All things Peter Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

A good interview on 3AW with the quiet achiever PJ.

His thoughts on the team, coaches, the past, Casey relationship and the Goodes saga which he eloquently summed up and displayed great perspective.

Should be compulsory listening for any MFC fan. PJ tells it as it is

So during the week, PJ (who usually stays away from the media) promised that our players would respond this week and that we are past the stage of honourable losses.

Meanwhile, old mate Goodwin comes out with this after a 46-point loss.

There's pretty clearly a disconnect between the admin and the coach, at this stage. Generally you want your coach to do the talking and the CEO to stay away, but Jackson has only ever talked sense since joining the club. His comments stand in pretty clear contrast with the waffle we get from Mahoney and Goodwin. I'd be fascinated to know what PJ thinks of last night, but I doubt he rocks the boat by coming out and saying it.

What was the question Goodwin was asked when he gave that answer. If he was talking purely about our defence I completely agree with that assessment. If he's talking about the game in general it doesn't wash as well.

What was the question Goodwin was asked when he gave that answer. If he was talking purely about our defence I completely agree with that assessment. If he's talking about the game in general it doesn't wash as well.

Our defence gave up 102 points lol still s**t

Our defence gave up 102 points lol still s**t

Did you read what I said? The quote was "I thought it was a step forward, for three quarters, from last week.

We hung in there in the second quarter. It wasn’t our best footy but sometimes you just need to hang in there."

If he's talking about our defence I agree that it was an improvement for three quarters over last week. The last quarter was the same as last week. Our players just stopped. They knew the game was over and didn't have enough self-respect to keep playing with any intensity or effort.

Did you read what I said? The quote was "I thought it was a step forward, for three quarters, from last week.

We hung in there in the second quarter. It wasn’t our best footy but sometimes you just need to hang in there."

If he's talking about our defence I agree that it was an improvement for three quarters over last week. The last quarter was the same as last week. Our players just stopped. They knew the game was over and didn't have enough self-respect to keep playing with any intensity or effort.

I think if our coach is back to using the 'winning quarters' argument we are ****ed. Same attitude the players use during games.

Serious question, has there ever been a better looking bald head? It's smooth, it shines, it should be the preferred state of any man losing his hair.

Bugger, but he has stayed on a lot longer than he initially said he would so that's fair enough. He has changed the administration of the club from amateurish to professional, we were very lucky he came along when he did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"It is understood chief financial officer David Chippindall and football manager Josh Mahoney would be considered possible internal candidates for the role."

From the AFL website. Pls no.

"It is understood chief financial officer David Chippindall and football manager Josh Mahoney would be considered possible internal candidates for the role."

You can see them being the internal staff that "get and interview for the experience, and to keep them happy" but are no chance of getting the job. If they were, would they be talking extensive recruitment and handover periods?

Early days

Wouldn't be surprised if it's an internal candidate, but my money is on one of our other senior managers .

Wouldn't be surprised if it's an internal candidate, but my money is on one of our other senior managers .
I remember Jacko stating he wants to set the club up and have a succession to his CEO appointment, similar to the coaching succession

Would prefer a proven CEO, we have the right people in place now so it will be someone that can come in and continue to grow the clubs brand and finances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back