No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my bloody mate wouldn't shut up when the Bombers held off the Demons in '04. My phone wouldn't stop ringing:

Nokia-7270b.jpg

Awww I loved those early Nokias. I was rummaging through some boxes a while ago and found my favorite. Had to charge it up of course, for old times sakes.
495b11e429e2fda924258ebe93356e2e.jpg

Have to hand it to Dodoro. 15 years without a final and he gets promoted. Unlike most jobs where you get found out in 2 years if you are no good recruiting takes closer to 8 (3 drafts 5 years down the track). In our case it was too late and the rebuilding list was cooked and it was time to start again.

Dodoro has been there doing just enough to keep his job, but the reckoning is coming.

No draft picks from the Drug cheating scandal
Things looked good early but Merrett has developed into a hair pulling chip scab, Fantasia has stalled with injuries and MTW goes missing in big games.
2014 picked 2 flankers that after 5 years they must be jsut about ready to pull the pin on.
2015 -2 top 10 draft picks that are under performing given where they were taken and 2 more flankers in the second round one who has shown a bit and 1 who is gone
2016 - Used pick one on a back pocket with dodgy skills when they could have taken a silky outside goal kicking mid or a complete mid. Picked up another flanker who has struggled for game time but has shown a bit.
2017 - Traded first 2 picks for 3 flankers when they needed inside mids who were available
2018 - Traded out of a superdraft and the year after to get a mid who torches the ball. Stats are pretty much the same as he delivered at GWS but doesn't seem the same player in a weaker midfield. * supporters seem disappointed given what they paid but that is the player he is. Don't see any up side.

If SOS was to take over he would be stripping back the deadwood and trading out the over rated players for draft picks ready for a genuine crack in 5 years. Anyone can build a list to make finals :)

Agreed … but Shirley you cannot call last night a final … it was an embaressment.

Agreed … but Shirley you cannot call last night a final … it was an embaressment.
your spelling is an embarrassment, tinny...…………..wift, ffs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to roast me, but i Would gladly take Aaron Francis at Carlton in a heartbeat. Feels like his talents are being wasted at that club of pelicans.

Always easy to “I want xxxx”.

The real questions are:

- what would you give up to get Francis?

and

- which of our other targets would you stop chasing because we’ve used those “trade chips” already?

How are the commentators suggesting Essendon are a young group on the rise?

Hurley, Hooker getting on.
Heppell, Merrett, Shiel good but are what they are.
Stringer is what he is - sometimes brilliant, often flawed
Saad is exciting but not improving. Neither is AMT.
Belcho is starting to get found out.

The improvement would look to be McGrath (fair enough) and Daniher.... where the hell else is it coming from?

By comparison, I’d say we have 15+ players who legitimately should improve next year.

I asked that question today.

My Essendon supporting mate pointed to the fact that Merret with be 25 next year.

I explained that I didn't believe that 1 player going from 24 to 25 surely isn't going to give much improvement.

That was scoffed at by 2 other Essendon supporting mates.

So the answer is Merret turning 25 next year will be the difference

I asked that question today.

My Essendon supporting mate pointed to the fact that Merret with be 25 next year.

I explained that I didn't believe that 1 player going from 24 to 25 surely isn't going to give much improvement.

That was scoffed at by 2 other Essendon supporting mates.

So the answer is Merret turning 25 next year will be the difference

So next year he will strong enough to actually pull dreadlocks out by the roots.

Yeah it's not to flash, maybe not as bad as what is it now, 5479 or more days of not winning any type of finals?

That was a main board post by an Eagles fan in response to a Bombers fan bumping his own thread asking 'why aren't Geelong good enough' ?

That was a beautiful return zinger I thought :D

“Words have Power”

FWIW - Amuses me how various football/media people refer to * 1 year ban.

Tim Watson, M Lloyd,* leaning journalists and PC AFL panderers - “Supplement Saga”

Sam Maclure, ASADA (and disappointingly few others) - “* Drug Scandal”

“Words have Power”

FWIW - Amuses me how various football/media people refer to * 1 year ban.

Tim Watson, M Lloyd,* leaning journalists and PC AFL panderers - “Supplement Saga”

Sam Maclure, ASADA (and disappointingly few others) - “* Drug Scandal”
Yeah supplement saga........puulleease.
These guys didnt inject vitamin b and magnesium.
It was PED's, peptides and human growth hormones only they destroyed (oh sorry....lost) the evidence.
******* cheats all of them, plain as day.
No sympathy for the club, admin or players. Guilty.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah supplement saga........puulleease.
These guys didnt inject vitamin b and magnesium.
It was PED's, peptides and human growth hormones only they destroyed (oh sorry....lost) the evidence.
******* cheats all of them, plain as day.
No sympathy for the club, admin or players. Guilty.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Even * Drug Scandal doesn't quite capture it.
Truth is "AFL Drug Scandal" given the alleged amount of arse protection the AFL embarked on. tip offs, cover ups, blind eye administration. ****en dopers and AFL notables got off lightly and some were never really held to account.
Just look at all those * scumbags and AFL hierarchy who bailed.
"Whatever it takes", and that included shafting the doper supporters and the footy loving public more broadly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back