All things Politics

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well if examining existing legislation, processes and generally shaking up the status quo is what you want to do as Black_White says thats what needs to be done then the Senate is the place to do it.

As long as you have the patience and indulgence of a saintly grandmother that is, some of the absolute rubbish they carry on with in there is...well actually its not too dissimilar to bigfooty, so we'd all totally hit the ground running on towards national domination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its actually ridiculously easy to set up your own political party and get your candidates and party on the voting ticket in whatever and however many electorates you care to have someone stand. All you need is 500 members on the electoral role and pay your $500 and shazam, youre on the ballot. I reckon we'd easily be able to scrounge up 500 party faithful just out of this forum. And given the convoluted preference voting scheme we'd likely get a couple MPs elected too 😂
So what’s our platform?
Send Carlton to Christmas Island?

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/backstory/investigative-journalism/2019-06-08/federal-police-raid-abc-office-john-lyons-live-tweeting/11192898
Back to the serious stuff.
This warrant was so broad that there seemed nothing that the AFP could not seize or take.

In fact, the warrant even gave the AFP the power to delete ABC documents if they so chose.

Or to add to them.

Or to alter them.
Add to them? Alter them?
In the old days that was called verballing.
What type do society do we have when we allow the police to delete, alter or add to documents that may be used in a court case?

Baltimore Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Religion in Politics
Christian activist: Sin is to blame for extreme weather, not climate change

During an appearance in The Jim Bakker Show this Tuesday, Christian activist and author Mary Colbert said that the subject of climate change is being used by Satan to distract people from the fact that the End Times are fast approaching.

“The devil knows what is in the word of God,” she said.

“I truly believe that because he knows what the word says—that toward the End Times, earthquakes, tornadoes, storms, all these things are going to happen as the birth pangs of the return of Jesus Christ—now the enemy is trying to change that narrative for the mindset of the people that this has to do with climate change, so that they can believe it’s something outside of their control that is happening,” she continued.

According to Colbert, people need to repent of their sins in order to “delay” the coming tribulations.

“Repentance would delay things, but because of this hard-heartedness and evil that is increasing, the birth pangs of the earth are getting worse,” she said. “It has nothing to do with coal, it has nothing to do with climate change, it has to do with the sin nature that’s increasing in the earth.”

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Religion in Politics
Christian activist: Sin is to blame for extreme weather, not climate change

During an appearance in The Jim Bakker Show this Tuesday, Christian activist and author Mary Colbert said that the subject of climate change is being used by Satan to distract people from the fact that the End Times are fast approaching.

“The devil knows what is in the word of God,” she said.

“I truly believe that because he knows what the word says—that toward the End Times, earthquakes, tornadoes, storms, all these things are going to happen as the birth pangs of the return of Jesus Christ—now the enemy is trying to change that narrative for the mindset of the people that this has to do with climate change, so that they can believe it’s something outside of their control that is happening,” she continued.

According to Colbert, people need to repent of their sins in order to “delay” the coming tribulations.

“Repentance would delay things, but because of this hard-heartedness and evil that is increasing, the birth pangs of the earth are getting worse,” she said. “It has nothing to do with coal, it has nothing to do with climate change, it has to do with the sin nature that’s increasing in the earth.”
Apparently god is super powerful.
Like super powerful man.
So why doesn't he just destroy the devil.
I mean like he just clicked his fingers and created everything, but for some reason he can't handle the devil.
I reckon we should all become satinists. God seems too scared to phuck with him so in my eyes he is the stronger guy.
While I am at it. Why would Satan punish me to eternal burning and schitt if I sin. Isn't that exactly what he wants me to do.
Dude when I go to hell I think Satan will welcome me with a nice cold beer and who knows, maybe even seven virgins.

Baltimore Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently god is super powerful.
Like super powerful man.
So why doesn't he just destroy the devil.
I mean like he just clicked his fingers and created everything, but for some reason he can't handle the devil.
I reckon we should all become satinists. God seems too scared to phuck with him so in my eyes he is the stronger guy.
While I am at it. Why would Satan punish me to eternal burning and schitt if I sin. Isn't that exactly what he wants me to do.
Dude when I go to hell I think Satan will welcome me with a nice cold beer and who knows, maybe even seven virgins.
1560398296106.png

Baltimore Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah Australia...Sun, Wind. We’ve got it all.
So why are the Poms killing us?
Far less religious fanatics and climate change deniers in Britain (although they still have many) than we have here in Aus

We actually have parliamentarians who refuse to believe climate change is real.....they should be jailed, just like any other murderer

Quicky

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
So....
The AFP raid a journalist’s home, and then the ABC offices, to track down those who leaked documents. Documents that put our Government and it’s actions in a bad light.
But then they do this?
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/breathtaking-development-afp-drops-investigation-into-who-leaked-classified-medevac-advice-20190607-p51vir.html
And because they reckon they couldn’t track the leak?
Yet a journo published a story on the back of a whistleblower and they could have done exactly the same as they did a few days ago.
Those who think that this attack on our press freedom isn’t coming from our elected officials is living in la la land.
We are sitting on a tipping point in our history.
What are you going to do about it?
What are you doing about it? What do you suggest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deltablues

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
That is true.

Though being in political party I’m guessing the biggest enemies you face are your fellow members.

Nasty business.
Politics attracts those who are hardwired into Machiavellian intrigue, backstabbing, self-aggrandizement, petty palace coups, and revenge. In other words, tribal power. Reprising their inner 5 year olds.

All under the guise of helping others/saving the World.

At Uni the left wing folk majored in SDA [Students for Democratic Action], megaphone messages, and body painting/puppetry. The right wing in Chamber of Commerce/Elks etc networking, nice suits.

When you get to eventually meet some of these folk, say at table at a business lunch, or a fund raiser, you [or at least I, je, mois] ask yourself - FMD! - would I employ this person?

He who said that 'anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be disqualified' was on the money.

Term limits, please.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone seriously happy with this?

Government wanting to forge a new era of unaccountability.
This writer would be in deep kakka in a couple of years at this rate.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Make America White Again!
How can self respecting Republicans put up with this? America was built on immigration, does he not understand that it became “great” because of the mix of colours, religions and nationalities?
The man is a pig. And there’s enough dumbasses in America to give him another term.

Baltimore Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Make America White Again!
How can self respecting Republicans put up with this? America was built on immigration, does he not understand that it became “great” because of the mix of colours, religions and nationalities?
The man is a pig. And there’s enough dumbasses in America to give him another term.
But its actually who they are, they are proudly racist

I saw a number of ordinary people interviewed after Trumps latest racist rants, they were fully supportive of him with many saying that is why they voted for him

Racism in the US is now normalised

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
But its actually who they are, they are proudly racist

I saw a number of ordinary people interviewed after Trumps latest racist rants, they were fully supportive of him with many saying that is why they voted for him

Racism in the US is now normalised
Exactly right.
And they defend him to the hilt.
This is an excellent piece on the issue.

Top Bottom