All things horse racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Then aren't you condoning cruelty to animals by the diet choices you're making?
No.
If you choose correctly the animals and the conditions they lived before their sacrifice you will understand there is no cruelty.
This is Australia and we have strict controls about how our livestock are kept and sacrificed.
That’s why I’m also against live exports. Other countries don’t have the respect for our animals final minutes that we do.
While you struggle to defend your approval of cruelty for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT, I know that eventually the racing industry will wither and die.
And I cite circus’s as the example. Years ago they were full of animals, kept in appalling conditions, simply to perform for human entertainment.
Those days are gone in Australia. Very few animal circus’s exist and they no longer have access to new “entertainers”.
You can continue to use the food chain as a defence for your desire to be entertained, but it’s a hollow defence.
Animals for entertainment, such a 19th century concept.

No.
If you choose correctly the animals and the conditions they lived before their sacrifice you will understand there is no cruelty.
This is Australia and we have strict controls about how our livestock are kept and sacrificed.
That’s why I’m also against live exports. Other countries don’t have the respect for our animals final minutes that we do.
While you struggle to defend your approval of cruelty for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT, I know that eventually the racing industry will wither and die.
And I cite circus’s as the example. Years ago they were full of animals, kept in appalling conditions, simply to perform for human entertainment.
Those days are gone in Australia. Very few animal circus’s exist and they no longer have access to new “entertainers”.
You can continue to use the food chain as a defence for your desire to be entertained, but it’s a hollow defence.
Animals for entertainment, such a 19th century concept.

But the animal is still bred, born and raised with the whole intention of being slaughtered? I'm struggling to see the humane side of the practice you are defending.

This 19th century concept is now worth billions upon billions of dollars, it ain't disappearing anytime soon sunshine.

But the animal is still bred, born and raised with the whole intention of being slaughtered? I'm struggling to see the humane side of the practice you are defending.

This 19th century concept is now worth billions upon billions of dollars, it ain't disappearing anytime soon sunshine.
You still haven’t put forward a defence for horse racing.
You’ve done plenty of probing my life choices, which I have graciously replied to.
This of course is the normal plan of attack of those who have no defence.
Time for you to defend your life choices.
And pure dollars isn’t a moral defence.

You still haven’t put forward a defence for horse racing.
You’ve done plenty of probing my life choices, which I have graciously replied to.
This of course is the normal plan of attack of those who have no defence.
Time for you to defend your life choices.
And pure dollars isn’t a moral defence.
your argument for letting cats loose is not helping this argument .. I love cats too but they hurt wildlife. that is incredibly cruel, they need to be kept inside

Bwwwaaahhhhahahahhahahhahaaaaa..
You'd be a fool to bet on the biggest race in the nation.
And now there's proof.
Lol.

If you bet on any race there is still a betting payout on the winning bets.
That some horses may or may not be tampered with doesn’t stop a payout for the winning bet.
Humans do all sorts of wrong things including in sports, horse racing, in every facet of life.

Just another hurdle to over come.

Ps you don’t think there’s cheats in football?

Starting to get a bit beyond the joke now.

Might be time for collective groups of punters to stop doing their dough. Hit the industry where it hurts and tell them to pull the * up.

Just how many incidents like this have we seen in the past year?

Corrupted industry. Doesn't matter if 90% of it is "clean". The greedy *ers ruin It for everybody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol.

That some horses may or may not be tampered with doesn’t stop a payout for the winning bet.
Humans do all sorts of wrong things including in sports, horse racing, in every facet of life.

Out of interest, how much money have you lost to horse betting if you're being honest?

Out of interest, how much money have you lost to horse betting if you're being honest?
Not sure $2 quaddie is setting me back much.

Ps it’s impolite to ask people about their financial affairs

Getting people to be honest about their gambling can literally save lives
You’re not being patronising are you?
Surely not?

I asked how much you gamble on horse racing.

Is that really offensive?
It is actually.

That aside, I answered.

$2 quaddie

I have a $2 early quaddie AND a $2 quaddie.

Haha take that saintly!
I also put $1 on every horse to win in each race so I am always getting something back.

#howtobeatthebookies
Yep and yep.

As long as you are happy, can manage it, and it’s small change to that individual, it’s nobodys business.

Lol.

I expected a defence of the corrupt industry.
What you are basically saying is “cheating/corruption in this industry is expected, and excused if you are lucky enough to fluke knowing who has the fix in”.
For the rest of the punters, bad luck.
And as the Melbourne Cup is the biggest mum and dad betting spree of the year, that’s a lot of bad luck for those not in the know.
I suppose the most disappointing thing about your reply Saintly, is the fact that your only defence is to try and blame the corruption/cheating in your sport can be mitigated by the same in other sports.
You would have earned some respect had you owned it and actually stated you were dissapointed and condemn these actions. But you didn’t. In fact you defended the actions.
Dissapointing, but over this whole thread/conversation, not surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back