Review All Things Horse Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes we all deserve a bit of good luck.

Well done.

:)
It was pure arse, just because of the Contract Racing Syndicate colours which all our other horses wore.
Not happy that David Moody is an owner though, he is not one of the good guys!

Stakes Day on Saturday.

:)

Lovely day.

Time to see out Flemington with a great day.

They must have created a pass for me

:D

CCEEEE07-333B-4C45-AB5E-73E838FC471D.jpeg

And thus another spring carnival closes.

Off to Sandown- good program always

If I was a horse today they’d have put up a screen.

Blair House, wherefore art thou? Burst through on the inside and seemingly fell in a hole covered with branches and leaves.

*sigh*

We live to fight another day.

How many years did Australia’s premier trainer torture his horses?
How many years did Australia’s premier trainer rig races?
How many years did Australia’s premier trainer rip off the average punter who thought he was betting on a fair race?
I’m betting plenty!
Just more proof that the industry is corrupt to the core.
And for those who dare defend this capture as “proof the system works”, I’ll just remind you of the minuscule amount of drugs stopped at our borders compared to the amount that gets through. And Governments throw huge dollars at that problem.
How much corruption is in the racing industry? Tip of the iceberg.

How many years did Australia’s premier trainer torture his horses?
How many years did Australia’s premier trainer rig races?
How many years did Australia’s premier trainer rip off the average punter who thought he was betting on a fair race?
I’m betting plenty!
Just more proof that the industry is corrupt to the core.
And for those who dare defend this capture as “proof the system works”, I’ll just remind you of the minuscule amount of drugs stopped at our borders compared to the amount that gets through. And Governments throw huge dollars at that problem.
How much corruption is in the racing industry? Tip of the iceberg.
if hes guilty hes a grub and deserves to be rubbed out for life. Given his previous indiscretions its not looking good for him.
Believe it or not us horse racing lovers want integrity in our racing. There is corruption yes. how much? who knows. I just hope its cleaned up so i can love it as much as i used to. But saying its the tip of the iceberg is going a bit far.

if hes guilty hes a grub and deserves to be rubbed out for life. Given his previous indiscretions its not looking good for him.
Believe it or not us horse racing lovers want integrity in our racing. There is corruption yes. how much? who knows. I just hope its cleaned up so i can love it as much as i used to. But saying its the tip of the iceberg is going a bit far.
Anything that has a profit incentive, and is run by humans, is open to corruption.
Add to that the premise that an animal can perform at its peak, no matter the human on its back, simply opens up much more opportunity to manipulate the result.
This case, as other cases before it, will hang one or two people while covering up that corruption and cruelty that is rife.
People in the know become multi millionaires, at the expense of the mug punter and the animal.
The tip of the iceberg is certainly an apt description.

Your statement of “his previous indiscretions” fills me with dread.
Not knowing these indiscretions I can only ask; why was he allowed to continue?
This is an industry based on honesty for the punter, and safety for the animals. Any indiscretion should be one strike you are out.

Anything that has a profit incentive, and is run by humans, is open to corruption.
Add to that the premise that an animal can perform at its peak, no matter the human on its back, simply opens up much more opportunity to manipulate the result.
This case, as other cases before it, will hang one or two people while covering up that corruption and cruelty that is rife.
People in the know become multi millionaires, at the expense of the mug punter and the animal.
The tip of the iceberg is certainly an apt description.

Your statement of “his previous indiscretions” fills me with dread.
Not knowing these indiscretions I can only ask; why was he allowed to continue?
Thi is an industry based on honesty for the punter, and safety for the animals. Any indiscretion should be one strike you are out.

Racing is like the AFL, it likes to turn a blind eye to things that put it in a bad light. I think this is totally the wrong approach, rub em out straight away and make sure everyone knows about it is the way to go so it shows you are trying to do things the right way. But in the end what will happen and what has happened in the past is that lawyers will get involved and they will run rings around the incompetently run industry and he might get away with it. I think they need to strengthen their integrity laws and also give much harsher penalties than they do now for everything so that its much more a deterrent to misbehave.
Its a shame, i think they have a great product if run openly and properly. Even you might enjoy a day at the races if it was done properly.

Anyway whats your opinion on the cricket? corrupt as well?

Racing is like the AFL, it likes to turn a blind eye to things that put it in a bad light. I think this is totally the wrong approach, rub em out straight away and make sure everyone knows about it is the way to go so it shows you are trying to do things the right way. But in the end what will happen and what has happened in the past is that lawyers will get involved and they will run rings around the incompetently run industry and he might get away with it. I think they need to strengthen their integrity laws and also give much harsher penalties than they do now for everything so that its much more a deterrent to misbehave.
Its a shame, i think they have a great product if run openly and properly. Even you might enjoy a day at the races if it was done properly.

Racing would benefit with more powers via legislation. The Hong Kong path would be of benefit.
That said, at least regardless of name, status, racing is prepared to question and if appropriate charge rule breakers.

Humans do have a habit of cheating. Essendon the football example. Storm running their salary cap in Rugby.
The Olympics....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Racing would benefit with more powers via legislation. The Hong Kong path would be of benefit.
That said, at least regardless of name, status, racing is prepared to question and if appropriate charge rule breakers.

Humans do have a habit of cheating. Essendon the football example. Storm running their salary cap in Rugby.
The Olympics....
Pretty sure most of those examples are humans.

You know, choice & all that.

AFL and Cricket don’t involve animal cruelty.
I know you want to defend the indefensible, but trying to divert attention from this animal cruelty are just wont work.

P.S. several years ago my employer wanted to do our Christmas party at the Tatura races. I told them they were welcome to do it, and they should do it as others wanted it done, but I wouldn’t be attending.
They changed plans.
Don’t for a minute think this is a recent revelation for me. I know this industry is corrupt and cruel. Known it for years. Unfortunately the current headlines will fade and animals will continue to be abused.

AFL and Cricket don’t involve animal cruelty.
I know you want to defend the indefensible, but trying to divert attention from this animal cruelty are just wont work.

P.S. several years ago my employer wanted to do our Christmas party at the Tatura races. I told them they were welcome to do it, and they should do it as others wanted it done, but I wouldn’t be attending.
They changed plans.
Don’t for a minute think this is a recent revelation for me. I know this industry is corrupt and cruel. Known it for years. Unfortunately the current headlines will fade and animals will continue to be abused.
i will respect your opinion on animal cruelty when you keep your cats inside. (and cats are my favorute animals)

lol i have already defended horse racing and animal cruelty 100 times on this thread, there is nothing more to say cos it wont change your opinion. but cats cause damage to wildlife and that is cruelty and you are being irresponsible.
So animals, doing what animals do, can be equated to giving horses electric shocks to run faster?
I thought brown snakes biting my cats was cruelty. But they are just doing what comes natural.
Unlike tasering a horse.

Hey saintly re winx

Imagine a race with
Winx
Happy clapper
Verry elegant
Mystic journey
Avilius
Autumn sun
Hartnell
Weight for age 1600 to 1800

Who wins?
Weight for age?

Winx by two lengths to Mystic Journey and The Autumn Sun, Hartnell and Happy Clapper another half-length off. Verry Elleegant and Avilius about 4L off.

Weight for age?

Winx by two lengths to Mystic Journey and The Autumn Sun, Hartnell and Happy Clapper another half-length off. Verry Elleegant and Avilius about 4L off.

How much weight pull would those horses get
Say
Winx 58
Hartnell and clapper 59
Autumn sun 54?

Don't rekin winx could give 6 or 7 kilos to mystic journey or verry elegant

Be better than watching winx beating little

Like watching
Suns vs ?

Hey saintly re winx

Imagine a race with
Winx
Happy clapper
Verry elegant
Mystic journey
Avilius
Autumn sun
Hartnell
Weight for age 1600 to 1800

Who wins?

Winx by 5 to 8 lengths. Easily, she’s just too good. Sublime talent and tough.

Really it’s a question of who comes second?

If it’s in two weeks in Sydney, I’d say Avilius. But be interesting to watch Mystic Journey and how she goes.

How much weight pull would those horses get
Say
Winx 58
Hartnell and clapper 59
Autumn sun 54?

Don't rekin winx could give 6 or 7 kilos to mystic journey or verry elegant

Be better than watching winx beating little

Like watching
Suns vs ?
Weight For Age (WFA) in theory it’s all evened out for age etc. though Winx gets weight off fir being female.

Handicaps are a different beast. They are designed to give the best more weight to give the least a chance of winning.

These days handicaps are too compressed anyway so the better horse is not penalised as much as the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back