No Oppo Supporters All Things Essendon* - Countdown to 6000 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

NewDarkNavyBlues

All Australian
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I watched the 2011 elimination final the other day. Boy that was sweet. Even better because more frees got them off to a great start and the * supporters thought they had a chance.

I remember sitting in the southern stand behind a * supporter with at least 10 badges on his bomber cap. The sound of my voice would still be ringing in his ears.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
I watched the 2011 elimination final the other day. Boy that was sweet. Even better because more frees got them off to a great start and the * supporters thought they had a chance.

I remember sitting in the southern stand behind a * supporter with at least 10 badges on his bomber cap. The sound of my voice would still be ringing in his ears.
Well, it is said that game was the catalyst for the supplements program. If there's one thing that absolutely can't be tolerated in * land, it's getting flogged by Carlton in a final. Something drastic had to be done. Whatever it takes.

The rest is history...

Blues_1864

All Australian
Oct 6, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
31 days until 5,555
Pretty sure Daft Punk were thinking of Essendon when Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem was released in 2003 - just too many coincidences! Especially Veridis Quo - definitely set at Tullamarine (and ending at the underground "clinic across the road"), featuring Joe Daniher as Stella, and Dodoro as the Earl de Darkwood... well worth the 7 minutes :) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thrawn

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2001
Melbourne, Australia.
AFL Club
Carlton
'member when * supporters used the excuse of WADA not going over the top because:

- WADA don't have enough finances to appeal a case of this magnitude.

- ASADA really had nothing and got it all wrong, WADA are going to slap them.

- WADA doesn't care about the AFL because it has no huge role in world sport, it's a backwater so why should they care eh.

- The public have moved on and don't want this to go on further.

- WADA knew it was some conspiracy with Vlad and Essendon haters out to get us because they're jealous of us and WE LOVE HIRDY!!

1571747627610.png

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I've read a lot on this saga over the past 6.5 years, but this report from Georgia Comensoli tonight is possibly the dumbest thing I've seen from the media. Not even Mick Warner said this means they 'technically didn't do anything wrong', then she starts rabbiting on about suing for lost earnings. The media wonder why nobody respects them...

Chris.

I don’t have the background nor the time to get my head around the details on this.

I really appreciate your contributions.

Please keep them coming.

agro

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, it is said that game was the catalyst for the supplements program. If there's one thing that absolutely can't be tolerated in * land, it's getting flogged by Carlton in a final. Something drastic had to be done. Whatever it takes.

The rest is history...

Strange that about 6 months later pretty much the same teams ran out on the MCG and the Drug Cheats managed a 15 goal turn around.

They still can’t tell us what drugs they took, but they know they weren’t illegal.

:rolleyes:

What was Sam Lonergan on that day as he rode Andrew Carrazzo into the turf and smashed his shoulder?

They are a bunch of stinking Drug Cheats that got off very lightly and were then rewarded with a number one draft pick.

Disgraceful.

Blue Pulse

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Loss of income, pretty sure they were all still getting paid, with bonuses to ensure they stayed with the club. They would have lost individual sponsorship deals and I would love to know which year Jab Watson was given his ambassador role at *FC. The players are innocent/naive with regards to believing that the club was doing the right thing by the ASADA code so if they want to sue someone, it should be the club.

And the drug in question was banned in 2010.ffs which bit of that do they not understand.

But the players never tested positive, nor did Ben Cousins, Chad Fletcher and a fair few of the other Eagle players.

Remove this Banner Ad