about our game plan, we actually beat them for the rest of the day. NO, it was that I had the nerve to question would they have beaten us IF they didn’t have our plan figured out. Anyway, I reminded him that they were also supposedly better than us in 99 and look how that turned out...

So in conclusion, they are EASILY the worst supporters in the competition by a long stretch. Those examples above are only tiny samples of the s**t I’ve had to listen to almost my whole life. This doesn’t happen with pies mates. Or tigers mates. Nor hawks, saints or demons mate. ONLY bombers* supporters act this way. Why...? I can’t tell you.

They are a shocking lot. Nailed all their trade targets last off-season, list in the prime age - and they missed finals.

Now they're mixing up the kool-aid and talking up 2019 something fierce. Look forward to it being a disaster for them.

I think the definitive attribute of Essendon fans is wildly over-rating their own world view and the exclusion of all else. For example, when they won the flag back in 2000 or whatever, my Essendon mates were deadly serious when they said that every player in their 22 should be in the All Australian team. Even the lousy ones who were made to look good in tiny bit-part roles, were apparently the best at what they did. No balance or perspective or awareness of what else was going on in the league.

We know Pies fans are feral. We know Tiges fans have gone from long-suffering to omni-present and obnoxious (but we'll allow it for now due to the long-suffering bit). We know West Coast fans are foaming-at-the-mouth rabidly one-eyed. And far out, I've had enough of Hawks fans.

Yet Essendon are still the worst of the lot, possibly because in their minds they think they're the hero of the story. The bravery of systematic drug-cheating. The honour and heroicism of utterly failing to deliver on this season's expectations.

* All said in fun.

They are a shocking lot. Nailed all their trade targets last off-season, list in the prime age - and they missed finals.

Now they're mixing up the kool-aid and talking up 2019 something fierce. Look forward to it being a disaster for them.

I think the definitive attribute of Essendon fans is wildly over-rating their own world view and the exclusion of all else. For example, when they won the flag back in 2000 or whatever, my Essendon mates were deadly serious when they said that every player in their 22 should be in the All Australian team. Even the lousy ones who were made to look good in tiny bit-part roles, were apparently the best at what they did. No balance or perspective or awareness of what else was going on in the league.

We know Pies fans are feral. We know Tiges fans have gone from long-suffering to omni-present and obnoxious (but we'll allow it for now due to the long-suffering bit). We know West Coast fans are foaming-at-the-mouth rabidly one-eyed. And far out, I've had enough of Hawks fans.

Yet Essendon are still the worst of the lot, possibly because in their minds they think they're the hero of the story. The bravery of systematic drug-cheating. The honour and heroicism of utterly failing to deliver on this season's expectations.

* All said in fun.
Nicely put!

* All said in fun.
Think about it this way, and you'll feel a little less annoyed by them.

They're precisely as deluded as we were, when we sacked Ratts for Malthouse, with roughly the same list demographics. They've got two, maybe three genuine talented kids in McGrath (who I still have severe misgivings for, because he's small, not fast, panics occasionally with ball in hand and is not a good kick) Parish and Merrett, but that's it. They've got their Henderson analogue in Hurley, their Tuohy analogue in McKenna, but they don't have Cripps or Docherty analogues just as we don't have versions of Hooker or Fantasia. Zaharakis for Murphy, they've Smith for Gibbs. Daniher is the only difference, and even then I don't see him as a match winner. He's the full forward version of Tom Mitchell; he kicks his goals when they're a long way in front or a long way behind, but then he's young.

They're a little younger than we were, but they're still stuck in that middle ground. Too s**t to rise, too good to sink, going absolutely nowhere and with severe issues in attitude, gameplan and list management. They don't defend the man, they don't defend the ground, and they don't like it when you pressure them. They don't work hard consistently, and they're not willing to bring it every week. What they have is a strong culture, not a good one; to change the culture you would have to break it, rebuild it from the top up, and they don't have the stomach for it. They're too proud, too confident in their own manifest destiny; of course they'll be successful, why couldn't they? Goddard personified their arrogance in his time with them; of course they'd win a flag with him, after the injustices done them!

They are our mirror image, except instead of having sucked it up and taken our lumps, dealing with the hands dealt us and fully - painfully - aware of our own shortcomings they are furiously defiant of any attempts to change, refusing it and only listening to inward facing voices and opinions. We've gone out of our way to get in views to determine our path; they've deliberately spurned any attempts to help them rebuild or trade in talent, believing in their own over the collective. They've isolated themselves.

At some point, things will change for us. We will improve, and we will be very, very good; our determination to embrace modern drafting, list management, our willingness to communicate and to assist other clubs and enhance trading relationships as well as actively seeking alternative viewpoints will drive this even if the current rebuild fails. But until they hit rock bottom, until they see the flaws in their ways, they will be destined to fall ever short, they will end up carrying the ladder for a long time, and they may never realise what they're doing wrong.

Think about it this way, and you'll feel a little less annoyed by them.

They're precisely as deluded as we were, when we sacked Ratts for Malthouse, with roughly the same list demographics. They've got two, maybe three genuine talented kids in McGrath (who I still have severe misgivings for, because he's small, not fast, panics occasionally with ball in hand and is not a good kick) Parish and Merrett, but that's it. They've got their Henderson analogue in Hurley, their Tuohy analogue in McKenna, but they don't have Cripps or Docherty analogues just as we don't have versions of Hooker or Fantasia. Zaharakis for Murphy, they've Smith for Gibbs. Daniher is the only difference, and even then I don't see him as a match winner. He's the full forward version of Tom Mitchell; he kicks his goals when they're a long way in front or a long way behind, but then he's young.

They're a little younger than we were, but they're still stuck in that middle ground. Too s**t to rise, too good to sink, going absolutely nowhere and with severe issues in attitude, gameplan and list management. They don't defend the man, they don't defend the ground, and they don't like it when you pressure them. They don't work hard consistently, and they're not willing to bring it every week. What they have is a strong culture, not a good one; to change the culture you would have to break it, rebuild it from the top up, and they don't have the stomach for it. They're too proud, too confident in their own manifest destiny; of course they'll be successful, why couldn't they? Goddard personified their arrogance in his time with them; of course they'd win a flag with him, after the injustices done them!

They are our mirror image, except instead of having sucked it up and taken our lumps, dealing with the hands dealt us and fully - painfully - aware of our own shortcomings they are furiously defiant of any attempts to change, refusing it and only listening to inward facing voices and opinions. We've gone out of our way to get in views to determine our path; they've deliberately spurned any attempts to help them rebuild or trade in talent, believing in their own over the collective. They've isolated themselves.

At some point, things will change for us. We will improve, and we will be very, very good; our determination to embrace modern drafting, list management, our willingness to communicate and to assist other clubs and enhance trading relationships as well as actively seeking alternative viewpoints will drive this even if the current rebuild fails. But until they hit rock bottom, until they see the flaws in their ways, they will be destined to fall ever short, they will end up carrying the ladder for a long time, and they may never realise what they're doing wrong.
Your just plain wrong man....

I feel much more annoyed just from reading that many words about that pack of scum....LOL :D

They may be as delusional as us AS A CLUB, but I'm referring to their ******* supporters.
Without even knowing who this Muppet followed, I got into a mini twitter argument. Some prominent reporter put on twitter we are front line to get McGovern. Some clown said who would want to come to the blues? I simply responded that we aren't all that far away from being prominent again and a guy his age who can see where we are going will be a great addition. He then said that we are crap and haven't been good since 2000 and that we only made finals because the druggies got kicked out of the finals!
I then knew I was dealing with a bombers* supporter, but decided not to go the "your team took drugs" route. I just explained that yes, we are currently no good. Injuries certainly didn't help our cause, but on the weekend gws and dees were vying for a home final. 5 years ago gws finished last with 1 win and 50%. Dees finished on 2 wins and slightly better %. I also explained that we did make finals under ratten legitimately and we're a kick away from a prelim final.
Surprisingly he confessed we were OK for a few years but are crap now, and if I think we will be good with our list (which I certainly do) then I'm delusional!!! I wished him the best and moved on. Can't reason with a deluded bombers* supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back