No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, but not funny
Fair enough. I am eagerly awaiting the Royal commission findings. There is so much wrong with the industry.
Trouble is we cant actually afford to shut this mob down. No where to put the 7-8k customers.
Need to start belting them with significant fines. Bludgers pay virtually no tax...all offshore smoke and mirrors and provide S*** service to our most vulnerable.
Shareholders need to have a good hard look at themselves too.
I know, :angry:, nothing to do with the dopers, but they are scumbags of the highest order.

Last edited:
Listened to Sheedy's say on the "Sacked" series, always someone else's fault and likes to talk about other clubs shifty deals. Had to get rid of players due to poor planning for salary cap which cost him another 2 flags he reckons. Has his opinion on the drug saga but didn't give much as he said he is patient and hopes he is still alive to see the truth. Jab is still the Brownlow medalist and Fletcher was suspended for the year without being drug tested. Still doesn't understand the rules of WADA.

To me, it sounds like the AFL is paying him hush money, (he is still employed by them-World Ambassador) to not slander them re the DRUG saga. Kevin, the AFL were trying to help *, but WADA found them to run a systematic doping program of which not enough valid records were kept, not even to a standard of your local vet.
Hush money.......

Fair enough. I am eagerly awaiting the Royal commission findings. There is so much wrong with the industry.
Trouble is we cant actually afford to shut this mob down. No where to put the 7-8k customers.
Need to start belting them with significant fines. Bludgers pay virtually no tax...all offshore smoke and mirrors and provide S*** service to our most vulnerable.
I know, :angry:, nothing to do with the dopers, but they are scumbags of the highest order.

Totally agree with you, what I meant was that I did find it funny even though it shouldn't be.

Thankfully most homes are not run that way

Thankfully most homes are not run that way
The "not for profits", "community care" and those owned and managed by "faith-based" organisations are typically far better but the "for profit" businesses don't stack up as well. Unfortunately they have significant market share. Same story as the super funds..... profit agenda, shareholder interests rather than customer service.
Royal commission will likely define standards of quality care, staff ratios, staff qualification, more rigorous "independent" audit and hopefully funding needs.

Listened to Sheedy's say on the "Sacked" series, always someone else's fault and likes to talk about other clubs shifty deals. Had to get rid of players due to poor planning for salary cap which cost him another 2 flags he reckons. Has his opinion on the drug saga but didn't give much as he said he is patient and hopes he is still alive to see the truth. Jab is still the Brownlow medalist and Fletcher was suspended for the year without being drug tested. Still doesn't understand the rules of WADA.

To me, it sounds like the AFL is paying him hush money, (he is still employed by them-World Ambassador) to not slander them re the DRUG saga. Kevin, the AFL were trying to help *, but WADA found them to run a systematic doping program of which not enough valid records were kept, not even to a standard of your local vet.

Nothing will make me think otherwise that the trade period where they got rid of Blumfield, Caracalla and Heffernan, was nothing more than a Ron Evans engineered AFL boys club heads up that they had in fact broken the salary cap that year so you’d better clear the decks before we send Ken Wood in to do a “thorough TPP” audit.

:rolleyes:

Nothing will make me think otherwise that the trade period where they got rid of Blumfield, Caracalla and Heffernan, was nothing more than a Ron Evans engineered AFL boys club heads up that they had in fact broken the salary cap that year so you’d better clear the decks before we send Ken Wood in to do a “thorough TPP” audit.

:rolleyes:
Definitely the vibe you get when Sheedy talks about it, even though I have never thought it before. Why couldn't all the players just not take a pay cut to keep these blokes in? To me, it sounded like they had no choice but to get rid of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand the concept of delayed gratification! But next years final series starts in 356 days (assuming 3 Sept is first final) so the minimum days that * can be without reaching a final is 5843!

5843 is more delicious than 5487... :p

Let's not forget it's a leap year next year. :p

I understand the concept of delayed gratification! But next years final series starts in 356 days (assuming 3 Sept is first final) so the minimum days that * can be without reaching a final is 5843!

5843 is more delicious than 5487... :p

Don't rush it - the journey is so much more important than the destination :)

How would Shiel feel if Daniher and Fantasia left the Dons?

Weren't they meant to be in the premiership window?

Shiel went to Essendon for money, If he wanted finals success/a flag, he would have stayed at GWS.

Funny how crusty old Sheeds made no mention of this 'dodgy deal' when paying out on us and the Judd/Visy deal.

Just another example of that crazy coot's hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back