Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Jones ducked his head on the weekend yet no-one singled him out on here, yet when I see Watts do anything that can be considered remotely soft he gets jumped on.

I don't think Watts is anything like Cross/N Jones but it is a bit silly how he gets singled out so much, even by our supporters.

Matt Jones ducked his head on the weekend yet no-one singled him out on here, yet when I see Watts do anything that can be considered remotely soft he gets jumped on.

I don't think Watts is anything like Cross/N Jones but it is a bit silly how he gets singled out so much, even by our supporters.
Matt Jones has been rubbish two weeks in a row. I haven't singled him out because the kents in the VFL aren't forcing him out of the team. Didn't see the head duck.

Matt Jones has been rubbish two weeks in a row. I haven't singled him out because the kents in the VFL aren't forcing him out of the team. Didn't see the head duck.

Matt Jones worked his ass off in the first half on the outside
Its up to Toumpas, Blease and at a stretch Dom barry to force him out

Also Rohan Bail has been really good the last month, Still cant kick for s**t but he is really working hard on the outside and getting involved

I wonder how many posts this thread will have by the end of his career.

3/4 of them will be vitriol, hyperbole, inflammatory, ignorant, asinine, antagonistic or rhetoric. The rest will be balanced opinion.

Well maybe 10% of the rest will be.

It would be cool to have a 74+ page thread about you though.

TJ was one of the biggest downhill skiers to ever play for us. The guy was massively over rated.

Finished 4th in the Brownlow in his 5th season
He won the Best and Fairest in 2005

Only had 2 top 10 BNF finishes, Still better than Jack Watts at the moment which is why im so hard on Watts
That is not a career befitting the talent

You are ignoring the fact that TJ was capable of destroying the odd game something that Watts hasn't done once yet

It would be cool to have a 74+ page thread about you though.
Who says it isn't?

Enter Jack Watts conspiracy theory #1.

Now that would make a thread!

Only had 2 top 10 BNF finishes, Still better than Jack Watts at the moment which is why im so hard on Watts

You are ignoring the fact that TJ was capable of destroying the odd game something that Watts hasn't done once yet
Yze was 3rd & TJ was 6th in the Brownlow that year. Both who was equally gifted but Yze just put it together more often but still not as much as we'd have liked.

Against Carlton in the Kreuzer cup TJ dominated. Odd for his performances is the operative word but he did have the same unlimited/untapped talent as Watts. I'd have to say though that despite a B&F (8th season) TJ has not been anywhere near as consistent as Watts & thats saying something considering Watts form at times the last 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts also was allowed to play a couple years loose behind the footy where as Tj never had that luxury

Anyway Watts has the exact same feel as Tj albeit a little less prone to shocking brain farts
That's why I refuse to pump his tyres too yet because he is Still in 3rd gear an he slips into neutral too often still

If he can hit first gear and limit his slipping to 2nd and 3rd there aren't going to be many who stop him

Yze :(

Probably up there as the most freakishly talented players I've seen for us who couldn't make a mark often enough

Matt Jones worked his ass off in the first half on the outside
Its up to Toumpas, Blease and at a stretch Dom barry to force him out

Also Rohan Bail has been really good the last month, Still cant kick for s**t but he is really working hard on the outside and getting involved

Exactly, Matt Jones was one of our few players who was running consistently in the first half and trying to get the team moving forward

When I say you, I mean me.
uNX5Dmv.png

TJ was a complete receiver, couldn't win a hard ball to save his life, and took glory for the hard work of others. This is shown by his complete lack of talent at Brisbane.

Watts is closing the gap between his best and worst, and now starting to play at a minimum but higher standard each week. His last 6 weeks have been consistent. We haven't seen any of those poor one on one efforts like we did against GC. I've been to the last 2 games and have watched Watts off the ball and his work rate has been better than ever and he has been working dam hard to work hard to space and provide a marking option across the wing.

People need to get over the fact he will never been and a bang and crash type like Nathan Jones, in fact i don't want to see Watts consistently at the bottom of packs, like crossy or mckenzie will do, as long as he puts his body on line when required. His strengths are his speed, agility in traffic, ball use and footy smarts.

Watts is closing the gap between his best and worst, and now starting to play at a minimum but higher standard each week. His last 6 weeks have been consistent. We haven't seen any of those poor one on one efforts like we did against GC. I've been to the last 2 games and have watched Watts off the ball and his work rate has been better than ever and he has been working dam hard to work hard to space and provide a marking option across the wing.

People need to get over the fact he will never been and a bang and crash type like Nathan Jones, in fact i don't want to see Watts consistently at the bottom of packs, like crossy or mckenzie will do, as long as he puts his body on line when required. His strengths are his speed, agility in traffic, ball use and footy smarts.

No one is asking him to be Nathan jones
Just asking that he doesn't meekly lose 50/50 contests or even 70/30 ones

TJ was a complete receiver, couldn't win a hard ball to save his life, and took glory for the hard work of others. This is shown by his complete lack of talent at Brisbane.

While your are entitled to your opinion. You are so far off the mark its laughable. Trapper is the best kick of a ball under pressure i've seen play for the Dees in my 35 years of following them. Yes he was laconic. But he was never just a receiver. He had a great nack of holding off until an option presented. The tackler actually had him, and could still hit a 30 metre target while he was being slung. People forget how good he was at his best. Injuries cruelled him as well.

While your are entitled to your opinion. You are so far off the mark its laughable. Trapper is the best kick of a ball under pressure i've seen play for the Dees in my 35 years of following them. Yes he was laconic. But he was never just a receiver. He had a great nack of holding off until an option presented. The tackler actually had him, and could still hit a 30 metre target while he was being slung. People forget how good he was at his best. Injuries cruelled him as well.

Second best. Watts is the best kick of the footy I've seen. Bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back