No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
rolling.gif

EHJGdwTUwAAkeNi

#Dodorotrades

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
IIRC, Mal Meninga did his first radio spot where they asked him where he stood on an issue.

After a couple of false starts trying to come up with an answer he threw his hands in the air, basically said “I’m stuffed” and ended his career.
It might be fatty Vautin your thinking of..
Nope ..Sorry Fatty s one was on the telly ..
It's a classic too..

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
yes - back then it was letter & telegram posting though...………..

When my uncle, best story teller ever, first arrived in Australia, was shunted off to Bonegilla with his wife and young daughter. Eventually settled in North Fitzroy

Six weeks later, wanted to write home to the family back in Perugia, Italy. Another Italian guy that spoke reasonable english, told him to go to a kiosk and ask for "one aerogramme" He practiced all day so he could get it right.

Striding proudly to the kiosk, he blurted out what he wanted, the guy gave him an aerobar chocolate. Not knowing what went wrong, he protested, and like all Italians, hands, fingers were involved, guy gave him a second aerobar

He looked at it and said * it, tonight I eat chocolate, mum will have to wait

Had to be there I guess

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Was Harry Valllence posting in the forum, in his days at Williamstown ?
yes - back then it was letter & telegram posting though...………..
BF went right off the day Soapy kicked 20 goals for Williamstown. The telegrams were flying thick & fast. The poor telegram chap went through 3 bicycles that weekend.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I watched the 2011 elimination final the other day. Boy that was sweet. Even better because more frees got them off to a great start and the * supporters thought they had a chance.

I remember sitting in the southern stand behind a * supporter with at least 10 badges on his bomber cap. The sound of my voice would still be ringing in his ears.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
I watched the 2011 elimination final the other day. Boy that was sweet. Even better because more frees got them off to a great start and the * supporters thought they had a chance.

I remember sitting in the southern stand behind a * supporter with at least 10 badges on his bomber cap. The sound of my voice would still be ringing in his ears.

Well, it is said that game was the catalyst for the supplements program. If there's one thing that absolutely can't be tolerated in * land, it's getting flogged by Carlton in a final. Something drastic had to be done. Whatever it takes.

The rest is history...

Blues_1864

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
31 days until 5,555

Pretty sure Daft Punk were thinking of Essendon when Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem was released in 2003 - just too many coincidences! Especially Veridis Quo - definitely set at Tullamarine (and ending at the underground "clinic across the road"), featuring Joe Daniher as Stella, and Dodoro as the Earl de Darkwood... well worth the 7 minutes :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back