All things Peter Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Tom Gillies
85494186.jpg

Do not want. Have heard some really poor things out of ACA. If looking at Player Associations, Prendergast is the guy...
What have you heard? ACA seemed to be rapt with the angle on the player payments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have you heard? ACA seemed to be rapt with the angle on the player payments.

They did well to retain the revenue share, however let's not forget that they already had it in the first place - not like NRL or AFL, where the Player Associations managed to secure a share for the first time, as per cricket and Rugby.

I follow ACA closely from a comms perspective, and they can appear to be reactive rent-a-quotes, with President Greg Dyer riding roughshod whenever he feels like saying something. From a digital perspective, their presence is far from impressive either, and there just seems a limited amount of impetus from Nicholson compared to others in that industry.

When you then look at the challenge of running an AFL Club, I just don't believe he is the right choice - just my opinion. I think having a crack at an established AFL CEO should be the first option - there should be plenty willing to move to a sleeping giant in a premiership window - and outside of that, I'd be looking at the best Football Managers in the country, whether that's Josh Mahoney or otherwise.

Greg Denham reporting that he's been replaced.

Melbourne have appointed former Collingwood chief executive Gary Pert as their new CEO.

He was endorsed by the Demons board on Wednesday after being described as the standout candidate from a short-list of five. Pert, who comes with the blessing of the AFL, will replace Peter Jackson, who is contracted until the end of October.

Jackson was approached by the AFL in April 2013 to take over at Melbourne, who were in crisis. In Jackson’s first full year, the Demons finished $285,000 in the black, then made $562,000 the following year before recording a positive result of $720,000 in 2016.

Last year Melbourne’s profit soared to $1.36 million and a similar result is expected this year.

Pert vacated his role at Collingwood last July after 10 years. Under his leadership, membership at the Magpies almost doubled, while commercial growth blossomed.

The Demons considered Pert the perfect fit for a club on the rise, as well as his expertise in new facilities as Melbourne is set to announce plans for a new training and administration base away from their current set-up at the MCG and adjacent AAMI Park.

Pert, 53 and a former Fitzroy and Collingwood All-Australian defender, was responsible for a number of achievements during his decade in charge at Collingwood, including posting operating profits every year under his watch.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/68649ee439ab0d2089c14a54d5aa3b7e

Collingwood fans don't rate him highly at all according to the thread on their board. Will back PJ in, but was hoping for a safe pair of hands in PJs mould rather than a personality.

Collingwood fans don't rate him highly at all according to the thread on their board. Will back PJ in, but was hoping for a safe pair of hands.
Collingwood fans blame him for Bucks being trash. Never mind their coach, recruitment or continued blame of football managers...

This is an absolutly terrific appointment. Was always kind of jealous of his passion at Collingwood, meanwhile we had turbulence and infighting year after year. He takes over from PJ with our membership at record highs(yet still well down on where it could be), a team on the cusp of finals, financially dependent and a stable back room. At 53, he could potentially be our CEO for a decade, and if he is, I can absolutely foresee success on and off the field for this club the likes of which we have only dreamt of.

Oh and dont take too much to heart what Collingwood supporters say about his failings, we are quick to forget essendon supporters said similar about Jackson.

This is an absolutly terrific appointment. Was always kind of jealous of his passion at Collingwood, meanwhile we had turbulence and infighting year after year. He takes over from PJ with our membership at record highs(yet still well down on where it could be), a team on the cusp of finals, financially dependent and a stable back room. At 53, he could potentially be our CEO for a decade, and if he is, I can absolutely foresee success on and off the field for this club the likes of which we have only dreamt of.

Oh and dont take too much to heart what Collingwood supporters say about his failings, we are quick to forget essendon supporters said similar about Jackson.

Pert is a good pick up for you guys - if he's given a clear run at it. He was unfairly blamed for the lack of on-field success (a lot of other factors there) but he did help Bucks with his transition out of the MM era which included turning over the list.
And you can't fault his off-field successes. I still think PJ is better but he's not an option anymore.

Only other advice I'd give is to tell players not to park in the CEO car park!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back