All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

I am very pleased to see the election saw no increase in representation of that scourge in parliament.

I refer, of course, to ponies.

Pretty sure Kristina Keneally is in fact a pony. I see her defeat not so much a defeat for labour as a victory for her constituency, and indeed humanity. No more ponies people.

I am very pleased to see the election saw no increase in representation of that scourge in parliament.

I refer, of course, to ponies.

Pretty sure Kristina Keneally is in fact a pony. I see her defeat not so much a defeat for labour as a victory for her constituency, and indeed humanity. No more ponies people.
One of the interesting things will be to see where KK fails upwards next. I will miss her though.

One of the interesting things will be to see where KK fails upwards next. I will miss her though.

She will probably get an ambassadorship or board role or something similar and * that up too.

If ever there was a toxic void it is KK.

Cheer up swipey. You still have the Melbourne Club and Australia Club as safe spaces surely?

She will probably get an ambassadorship or board role or something similar and duck that up too.

If ever there was a toxic void it is KK.

Cheer up swipey. You still have the Melbourne Club and Australia Club as safe spaces surely?
Don't forget The Athenaeum and The Savage. The latter would be best fit for you. They would be all wanting to keep their heads down right now.

Private clubs - the last bastion of discrimination.

Don't forget The Athenaeum and The Savage. The latter would be best fit for you. They would be all wanting to keep their heads down right now.

Private clubs - the last bastion of discrimination.

Ive been in the Australia a few times. Nice place. Not in the Savage yet.

I think we need a horses only club where jockeys are our club servants.

You're even worse. You ever thought about what damage your over-use of after shave has done to the ozone layer?

Eau de toilette, or eau de parfum you caveman.

After-shave... FMD

There was a bar in the Melbourne CBD I used to go to... called The Pony.

Not sure if still there
the pony is gone im sorry. i had a good week there one night in 2011

there is now a bar in the middle of the yarra called ponyfish island. a ponyfish is a truly horiffic concept.

the pony is gone im sorry. i had a good week there one night in 2011

there is now a bar in the middle of the yarra called ponyfish island. a ponyfish is a truly horiffic concept.
Im truly impressed with your nights out.... i.e. a night out turning into a good week

Some men look at reality and set themselves to changing the state of things.

Some men look at reality and despair and say it is all too hard.

Some men don't look at reality at all, because it where's the fun in that, and isn't 'reality' just for people attached to a matrix?

Here Tweets Craig Kelly: the stupidest dumb-dumb head to have ever befouled the halls of Parliament.

Or did we “fight for the gravy train that is a parliamentary seat”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some men look at reality and set themselves to changing the state of things.

Some men look at reality and despair and say it is all too hard.

Some men don't look at reality at all, because it where's the fun in that, and isn't 'reality' just for people attached to a matrix?

Here Tweets Craig Kelly: the stupidest dumb-dumb head to have ever befouled the halls of Parliament.

The first part is a Teddy Roosevelt rip off. Trying to work out who he's ripped off with the final two stanzas.

The first part is a Teddy Roosevelt rip off. Trying to work out who he's ripped off with the final two stanzas.

Third stanza echoes the words of Ted Sorensen, spoken by JFK in relation to a possible trip to the moon: “We choose to go to the Moon,” Kennedy said. “We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..."

From the mouths of morons, even the greatest words become self-serving and stupid.

My week is complete.

Morrison lost:thumbsu:
Collingwood won:thumbsu:
It's my birthday today
3 sensational events in 1 week. Take this week to the poolroom. HBD, get spoilt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back