All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

Goverment trying to Destroy the NDIS

Your tweet is unavailable Dave.
But who would be surprised that a conservative Government is trying to destroy a social plan that costs them money?
The conservatives are only interested in those who can fund themselves.
They always claim to have a social conscience, but their record on Pensioners, refugees, unemployed and disabled shoes they really operate under the mantra “I’m alright Jack, get the hell off my back.”
Unfortunately, as seen across the world with the election of Trump and May (now Boris), society has decided that they will look inward, not outward.

I’m constantly surprised that the religious happy clapper Prime Minister shows his two faces, without appearing to have a moral conflict.
He is happy to not intervene in the disgusting case of a family of four being sent back to a place of danger. Despite this family settling in a country town, becoming a valued skilled employee. Despite the family “integrating” in the Australian way of life.
Which is what his party screams for immigrants to do.
No, he’s happy to go to his Sunday congregation while these people are living a nightmare.
What type of person has such split morals?
It’s four people. It’s four people who have embraced Australia, and their community have embraced them.
What’s the issue here?
Apart from overt racism of course.

Oh, and how can I forget Peter Dutton?
I assume the Tamil family just aren’t sexy enough.

Albanese is correct. ALP need to stick fat on it's economic policies - franking credits, negative gearing etc - and distance themselves from the greens - and it can throw vegan activism under the bus.

The more it distances themselves from issues such as veganism and the greens - the more quiet Australians such as Leviathan Pie could potentially vote ALP

Must read article.

Albanese is correct. ALP need to stick fat on it's economic policies - franking credits, negative gearing etc - and distance themselves from the greens - and it can throw vegan activism under the bus.

The more it distances themselves from issues such as veganism and the greens - the more quiet Australians such as Leviathan Pie could potentially vote ALP

Must read article.

So how has that worked out for the past 3 elections?

You get that only one-third of voters gave the ALP their first preference right?

The Greens however, slightly increased their vote

The ALP should just shut the ferk up, do and say nothing, sit back and watch the LNP destroy this country and then walk in a take Government by default, because the voters don't give a shytte about indepth well thought out constructive policy, what they care about is self-interest and nothing more

So how has that worked out for the past 3 elections?

You get that only one-third of voters gave the ALP their first preference right?

The Greens however, slightly increased their vote

The ALP should just shut the ferk up, do and say nothing, sit back and watch the LNP destroy this country and then walk in a take Government by default, because the voters don't give a shytte about indepth well thought out constructive policy, what they care about is self-interest and nothing more

To win over these voters you talk about - the quiet Australians, ALP must distance themselves strategically away from Greens IMO, they will always get their (Greens) preference over Libs.

Voters are also voting against their own ecoomic interests, all over the world, particularly the US, in spite of issues such as your avatar, white male privilege, gender equality, etc. This was well articulated int he article I lined. Turdball equals woke. Dutton equals :thumbsu:

Traditional democratic voters are won over by Trump border policy, and traditionally silent Australians in the article are voting ON and Liberals once voted ALP.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m putting this out to others who follow, or have a better perspective than me, on the current US/Iran situation.
Is this another “coalition of the willing” moment?
Are the US trying to start a war without any real evidence?
Would love to know from someone who follows these things closely.
Always go back to the basics in relation to anything to do with Politics

What do all those countries have in common that are currently being "targeted" by the US?
They are either
1. Rising Economic or Military Power
2. They have Oil
It is ALWAYS about maintaining control (power)

What they then do is try the 'bait and switch' and claim its all about some moral duty or "they hit me first" which are just excuses (and in all cases lies) they use for the public's consumption.

I always recall a line used by Mr. Mandela at the start of the Iraq invasion, he said "anyone who thinks this is about anything other that one country stealing the oil of another country is not really thinking that hard"

Always go back to the basics in relation to anything to do with Politics

What do all those countries have in common that are currently being "targeted" by the US?
They are either
1. Rising Economic or Military Power
2. They have Oil
It is ALWAYS about maintaining control (power)

What they then do is try the 'bait and switch' and claim its all about some moral duty or "they hit me first" which are just excuses (and in all cases lies) they use for the public's consumption.

I always recall a line used by Mr. Mandela at the start of the Iraq invasion, he said "anyone who thinks this is about anything other that one country stealing the oil of another country is not really thinking that hard"

Actually if you join the dots the common denominator of invaded, overthrown countries is they do not have a Rothschild run Central Bank. And the Rothschild's have funded every war since Waterloo. There is 3 countries left with independent banks, Iran, North Korea and Cuba. Once they fall we have a one world government.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back