Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's incredibly unlikely to happen, but I hope we're at least asking the question as to whether or not Thompson would consider working under Roos.

He didn't have a role at Essendon, what the hell would he do here? He wants a proper role and as good as he is, I don't think there is one for him here.

He didn't have a role at Essendon, what the hell would he do here? He wants a proper role and as good as he is, I don't think there is one for him here.
I agree, but I still hope we've asked the question. If there's a role that we can create for him that he'd be happy in, do it. Again I realise it's unlikely but we've had a pretty good record with coaching coups since Roosy came on...

Wouldn't want Thompson anyway to be honest.

He's going batty.
He was 'eccentric' when everyone liked him.

Have you met him and can therefore verify this, or are you just judging it off his media personality and what Paul Little and James Hird + disciples think?

Cap on coach payments about to be implemented. As well as no clear role that would appeal to him greatly.

Would've been interesting if he became available and we didn't have Goodwin locked in.

He was 'eccentric' when everyone liked him.

Have you met him and can therefore verify this, or are you just judging it off his media personality and what Paul Little and James Hird + disciples think?

I'm going off his media performances this year and the articles eluding to it.

His speech at the B&F was nothing short of shameful.

I'm going off his media performances this year and the articles eluding to it.

His speech at the B&F was nothing short of shameful.
Haven't seen it, really?

From the outside it looks like Thompson being around would undermine Hird being top dog, when the majority of externals to Essendon would sooner see Hird turfed and Thompson in the gig.

Haven't seen it, really?

From the outside it looks like Thompson being around would undermine Hird being top dog, when the majority of externals to Essendon would sooner see Hird turfed and Thompson in the gig.

He basically said he wants the job, but not reporting to Hird. It was a big stab in the back. You can google/YouTube it.

His refusal to pay the AFL fine makes me very concerned as well.

Definitely don't want..

interesting interview conducted by Jon Ralph with Roosy on the Herald sun's website, was a very interesting read. Roosy answers all the questons i hoped he would be asked (asides from Jones's contract negotiations) Anyway i'm not going to quote it because there plenty of good stuff and opinions in there, but here's the link worth having a read;
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...essful-afl-draft/story-fni5f91a-1227139422612

interesting interview conducted by Jon Ralph with Roosy on the Herald sun's website, was a very interesting read. Roosy answers all the questons i hoped he would be asked (asides from Jones's contract negotiations) Anyway i'm not going to quote it because there plenty of good stuff and opinions in there, but here's the link worth having a read;
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...essful-afl-draft/story-fni5f91a-1227139422612

Was it just me or did anyone else get annoyed with the tone of Ralphs questions? It was like he was trying to put us down with every chance he could get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it just me or did anyone else get annoyed with the tone of Ralphs questions? It was like he was trying to put us down with every chance he could get.

Didn't really notice it myself. He mentioned the word 'catastrophic' when talking about our high draft pick development but that's pretty well known.

Interesting article, especially the part about the Goodwin development plan. So glad Roos is there for the two years to help ease him into it

I don't mind too much if we still get scornful questions and treatment from the media. I mean, honestly, we have been the absolute jokes of the competition for 7 years now. We can ask for respect when we actually achieve something. You have to earn respect and we have a hell of a lot of earning to do.

So when is Brendan mcartney's first day? The more time he spends with brayshaw, petracca, stretch, ANB, viney, Salem, JKH, Hoges, Tyson the better (ps how's that for some young talent? DAMN SON. Ps reckon we can flip the results from last year's games against the doggies with bmac now in our corner.

So when is Brendan mcartney's first day? The more time he spends with brayshaw, petracca, stretch, ANB, viney, Salem, JKH, Hoges, Tyson the better (ps how's that for some young talent? DAMN SON. Ps reckon we can flip the results from last year's games against the doggies with bmac now in our corner.
I'm bloody pumped to see what he can do with guys like Toumpas, even though I'm not a Dees fan. Even without Macca, guys like Brayshaw, Viney, Hogan, Tyson etc, they're just full of talent and they have the drive to be great footballers without necessarily needing an outstanding development coach.

He's in the role that he was born to play - he'll work his magic with guys like that now. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Roosey's got the stuff! (like this)

2564g7s.jpg

I'm not pumped about roosys tenure ending at the end of next year

he will stick around in some capacity. No way hes going to just walk away with no official role after all the hard work he will have put in and to witness all the players he developed push on to give the Dees success.

maybe Director of Coaching or maybe head up a Demon Academy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back