No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Wondered why they went after shiel when what they miss - big bodied mid- is what i thought they needed.
But have subsequently realised that since they rely on turnovers and speed and skill to spot up free players forward, they dont care about winning first possession that much. Game plan about getting ball at half back through numbers and then giving to their fast and skillful ball users. Adding shiel has given them another option going forward.
Kudos to them for fully embracing their game plan and not hybridizing it.

Interesting. Wondered why they went after shiel when what they miss - big bodied mid- is what i thought they needed.
But have subsequently realised that since they rely on turnovers and speed and skill to spot up free players forward, they dont care about winning first possession that much. Game plan about getting ball at half back through numbers and then giving to their fast and skillful ball users. Adding shiel has given them another option going forward.

It's a game plan which will be as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike in finals. IF it stands up enough times to get them there, which I doubt.

They haven't really beaten anyone yet but I'm worried the Bombers have clicked a bit - they look sharp.

I'm tipping them vs. Collingwood this week - media love them but Pies have been average this year and are getting by on talent.

Still think Bombers only have a 5th-10th list at best, but looks like anyone could pinch it this year giving them a chance (I'm still backing Richmond though).

Not what this thread is about.

What kind of thread do you think this is?

This is their typical early season bump before they disappear before running home hard and just missing the 8

They haven't really beaten anyone yet but I'm worried the Bombers have clicked a bit - they look sharp.

I'm tipping them vs. Collingwood this week - media love them but Pies have been average this year and are getting by on talent.

Still think Bombers only have a 5th-10th list at best, but looks like anyone could pinch it this year giving them a chance (I'm still backing Richmond though).
Pies set up behind the ball, they tackle, and they harrass you into making mistakes. If you make mistakes against them, their HFF are all going to torch you on turnover, provided all they do is lower the eyes. And Essendon still don't tackle or pressure; you can take the ball all the way from the backline to the forward line without encountering a single opposition player. They rely on their gamestyle encouraging their opponent into thinking that they too need to go at breakneck pace, and they make mistakes as a consequence of going too fast for Hurley to intercept.

Can't see them getting over the line against Collingwood, whose game when not on the turnover is chip chip chip until an option appears inside 50. Can't see them winning a final, not with their attitude to pressure.

How's their form on this Shiel deal? What a ******* joke. Judd and VISY copped all sorts of s**t meanwhile Essendon are still able to pull this kind of crap.

Media are reporting it's a measly $20k. Ricky Nixon - hilarious I know, but honestly of all the footy twats I have on Twitter he's actually the most accurate - is reporting it's 6 figures which I find far more believable.

s**t club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nowadays bending/breaching the rules is the default action for the Dopers. Having been reluctantly punished by the AFL for their doping program, they are of the belief that when caught cheating, the AFL will give them nothing more than a slap on the wrist. They are a club without an ounce of integrity.

I really dislike this whole rules for rules sake...fines?....just more grey area sh*t - if you aren't on the emergency list you are ineligible to play, simple.

Exactly. They should be stripped of the points, end of story. Or the game stopped, and the player in question ordered to leave the ground as he's not listed as a player in the match. Otherwise, why even bother naming the team, if you're just going to play whoever you like anyway.

Imagine hypothetically, if we were in the grand final, and Crippa is not named in the side because he's "injured". But lo and behold, he runs out with the team anyway and is instrumental as he usually is. Would that be fair? Hell no. But under the rules, would we be prepared to cop a fine to surprise the opposition like that in a grand final? Hell yeah!

How's their form on this Shiel deal? What a ******* joke. Judd and VISY copped all sorts of s**t meanwhile Essendon are still able to pull this kind of crap.

Media are reporting it's a measly $20k. Ricky Nixon - hilarious I know, but honestly of all the footy twats I have on Twitter he's actually the most accurate - is reporting it's 6 figures which I find far more believable.

s**t club.

100% spot on. Why when we gave Judd the "Visy deal" we were lambasted and belted upon by all and sundry in the media, yet when the bombers* do the exact same type of deal it's somehow not mentioned and seemingly is ok now? It's all part of the reason I hate them just as much as I love the blues.
I tell all I know that I follow 2 teams- the blues and whoever plays the druggies. Reluctantly I'm a pies supporter today, and I hope they ******* obliterate the filthy ******* cheating scumbags.
Funniest thing is, I was so happy we never gave GWS 2 first rounders for Shiel. He is not and NEVER will be worth that. Besides, I feel more than justified in my thoughts seeing Walsh killing it, whom we would've given up for a front running Judd-wannabe... * Shiel and * the bombers*

For those interested google Sandor Earl who is now playing rugby league for Melbourne Storm. He had Dank recommended to him when he was recovering from (I think) two shoulder reconstructions. He was later found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs and trafficking in those drugs (even though he only took the drugs from the supplier to his home).

There was a lot of argy bargy during the process involving the player, the NRL and ASADA. He was guilty but he offered to help with the investigation. This approach was detrimental to his position because the NRL and ASADA were looking for bigger fish to fry. He was stood down from playing in 2013 (he didn’t have to agree to this). He could have taken the infraction notice and kept playing. I think it took another two years for a hearing. He was suspended for four years in total. Two for taking banned substances and two for trafficking.

Interesting to compare this to * treatment.

For those interested google Sandor Earl who is now playing rugby league for Melbourne Storm. He had Dank recommended to him when he was recovering from (I think) two shoulder reconstructions. He was later found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs and trafficking in those drugs (even though he only took the drugs from the supplier to his home).

There was a lot of argy bargy during the process involving the player, the NRL and ASADA. He was guilty but he offered to help with the investigation. This approach was detrimental to his position because the NRL and ASADA were looking for bigger fish to fry. He was stood down from playing in 2013 (he didn’t have to agree to this). He could have taken the infraction notice and kept playing. I think it took another two years for a hearing. He was suspended for four years in total. Two for taking banned substances and two for trafficking.

Interesting to compare this to * treatment.

Essendon got off incredibly lightly when contrasted with Earl, Olympians, MMA fighters etc.
The biggest joke of all is that some of their supporters, to this day, feel as though they were treated unfairly.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back